The hotel was fully booked during our stay. Parking lot near hotel was full. But the two lots (Holiday Inn lots) across the street were fine. All parking was free. We stayed during Senior Week and had no problems. I traveled with my family (husband and 3 young kids). I noticed every family on our floor included young kids. I’m glad for that!!! We never heard noise at night. No partying on our floor! Front desk employees VERY friendly (Keith, Natalie, Rocco). The guy that helped with our luggage was very helpful (Mitch). Elevators moved quickly. We never waited longer than a minute for any of the four elevators. Housekeeping (Raquel) was quick and responsive. We needed an extra blanket for one of the kids… got it within 10 minutes after request. Received a USA Today newspaper every morning at our door. Various fruit offered at front desk area (bananas, oranges, apples, grape fruit, peaches).
Rooms were spacious and clean. Although, tile floor would get sticky from the water and sand from the kids in and out of the room. Ocean front room was sweet!! There was carpeting in bedroom. Large flat screen TV in living room with kitchen table and 4 chairs. Also included a chair and ottoman, and double pull-out sofa. Ceiling fan in living room. Large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub. Kids played in it every night before bed. Glad I brought bubbles! Built-in hair dryer in bathroom. Double sinks in bathroom. Bedroom had TV and DVD player. Full-size ironing board with iron. Balcony had 4 chairs and small table. Four telephones located throughout suite. Kitchen was nice size too. Had full-size microwave, full-size stove/oven. Only one burner worked though. Full-size fridge (2 ice trays included). Full-size dishwasher (detergent included). Also included: blender, toaster, 4 cup coffee pot (4 bags of coffee included with cream/sugar), electric can opener, 2 skillets, 3 different size pots, 9 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 3 saucers, 5 bowls, 6 coffee cups, 9 drinking glasses, 6 juice glasses, 3 wine glasses, 2 champagne glasses, cork screw, veggie peeler, 2 baking sheets, 8 piece set of utensils (forks, spoons, soup spoons, butter knives), large cooking utensils, 1 steak knife, bottle opener, cutting board, 1 dish towel, 1 dish rag, dish soap provided. I brought a roll of paper towels for the stay… glad I did that!
Also located on our floor was 2 washers and 2 dryers. There was some mold in the washer, but they were free. No coins needed. No laundry soap provided nor offered in a vending machine. There was also an ice machine with soda pop machine (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dasani, Neste Iced tea)… all drinks only .40cents each. Candy/snack machine was priced from .60cents to a $1.
The restaurant was decent, but priced a little high. Indoor bar was nice… bartender Terry was excellent. She always remembered our room-number when we charged beverages. Hotel offered room service, but we never ordered.
Pools were nice. Indoor pool was always empty... except older people swimming in it. The kiddie-pool was very nice. Not overly crowded. 2 life-guards were on duty. 2 small slides and lazy river was cool. Just a handful of umbrellas in pool areas to block sun. I felt those were taken fairly early in the morning. Free towels at pool. Hot tub was ok… I never saw little kids in it. Adult outdoor pool was nice… not crowded. Outdoor bar was nice… $2 beer specials. Also had snack food for kids (nachos, hot dogs, fries, etc). Small area to sit in shade at bar area too. Bartenders walking around pool area ready to serve drinks/food. By 2pm half the pool areas are shaded from the sun (hotel is blocking sun)… which is nice.
Nice sandy beach… not a lot of shells. We brought our own sand toys for the kids to play. You can rent umbrellas, chairs, boogie boards at the beach entrance from hotel. This was NOT owned by the hotel. Will’s Beach Service= Umbrella was $15/day. Chair $10/day, mini-chair $7/day, boogie board $5/hour or $13/day.
I definitely will stay at this hotel again… it’s conveniently located on the boardwalk. We walked to the end of the boardwalk to have dinner. A train runs on the boardwalk during the evening costing $3/person. We rented bikes/surrey on 20thStreet off of boardwalk. They accepted the $5 competitor coupon from the place located on 8th Street. So, large surrey for an hour was $20 with coupon. Every evening before we went to dinner we stopped at the front desk asking if they had dinner coupons for the place we were heading to… and don’t you know it… the front desk gave us bigger discount coupons than what we found in all the coupon books/guides found in lobby area. Definitely ask the front desk for coupons!!
As for the pricing of this hotel… I think it’s expensive. Try priceline.com or calling Holiday Inn directly.
I wrote every detail down from the hotel because these were the things I wanted to know before my trip and couldn’t find. I hope this helps others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md