Grand Hotel & Spa
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$154
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
US$166
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$176
US$165
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$200
Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$231
Courtyard
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$432
3,928 results
All reviewshour coffee shopepic barpizza shoppizza placeoff seasonparking garageocean viewoutdoor poolplenty of parkingboard walkfamily vacationbeds were comfortablefloorbalconyboardwalkhousekeepingjacuzzi
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This hotel is in a great location, but unfortunately that's the only thing good I can say about it. We paid for a "side view," and were disappointed to learn that beyond our balcony rail, was the roof, which had yet another fence (barrier) around it, so our view was quite distant and obstructed. When I asked the woman at the front desk why I had to pay the same for a side view that was obstructed as someone in the same room on the 10th floor who, her responde was, "We only have 7 floors." Then, she proceeded to tell me that it's "First come, first served." So, I would advise that you specifically ask for a high floor when making your reservation. Also, on day one, we had coffee but no cups in our room, so I had to go on a search for a housekeeper Saturday morning before I could have cup of coffee to drink our our balcony with the view of two fences. Then, the next day, there were plenty of cups, but no coffee. This isn't what I expected for $320 a night. I have had MUCH better rooms, views, and service in much less expensive hotels. I will say they let me check out at 1:30 after I complained, but it took a lot of fast talking to get the late check out!

Room Tip: Call and demand a higher floor for your money.
2  Thank IndyTourist068
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your view, unfortunately, the room you have described is one of our Grand View rooms. While this room does have a view of the ocean from the balcony, there are fence obstructions, which is why they are our least expensive. I realize that you considered your room rate high, but please keep in mind that in order for any hotel on the Ocean City boardwalk to survive, it is necessary to sell them at higher rates during the peak summer season.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I hope that on your next trip to Ocean City you give us another try and this time ask to speak to me personally; I'll make sure your next room is perfect!

Yours in hospitality -

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I last stayed at The Grand in Aug of 2009. The last time I stayed, I booked an ocean front room. I like to look out of the balcony and people watch or listen to the waves crash at night. This time around I booked my vacation late and there weren't any ocean front rooms available. We had an ocean view room which you can still see the ocean and the boardwalk from. Everything was pretty much the same as last time. The rooms clean, the staff is friendly, the pool is a little on the smaller side but the outside pool bar is fantastic. The one issue I had was some of the other guest. On both sides of our room we had loud quest. They came in at night at very early hours, obviously drunk and rowdy. Two doors down, a guest had passed out drunk in his chair on the balcony. The ocean front rooms are only about $10 more a night and I would of gladly spent the extra money to not have to deal with that nonsense. My assumption is that a better class of people would stay at the ocean front rooms. Its not something that the hotel can really control (who stays there) and it was just a minor annoyance. Not something I would hold against the hotel itself. Its still a pretty good hotel situated right on the boardwalk, great location, fairly clean rooms, friendly staff and awesome pool bar.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank keyser777
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel was very nice. Staff were very accommodating. Check-in process was exceptional. Clean room with excellent cleaning staff/service. View of Ocean & Bay from Grand Room was very nice. Outdoor pool & pool bar were nice. Parking was sufficient & safe. Overall great experience!

2 upgrades to Balcony would make things even better: Get better chairs to sit on; have better privacy between rooms (eliminate the metal posts with solid barriers which would provide better privacy & safety).

Room Tip: If you want good view stay on a higher floor. Ice machines are only on even floors.
2  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable, however the bathroom was very small. The views were great. Plenty of parking in garage. There is no privacy on the balcony because there is only metal bars between them.

1  Thank superzuber
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2011

Thanks for staying with us and for the review. Yes, our bathrooms are on the smaller side, but our big rooms make up for it. We have been looking for a vendor to have canvas privacy dividers installed between each room...hopefully by next season this will be complete.

Thanks again for choosing the Grand Hotel & Spa!

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Our stay at the Grand was a combination of vacation and work for me. I did the usual due diligence searching for a hotel near or on the Boaldwalk and narrowed it down to three hotels. I call the first two with my list of questions, but when I called the Grand, there was an energy that the other two reservation clerks lacked. Beth was not only excited about telling me about the Grand, but took an interest in getting me the best possible rate for my room needs. Beth sold me on the Grand, a month before we got there! The check-in process that afternoon was very smooth and there was never more than a couple of folks waiting because they had floating staff. The room was larger than we expected and the balcony had a great view of the ocean and north lights. The main reason for writing this note is the service we received from the managers, Patrick and Chris. The hotel offered iffy wi-fi with the signal strength depending on you where. But, I needed to do some work requiring my laptop be connected directly to a port. They have only one port, which we found out didn't work. This went un-noticed because everything is wireless, typically. Patrick and Chris brought in their IT team, who quickly fixed the router and cable issues. Needless to say, not only was I up and running off the port, but they strengthened the wi-fi signal throughout the entire hotel, including the rooms. I travel a lot and have never received such responsiveness to something as major as this so quick. We will stand at the Grand on our future trips and hope you do too. BTW, the irish bartender, Dillen?, in the Lounge is cool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north east side gives the best view of the ferris wheel lights at night.
2  Thank Roy9013

It was a pleasure having you here and we look forward to seeing you again!