“Excellent Value and a good time”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Value and a good time”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel was a great price during the off season, Its location is perfect. Connected to the boardwalk with shops in the lobby. The bar opens at 4 i believe and is ok if your with friends. When we went it was packed but with a lifeless crowd. the staff could do some improving there, bartenders not very social. The rooms are a little dated but nice size and comfortable beds. The view is awesome of the beach in the morning. Overall a great cheap place to stay during the off season.

Room Tip: Ocean front not side view. The 8th or 9th floor is the best
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Georgetown, Delaware
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We spent two nights here, New Years Day to Tuesday. The hotel is beautifully decorated and clean, check in was very easy and parking was convenient to hotel. We had a double-queen room on the 8th floor with a beautiful ocean view. Our room was spacious and very clean.

The only negative we had was that while the hotel was virtually empty, we were sandwiched between two very, very loud rooms. To our right were the 'door slammers' and to our left were the 'clueless family.' The door slammers were just annoying for a little while, but clueless was annoying for hours. The first night we arrived, they came home after we did and proceeded to yell and scream at their already screaming bratty child. A screaming child is bad enough, but two out-of-control parents were too much. After about an hour though, they all calmed down and it was peaceful.

The next morning, at 6:30 AM, the screaming began again, this time 10x worse than the night before. After about an hour and a half of this, I called the front desk to complain. I asked if the screamers were checking out (we had one more night here) and if not we wished to be moved. A very friendly front desk clerk assured me that they were leaving and said she would call them. Unfortunately, I heard the phone ring next door after the screamers had left, but at least they tried.

The only other downside was that there was boardwalk construction going on and that was a bit loud and disruptive.

Overall, our stay at the Grand was great for the money, but with the paper-thin walls, I don't think we would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, do not stay here. Not only are the rooms smoke-free, but you also cannot smoke...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelrat4ever
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Thank you for taking your valued time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to express our sincere appreciation for allowing us the privilege to provide you with your hotel accommodation needs during your recent visit. Our goal is to provide you with a memorable experience when you visit our property and I apologize this did not happen.

I understand and empathize with you concerning your situation about the level of noise you received from surrounding rooms. Unfortunately not all of our guests are considerate to the others around them. We would have been happy to give you a complimentary upgrade to room of your liking, but I can relate to your decision not to move at the time. The noise coming from outside of the hotel is usually not an issue, but the town of Ocean City is currently reconstructing the boardwalk from 15th to 27th street at this time. However I do apologize once again for the inconvenience.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss this matter further and let me know when you're planning on visiting the area again. I would like to make sure that your next stay is perfect! Thank you for your time and business!

Marion, Maryland
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have stayed at The Grand Hotel several times. I love staying here because of the day spa conveniently located in the lobby. Each visit I stayed in the king/jacuzzi tub room - oceanfront, of course. I love going downstairs and getting a massage by Karen. She is GREAT! She remembers me each visit and welcomes me with a warm smile. I have been all over town getting massages and she is the BEST! I highly recommend a stay here and a visit to the salon/day spa!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hillsfolly
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to once again provide you with your hotel accommodation needs during you recent getaway. We truly appreciate your loyalty! I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Karen in the Aqua Day Spa.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I appreciate your valued time and business. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a great day!

Yours in Hospitality,
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I was gobsmacked by the value this hotel gives for a traveler in the off season. They staff down a bit, and OC isn't as packed as during the season, but October and November are beautiful months at the beach with the water staying warm til late. December it gets a bit chilly, but the beach is if anything even more beautiful and the pubs and cafes frequently have special that are worth searching for. The prime rib competition between the pubs and the cafes is something that is worth checking out, since most of them are under $10 one night of the week.
Anyway, the Grand is a large highrise hotel on the top of the boardwalk, which is being gutted and replaced in December of 2011. The staff is attentive and fun, albeit thin on the ground in December. The eating options are limited, but almost all the rooms have some sort of ocean view. The hotel is shaped like the letter C, with the open part facing back to Coastal Highway. There are 25 rooms on each floor, with the 13 tier having the most direct view of the beach, and the 01 and 25 tiers having the worst, look to the side and you can see some waves, sort of view. BUT, I stayed in the 06 tier and it was a rather good ocean view, good enough to spot a pod of dolphins and to enjoy the ocean sunrises. So anything from 06 to 20 is good, but the ones between 08 and 18 have phenomenal ocean views.

Room Tip: Room tiers between 06 and 20 are all good, but the ones between 08 and 18 are phenomenal.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ZivBnd
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the breathtaking views from our balconies because it is our goal to provide you with a superior experience every time you visit our property. I am confident that your next visit with the Grand Hotel & Spa will be just as perfect as the last!

Yours in Hospitality,
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Grand Hotel has always been my favorite hotel in Ocean City. It's right on the boardwalk and near everything. I went in November alone and still had a great time. (Me Time). The spa is right in the hotel and the massage I had was just what the doctor order. You really didn't have to venture out if you didn't want to. Everything you need is in the hotel. (Spa. restaurant, lounge, indoor pool & game room along with an excerise room.) You even can do minor shopping without going outside. The rooms and views are great!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank banderson220
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Hello banderson220,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us time and time again. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, along with all of the amenities the Grand Hotel and Spa has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Once again allowing us another opportunity to make every stay a memorable one! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are grateful for your business. Have a great day and a happy holiday!

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Had a very nice room called a Premier Ocean View that gave a good view of the ocean and boardwalk. Large room with 2 queen beds that were comfortable. The lobby had a small coffee bar and doughnut/breakfast snack shop. We were there in mid November and there were no crowds. It is a short drive to the Convention Center and many restaurants were still open mid-week. Would stay there again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Retailman
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Hello Retailman,

I am delighted that we met or exceeded your expectations and that you were pleased with your room because it is our goal to provide you with a superior experience when you visit our property. We want to ensure that you leave completely satisfied!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and continuing to prove our commitment to providing excellent guest service. Thank you for your valuable time and allowing us the opportunity to provide you with your hotel accommodation needs during your recent getaway to the Ocean City, MD area. Have a great day!

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Once again another fab weekend here !! The storm came through and was wonderful to see from the amazing view point of the 8th floor. And the next day glorious sunshine, blue skys and sea !! Just breath taking. Service was impeccable as always !! The kids had such fun at the pool !! And they were tuckered out after so weactually got some rest ;) Thanks to the Grand Family !!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dls1926
Hello dls1926,

We are a family here at the Grand Hotel & Spa and it reflects in what we do! I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay because it is our goal to provide you with superior guest service every time you visit our property. I am confident that your experience with the Grand Hotel & Spa will be just as perfect as the last!