Grand Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$82
US$145
US$131
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$80
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$69
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$233
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$188
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$64
HolidayInn.com
3,861 results
All reviewshour coffee shopepic barpizza shoppizza placeoff seasonparking garageocean viewoutdoor poolplenty of parkingboard walkfamily vacationbeds were comfortablefloorbalconyboardwalkhousekeepingjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We go to ocean city every year and stay on the boardwalk. This was by far the best hotel we have stayed in. The room was very large, spacious and just plain beautiful. I think the rugs were new as I broke my usual rule of always wearing slippers when traveling and happily walked on the rug. Also the bedspreads are white seersucker, very soft and you can tell they are changed between guests so I didn't mind using them for a change along with the fleecy white blankets. We had an ocean view room on the 7th floor and the view was incredible. This is the first time we all spent a lot of time sitting out on the balcony.Its on the quiet end of the boardwalk but close to everything. The pool is a little on the small side but there is also an indoor pool. They have a bar at the pool and they will also order food for you from the pizza shop downstairs.There is also a nice coffee shop/bakery downstairs that is open 24 hours great for grabbing late night snacks. Usually there is water pressure issue in the showers I thought was just a part of the boardwalk but the showers here were great, no different than at home. The bathrooms were clean and modern. The only problem was my daughter could only get wifi by the front door so she had to use the computer sitting up in a chair by the kitchenette instead of laying in bed as usual. Also there is a great restaurant on the 7th floor but it only serves breakfast if it also served lunch and dinner we might have never left the building. Everyone on staff was very helpful and friendly, check in was so fast and easy my husband went back to double check that we really were checked in correctly (we were). We hope to go back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda S
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

We pride ourselves on having the cleanest most spacious rooms you will find in Ocean City, MD, along with the friendliest staff you will find any hotel. I am overjoyed to hear that you have bared witness to our passion and that we have made another family's getaway a "great" vacation.

I will be sure to investigate you issues concerning the Wi-Fi access in your room and hope this does not detour you from making us your choice hotel for all of your future travels to Ocean City, MD. I can guarantee that we will continue to prove our commitment to making each and every one of your stays better than the last. Thank you for all of your positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours in Hospitality,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I have been going to ocean city,Md all our lives and have stayed in many places. We had a weekend free and decided to try the (stowaway) Grand as we passed it many times on the boardwalk and it looked awesome. Well, the only thing awesome is the location and the ocean view. Even though it is fairly new, the building from the entry way on up is not in good repair. The lobby and the rooms are cheaply and sparsely furnished and all the the hotel offers appear the same. The lounge, the shops, the pool areas all have potential too be fabulous, but aren't...somebody was way too frugal here, especially for the premium you pay to stay there. The front desk staff was all teenage when we were there(early July). We left early...very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here..much better places fro the money
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandy w

I am very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. However I would like to inform you that we are consistently making improvements to the hotel year over year. New furniture was just recently purchased for the outdoor sitting areas of our main entrance, the appearance of our elevators and some of our elevator landings were completely renovated. Brand new LCD flat screen TVs were installed in all of our Direct Oceanfront Signature and King Jacuzzi rooms. These are only a few of the changes we have made this year to improve the overall experience for all of our guests.

Nevertheless I apologize that we have failed you and that our accommodations were not to your liking. All of your comments will be shared with our management team and taken into consideration because we take all of our guests' feedback very seriously. I hope in the future you allows us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and prove our commitment to making every guests' stay an enjoyable getaway.

Yours in Hospitality,
Assistant General Manger

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Was impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. Rooms were updated and clean, not the usual beach front hotel with sandy carpets, peeling wallpaper and shoddy furnishings. Bathroom was a little small, and other guests comments about the screens between balcony patios is true. Still, and much better than usual beach accomodation. A little pricey, but if clean and comfortable is important to you, then use some rewards points on this one. You won't regret it.

Convenient shops located in the lobby/ on the boardwalk are great, especially the coffee/ breakfast/ ice cream shop and Oh La La, which is so much nicer than the usual boardwalk schlock stores. Pool and bar are nice.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are shaped in a curve, so middle rooms are right on boardwalk and rooms at the ends have more of a slice view. However, the end rooms on each floor also have 2 windows that look over OC and the sound.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We have stayed there 4 of 4 times and never a complaint. Courteous staff, clean rooms, excellent amendities. Indoor pool and outdoor pool were exceptional. I love having a cover and towel on my beach chair at the pool and enjoying a mixed drink from the tiki bar. No complaints. Will definaley return and stay for the 5th time. If it rains there is much to do in the hotel that you will never be bored. Definately recommended ***

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bhresp38
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Perfect location but rooms and amenities in general need some serious updates. Looks worn out and rusty. Beds are so cheap and the lowest quality, it's screaming for replacement.
This could easily be a top notch hotel in Ocean City, if the interiors and facilities are upgraded to current or at least 4-star standards.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FAPRULES
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

I am displeased to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. Our goal is provide every guest with an enjoyable experience and exceed their expectations. I apologize this was not the case during your visit with us.

We are a very busy oceanfront property and like any other oceanfront property we do experience the normal “wear and tear”. However our team works very hard in an attempt to maintain the property and we are always working on improving the overall experience for our guests. Every year we are constantly working towards maintaining and improving the hotel, but unfortunately we cannot accomplish all of these projects at one time. Just this year for example a large invest was made to replace an entire's floors sliding glass doors. New flat screen LCD TVs were also recently purchased which are featured in our Direct Oceanfront Signature Service and King Jacuzzi rooms. A major renovation was also done to improve the look of our elevators.

Although we have failed you once, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss this matter further and let me know when you're planning on visiting the area again. I would like to make sure that your next stay is perfect!

Best Regards,