Grand Hotel & Spa
Dunes Manor Hotel, Court & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$220
US$199
ClarionHotels
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$171
HIExpress.com
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$165
US$195
US$352
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$127
US$214
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$177
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$250
3,934 results
All reviewshour coffee shopepic barpizza shoppizza placeoff seasonparking garageocean viewoutdoor poolplenty of parkingboard walkfamily vacationbeds were comfortablefloorbalconyboardwalkhousekeepingjacuzzi
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed this past week and I was a little disappointed in the hotel. I've been to Ocean City many times and have stayed at the Rodeway Oceanfront, Quality Inn Boardwalk and the Dunes Manor Hotel. I have always thought the Grand looked so nice so I decided to book it for a friend weekend getaway. I was disapponted in a few things - the ice machines are every other floor and we had to go to 5 different floors before we could fill our very small cooler to take onto the beach, the air conditioning kicked off and on which kept us awake, there is no ventilation in the bathroom such as a fan to remove steam after a shower - which I would think that would cause alot of mold in their walls but who knows...there was constant noise from people opening and closing their sliding glass doors above or beside us, noise from people closing hallway doors, people being loud on the patios - the patios are not private from on another, the elevators didn't work so well and you had to wait forever. I dealt with a person at the front desk who was very nice the first day and the rest of the time the staff wasn't so nice. For what we paid here, I was a little disappointed. Overall it was OK but I think that it looked so much better than what I experienced.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We have stayed at the Grand for two years in a row. The service continues to be excellent! We called for extra towels a few times during our stay; they were delivered promptly with a follow up call from the front desk to ensure we received our towels. We stayed on the third floor this time in an ocean front room. The view was great, although you could not see as far down the beach as from a higher floor - we were there to see the ocean anyway, so this was not a bad thing. There were signs requesting only handicapped and oversize vehicles use the parking lot in front of the hotel, and the lot was usually full of oversize vehicles. (We have a minivan which was no problem to park in the ramp garage - there were always spaces available.) Very conveniently, there is a pizza/sub/burger shop located in the hotel and a 24 hour Java Cafe which offers panninis, fruit, yogurt, desserts and toiletries in addition the coffee. The rooms are large and clean, and the location is great. Our only complaint was that we could hear a man hollering at the top of his voice at 7 AM "Owen, when are you going to get out of bed?!!" This, however, is not the hotel's fault; we just happened to be in a room next to an insensitive loudmouth! Overall, we continue to love the Grand and will return next summer!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KMate
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for five days in July. We tried to get a booking at our favorite hotel the Park Place but could not so we tried this one. Overall, not a bad hotel. The staff appeared very friendly and helpful. There was pleny of parking in a covered parking garage. It is on the boardwalk which makes access to the wonderful Ocean City beach easy. It is a little far from the major attractions at the other end of the boardwalk but not too far. The major complaint in the worn out mattresses. Currently major hotels spend a great deal of time and effort to ensure the mattresses are new and comfortable. The mattresses at the Grand Hotel were worn out and both of us woke up with back aches. The pool and the pool bar were very nice and we spent a lot of time there. Also they have a coffee shop that is open 24 hours which is really convenient. Other than that the room is about average but clean. The price was about 200.00 plus per night which is about what you expect. Bottom line while not too bad we fell there are better choices in Ocean Ciy than this hotel

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewJerseyPhil
Reviewed 20 August 2011

21st Street, front of hotel right on boardwalk, ocean can be pretty much seen by all rooms. Hotel does need updating but not a bad stay. We needed more towels called downstair within minutes had more towels, same with a heavy blanket that night within minutes we had one. Hotel has coffee shop open 24 in lobby. Outside pool & pool bar, indoor pool. Six floor has a restuarant serves breakfast very reasonable. Big parking garage.
Lobby has plenty sitting area and sitting area outside. Would stay again. The only problem with this entire trip was all the broadwalk stores had many people working from other countries and it was difficult to understand them, and you had a hard time understanding them. These stores should have at least one american person working in their stores or at least people who understand and you can understand them. All in all great them would go again and stay at The Grands.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Margie31167
Reviewed 19 August 2011

the service blew. i went with my family for my birthday and not only did we have to wait to be sent to our room, but once we got up there the cleaning people JUST started cleaning it. when they finished we had to wait another ten minutes for "billy" to come inspect it. PLUS they gave our room to another family, luckily we ran into each right before they were going into our room. the hotel looks nice & the rooms are fine, but i would never go again.

• Stayed: August 2011
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

I'm very sorry to hear of your dis-satisfaction with the check-in process. I have sent you a personal e-mail to get more information, but what I have been able to glean from your review is that you were checking in during the afternoon. If you were here before our 4pm check-in time, we do try our best to get all of our guests to their rooms as early as possible, but not so fast that we are unable to ensure a perfectly clean and stocked guest room. I'm sorry that you had to wait for the room to be inspected, but the hotels Executive Housekeeper takes great pride in our rooms and insists that no guest checks into a room until it gets her own or one of our inspectors seal of approval.

Again, please accept my apologies. I have no information on the "over-book" situation you mentioned, I look forward to hearing from you soon to get to the bottom of that situation.

Sincere Regards,