“I love this hotel”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Grand Hotel has always been my favorite hotel in Ocean City. It's right on the boardwalk and near everything. I went in November alone and still had a great time. (Me Time). The spa is right in the hotel and the massage I had was just what the doctor order. You really didn't have to venture out if you didn't want to. Everything you need is in the hotel. (Spa. restaurant, lounge, indoor pool & game room along with an excerise room.) You even can do minor shopping without going outside. The rooms and views are great!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank banderson220
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Hello banderson220,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us time and time again. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, along with all of the amenities the Grand Hotel and Spa has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Once again allowing us another opportunity to make every stay a memorable one! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are grateful for your business. Have a great day and a happy holiday!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,711)

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Had a very nice room called a Premier Ocean View that gave a good view of the ocean and boardwalk. Large room with 2 queen beds that were comfortable. The lobby had a small coffee bar and doughnut/breakfast snack shop. We were there in mid November and there were no crowds. It is a short drive to the Convention Center and many restaurants were still open mid-week. Would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Retailman
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Hello Retailman,

I am delighted that we met or exceeded your expectations and that you were pleased with your room because it is our goal to provide you with a superior experience when you visit our property. We want to ensure that you leave completely satisfied!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and continuing to prove our commitment to providing excellent guest service. Thank you for your valuable time and allowing us the opportunity to provide you with your hotel accommodation needs during your recent getaway to the Ocean City, MD area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Once again another fab weekend here !! The storm came through and was wonderful to see from the amazing view point of the 8th floor. And the next day glorious sunshine, blue skys and sea !! Just breath taking. Service was impeccable as always !! The kids had such fun at the pool !! And they were tuckered out after so weactually got some rest ;) Thanks to the Grand Family !!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dls1926

Hello dls1926,

We are a family here at the Grand Hotel & Spa and it reflects in what we do! I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay because it is our goal to provide you with superior guest service every time you visit our property. I am confident that your experience with the Grand Hotel & Spa will be just as perfect as the last!

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I appreciate your valued time and business. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Went for a quick weekend away. Spent a few extra dollars for the signature room. Great view of the ocean and the room was very clean. The upgrade included different linens and blanket which were very comfortable. The store downstairs in the lobby had good coffee, but the lines in the morning were pretty long and moved slowly. The pizza restaurant was average at best. There is a small game room but you have to sign the equipment out for the shuffle board, pool table, and bean bag toss at the front desk then bring it to and from the game room which is on a different floor, kind of a hassle, and not worth the effort. There is a nice pool with outdoor bar, but being the offseason and a little cool it was open but not appropriate. The staff is very friendly, I called about the TV not working properly and someone was at my door in minutes, had a new one in the room within an hour of my call, so I would say the service was excellent. The location can't be beat, it's right on the Ocean City Boardwalk with plenty of places to eat, shop, and the beach feet away. My wife and I really liked Fish Tales, walk right down the street to the bayside marina, great food and atmosphere.

All in all I would say the the friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms, and location (right on the Ocean City Boardwalk) make this one of the better places to stay in Ocean City.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank roxi06
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed for a quick girls weekend at the Grand. It had all the amenities you could ask for, shopping, coffee shop, spa, bar/lounge, pizza, work out room, indoor and outdoor pool. It was also conveniently located on the boardwalk. Not the most luxurious place but clean, comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: The hotel sits at a half-circle overlooking the ocean so a partial ocean view is just about as good...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank dcoldsmith
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

We're very happy you and the Girls enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I really loved "The Grand"! My boyfriend and I got the Weekend Escape Package and had a wonderful time. We didn't like the location of the room because it was on the outter side of the building so we asked from another room with a better view. Kyle had no problem accommodating us within our package's terms. The room was clean, beds were very comfortable and the price was well worth it. Arlene was also very helpful. The bartender was very sweet and personable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you get the weekend escape package try to stay in 603. That was a GREAT ROOM! View of the ocean a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angelflygirl
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed here on the eve of 9/11. At approx. 11:00 PM, we were woken by a fire alarm accompanied by an automated message telling us to exit the building. As the slow procession of guests made their way down to the first floor and exited the building, I became aware of the fact that there was no one from the hotel staff helping or directing us. One employee wearing a badge that said security was just walking around and provided no assistance. I felt very badly for the elderly that were slowly descending down the fire exit with no help from anyone on the hotel staff.

The following morning I spoke to the Front Desk manager and expressed my displeasure with the performance of the hotel staff during this fire alarm. Fortunately the fire was in an adjoining building and seemed to be a non-event, She gave me some standard "party line" and said someone would follow up and call me to discuss this. That never happened. I shutter to think what would happen if there was a really serious fire in the hotel itself. In my opinion I don't think they would be prepared to handle it.

I was also dismayed by the condition of the room. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, the bed was terribly uncomfortable and seemed to lean to one side, and the patio door opened and closed very poorly.

All this and I paid "top dollar" for my room. Never Again !!!!!

For all these reasons I cannot recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hans k
mbrownOCMD, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Hello hans k,

Thank you for taking your valued time to provide us with your feedback. I would also like to express our sincere appreciation for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with your hotel accommodation needs during your recent getaway to the Ocean City, MD area. It is our goal to exceed your expectations by providing you with superior guest service and a meticulously cleaned room when you visit our property. I truly apologize this did not happen during your recent visit.

I empathize with you about your concerns regarding the events that took place during the fire alarm. However I would like to assure you that we do have extremely thorough fire alarm procedures in place at the hotel. A section of these procedures entails contacting all guests who are using a wheelchair and the disabled to advise them to stay in their room until further notice from the front desk or security. The staff is also instructed to assist any guests out of the hotel if necessary. I apologize once again that you did not bare witness to these procedures. I would like to inquire with you if you made anyone aware of the issues with your room during your stay? We would have certainly moved you to a room of your liking and even upgraded you for the inconvenience. Being a beachfront property that is extremely busy in the summer months unfortunately we do experience some wear, but our staff works diligently to ensure these issues are corrected as noticed. We take all of your comments very seriously and they have been reviewed by the management team, so we can use them as an additional tool to train our staff.

Although we have failed you, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally to further discuss this matter and let me know when you're planning on visiting the area again. I would like to make sure that your next stay is perfect! Thank you for your time and business. Have a great day!