“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Linthicum, MD
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Here are the things that I think were very positive features at the
Holiday Inn:

*Wonderful top of the line outdoor heated children's pool that had
slides and a small lazy river

*Nice ocean view

*Nice sized deck with table and four chairs

*2 terry cloth robes in the room

*Complete kitchen with full-sized fridge, stove and oven, microwave,
dishwasher and sink
Also included pots, pans, dishes etc. and blender, can opener,
toaster and coffee pot (with coffee)

*Assorted complimentary fruit (pears, apples, bananas, oranges and
grapefruit) by the front desk

*The fancier restaurant at the hotel "Hemingway's" had delicious food
and was not overpriced

The hotel also had an adult outdoor pool and an indoor pool.

Besides the bedroom, kitchen and bath, there was a large combined living
room/dining room

There was another restaurant at the hotel that was right next to the
pool that offered more casual fare
as well as the menu at the fancier restaurant and was more family
oriented and noisier.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Doctor_Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
Gibsonia, PA
Reviewed 26 June 2010

The hotel was fully booked during our stay. Parking lot near hotel was full. But the two lots (Holiday Inn lots) across the street were fine. All parking was free. We stayed during Senior Week and had no problems. I traveled with my family (husband and 3 young kids). I noticed every family on our floor included young kids. I’m glad for that!!! We never heard noise at night. No partying on our floor! Front desk employees VERY friendly (Keith, Natalie, Rocco). The guy that helped with our luggage was very helpful (Mitch). Elevators moved quickly. We never waited longer than a minute for any of the four elevators. Housekeeping (Raquel) was quick and responsive. We needed an extra blanket for one of the kids… got it within 10 minutes after request. Received a USA Today newspaper every morning at our door. Various fruit offered at front desk area (bananas, oranges, apples, grape fruit, peaches).

Rooms were spacious and clean. Although, tile floor would get sticky from the water and sand from the kids in and out of the room. Ocean front room was sweet!! There was carpeting in bedroom. Large flat screen TV in living room with kitchen table and 4 chairs. Also included a chair and ottoman, and double pull-out sofa. Ceiling fan in living room. Large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub. Kids played in it every night before bed. Glad I brought bubbles! Built-in hair dryer in bathroom. Double sinks in bathroom. Bedroom had TV and DVD player. Full-size ironing board with iron. Balcony had 4 chairs and small table. Four telephones located throughout suite. Kitchen was nice size too. Had full-size microwave, full-size stove/oven. Only one burner worked though. Full-size fridge (2 ice trays included). Full-size dishwasher (detergent included). Also included: blender, toaster, 4 cup coffee pot (4 bags of coffee included with cream/sugar), electric can opener, 2 skillets, 3 different size pots, 9 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 3 saucers, 5 bowls, 6 coffee cups, 9 drinking glasses, 6 juice glasses, 3 wine glasses, 2 champagne glasses, cork screw, veggie peeler, 2 baking sheets, 8 piece set of utensils (forks, spoons, soup spoons, butter knives), large cooking utensils, 1 steak knife, bottle opener, cutting board, 1 dish towel, 1 dish rag, dish soap provided. I brought a roll of paper towels for the stay… glad I did that!

Also located on our floor was 2 washers and 2 dryers. There was some mold in the washer, but they were free. No coins needed. No laundry soap provided nor offered in a vending machine. There was also an ice machine with soda pop machine (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dasani, Neste Iced tea)… all drinks only .40cents each. Candy/snack machine was priced from .60cents to a $1.

The restaurant was decent, but priced a little high. Indoor bar was nice… bartender Terry was excellent. She always remembered our room-number when we charged beverages. Hotel offered room service, but we never ordered.

Pools were nice. Indoor pool was always empty... except older people swimming in it. The kiddie-pool was very nice. Not overly crowded. 2 life-guards were on duty. 2 small slides and lazy river was cool. Just a handful of umbrellas in pool areas to block sun. I felt those were taken fairly early in the morning. Free towels at pool. Hot tub was ok… I never saw little kids in it. Adult outdoor pool was nice… not crowded. Outdoor bar was nice… $2 beer specials. Also had snack food for kids (nachos, hot dogs, fries, etc). Small area to sit in shade at bar area too. Bartenders walking around pool area ready to serve drinks/food. By 2pm half the pool areas are shaded from the sun (hotel is blocking sun)… which is nice.

Nice sandy beach… not a lot of shells. We brought our own sand toys for the kids to play. You can rent umbrellas, chairs, boogie boards at the beach entrance from hotel. This was NOT owned by the hotel. Will’s Beach Service= Umbrella was $15/day. Chair $10/day, mini-chair $7/day, boogie board $5/hour or $13/day.

I definitely will stay at this hotel again… it’s conveniently located on the boardwalk. We walked to the end of the boardwalk to have dinner. A train runs on the boardwalk during the evening costing $3/person. We rented bikes/surrey on 20thStreet off of boardwalk. They accepted the $5 competitor coupon from the place located on 8th Street. So, large surrey for an hour was $20 with coupon. Every evening before we went to dinner we stopped at the front desk asking if they had dinner coupons for the place we were heading to… and don’t you know it… the front desk gave us bigger discount coupons than what we found in all the coupon books/guides found in lobby area. Definitely ask the front desk for coupons!!

As for the pricing of this hotel… I think it’s expensive. Try priceline.com or calling Holiday Inn directly.
I wrote every detail down from the hotel because these were the things I wanted to know before my trip and couldn’t find. I hope this helps others.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GabbyfromGibby
Leeds,
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The hotel was in a nice, easy to get to location. Parking was a slight problem as non handicap people kept parking in the handicapped spot closest to the hotel. My mother who walks with canes had to walk futher then necessary. It was difficult at times to even get close enough to drop her off. Our room; a semi-suite was on the eleventh floor, and was comfortably furished. The couch and chair in the living room could use more padding but otherwise were okay. The bedroom was great. Beds were roomy and comfortable and even the pillows were good!
Make sure you ask for a ocean/beach facing room.

There were a couple of things that I felt should be brought to the attention of the management or mainteance. The sliding screen door to the patio was falling off it's tracks and was very difficult to open. All the fasets from the kitchen sink to the bathroom shower leaked. Just enough to be annyoing. And we didn't get serviced the first day we were there. She dropped in about 6 PM to ask if we wanted service and we were just settling in for dinner. No thanks!

RECOMMANDATION: Check with the hotel or even the OCean City Website and find out when SENIOR Week is, because even though we were on the eleventh floor the noise from the kids partying ALL Night was defening. Never got a goodnights sleep. One night we were woken up at 4:30 AM with two guys arguring and police being called. We stayed the weekend of June 11th. This years SENIOR WEEKEND!! Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank w0rldtravelled1
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I live in Maryland and have been going to Ocean City every summer since the kids were born (has it really been 15 years?) always staying for a week in a high-rise condo in North Ocean City. In addition to the week uptown this year I promised the kids we'd also take a 3-day mid-week mini-trip and stay in a hotel right on the boardwalk, so they could experience something new. I chose the Holiday Inn Suites and it was great. Two outdoor and one indoor pools, directly on the boardwalk, well maintained rooms and common areas, nice staff, free parking, 3-room suite with kitchen, great beds (even the sleep-sofa was ok to sleep on), cold and quiet air conditioning, fantastic big bathroom with oversized whirlpool tub and double sinks, big TVs with cable, no wait for elevators, plenty of carts to take luggage to rooms, a hose on the boardwalk to wash the sand off your feet, wireless internet in the room, I could go on and on. I'm trying to think of something bad to say: the handle on the toilet broke off but a man came within ten minutes of my call and fixed it in about two minutes so that's nothing to complain about. My room started to get hot around bedtime one night and when I went over to the thermostat to see what was going on I noticed a sign stating that the a/c would not work if the patio door was ajar, and sure enough the kids had not closed it all of the way. So we had a great experience at this hotel. No regrets whatsoever. I see that's it's the #3 rated hotel in OC and it deserves it. I'll have to try out #1 and #2 to see how it could be any better: maybe some chocolate treats left on the pillows?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank somerssalt
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2010

What a pleasant surprise! This is about the nicest place I've stayed in O.C., although I haven't tried the Hilton. The rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. I loved the jacuzzi in the room, and the little kitchen was very handy. Listened to the ocean waves at night...heavenly! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsKittyVA
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I forgot to write this review a couple weeks ago. But my husband and I stayed here for a couple days just before Memorial Day weekend and the location of the hotel was not bad and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms in this hotel are very much 2/3 star quality. So if you're looking for something a little more upscale this is not the place for you. Especially for the price. I would recommend the sleep inn hotle because it's still new and the location is much better.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Johnstown, PA
Reviewed 6 June 2010

The hotel was much more than I ever hoped for. The suite was large and very comfortable. You enter into a living room complete with a flat screen and VHS. Then you walk through the full kitchen area, complete with anything you would need for light meals, pots, pans, blender, toaster,etc. Then you walk into the bedroom complete with jucuzzi tub, another flat screen with VCR and the amazing view from the balcony. The shower has three heads which was great to come back to after walking the board walk. One of the best things was the two out door pools. One was an "activity" pool with small slides and things for the kids so at the other pool you could swim or just relax without a lot of little kids splashing and making noise. Everyone was happy, those of us who just wanted to quietly read and the parents who didn't have to worry about their kids bothering people and especially the kids who just wanted to have a good time. Everyone won! The hotel its self is so well built that I ended up there during "senior week" and I didn't hear anything from any other room, even though I had kids beside me. I'll definately go back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo