“clean and refreshing!!”

Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“clean and refreshing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The room was bright airy and clean ,,,this was a last minute reservation with no prior reference .so we took a shot and hit the jackpot!! The Grand definitely exceeded our expectations!! This after checking out after staying one night at one of the better named hotels because of deplorable conditions the Grand salvaged our vacation with pleasurable amenities and made Ocean City fun for the whole family and a place I would highly recommend!!!

2 Thank metsfan2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is our second year staying at the Grand. We always stayed at Princess Royale but as my daughter is getting older she wanted to be closer to the boardwalk and wanted an outdoor pool. By luck we found the Grand and couldn't be happier. Upon check in the staff was gracious and accommodating. We were able to check in right away. We checked our room thoroughly and found it to be exactly what I expected. No bells or whistles but it was clean, spacious and free of rodents. Unless you were staying in your home what more could you ask for. I found that when we put the "service sign" on the door housekeeping cleaned the room before lunch. We were given fresh towels, toiletries and empty trash cans every day and the room was clean. We called the front desk three times during our stay and the staff acted almost immediately. The coffee pot was cracked upon arrival and we were given a brand new coffee maker/pot, the power went out during the night and came back on by early morning and the air conditioning did not so we called the front desk and was told that it would be just minutes as they had to reset the system, and the toilet clogged once and a man came to the room with a bucket and plunger and took care of it. I was impressed with the staff. We had rain for 2 out of 5 days on our trip but the hotel indoor pool was a time waster and my daughter and husband even got in the outdoor pool during a down pour which they are still talking about. Cannot wait until next summer to do it again!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much smaller.
3 Thank Donna H
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

on the evening of July 7th we waited 20 minutes for order only to find out they didn't have one of the items after everything was paid for. used credit card, and workers didn't know how to credit our account for item they didn't have. compensated by giving us onion rings that were not fit for consumption. person who we thought was in charge was not in charge and no manager was on site. called the next day and were told the manager was not available.

1 Thank marian l
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed at Grand from July 8-10. The experience was great and satisfactory! To begin with, I got a call from their Customer Service on our way to MD for a complimentary offer to the King Jacuzzi suite which has the flat screen TV I had earlier requested. It was a thoughtful and accommodating gesture on their part. However I had to decline the offer because I heard the top floors were hot and muggy. When we got there, I registered early, got my parking permits at 11 am, and even got another permit for my daughter's car who was only visiting for the day. I was told I'd get a call when our room was ready. True enough, I got a call at around 1:25 pm (even if check-in is not til 4p) that our room was ready for occupancy. Our room was comfortably cold, and clean. Towels smelled sanitized and bathroom really clean. The beds could use some upgrading, but it was the last to get noticed since we had a really roomy, cold, room. When we checked the outside pool, the customer service person (young curly haired male) offered to cover the seats for us. How nice and thoughtful! The lobby was almost always surprisingly clean considering sandy feet that came in and out of the double entrance doors. Love that coffee shop was open 24 hours! Loved the stores on the 1st floor. Loved the location --right on the boardwalk and to the beach! It was also on the quiet side of the boardwalk which I loved the most, and the tram was right there when we decided to go boardwalking. Upon check out, I asked the front desk if we were allowed to use the shower rooms on the second floor if we decided to still soak in the beach, and she courteously said, 'absolutely!". Also we were allowed to park for the day even after our check out time of 11 am.

May I also bring to the attention of management that the shower knob in the men's bathroom on the 2nd floor is broken so my husband was not able to shower :-/

Generally, our stay was pleasant, and even if I had to pay more, it was worth the few extra dollars because of comfort, and great customer service! I will go back at Grand in a heartbeat. I hope that soon, flat screen TV's will also be provided for the lower floors. Thank you for a wonderful vacation!

4 Thank sonicNj
Quarryville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Value good for ocean front/ boardwalk hotel. 24 hr coffee shop was nice for convenience. Did not try bar/ restaurant. In room kitchenette was a nice bonus. Bathroom was tight but manageable. Pool area very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank love2travel112
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was nice, though not spectacular. We did not get to the Spa, so I can't comment on it. The room was average size but had a nice ocean view. There was construction going on, but the disturbance was kept to a minimum. One note: The restaurant was TERRIBLE: both food AND service. Avoid it and eat at one of the millions of OCMD restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kelly H
Benton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed for 4 nights, and were evacuated one of those nights....because someone broke in and pulled the alarm?? The next day, evacuated again.....management never told any of us the true reasons why....or compensated us with anything....which I think would have been appropriate.
All rooms are oceanfront, but not really. We complained, and were moved to a true ocean front room, for more cost. The room is a good size, pretty much the only good thing. It's right on the boardwalk, but the very far end of the boardwalk.
The hotel is OK, but not great. Breakfast hours are too limited for those vacationing, and really no amenities to speak of. Pool was cold, and kind of gross. Next time you need to evacuate people, multiple days, tell them why so they feel safe.....

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them you want a room in the middle of the hotel or you will be looking at another...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family