“I was in Heaven”

Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Hillside, New Jersey
“I was in Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I love this hotel and the staff they have. I been coming to this hotel for a few years and it gets better every time, I went to the Spa and I was in HEAVEN, never felt so good, NOT to mention the Polish girl who cleaned my room she was so good I never had a great person to go on and above for the guest, I tipped her everyday I was there, I also added an extra night I didn't want to leave. The 24hour bakery is so good, They also have very good pizza and so much more, The outdoor pool, game room my hubby and kids love it they added more games, weight room this time I used it. I really love this hotel and u will 2. Front Desk has a great staff, not to mention this is the ONLY Hotel in OCMD that has a SPA and is right on the board walk, This Hotel has a lot of accommodations then any other Hotel in OCMD. I give this Hotel 200% above guest satisfaction I stayed August 17-25 and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: you cant go wrong with this place. I had a side view. but It looked like an ocean view with the boar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you so much for all of your kind words about our hotel! I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard. We love our return guests and look forward to seeing you each year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Annapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed in the ocean front king jacuzzi suite in the 12th floor for a high price which i was expecting to pay BUT i was also expecting at least 4 star/ high end hotel experience. That was not met.
---///////--------////////-------///------
Housekeeping sucked!!!!! They never replaced or even rinsed out our in room coffee cups or glasses. Didnt clean dining table or change bed linens during stay. Didn't replace or clean out candles from jacuzzi. Didn't throw away empty pizza boxes that didn't fit in trash can.
Hotel staff was nice enough but they were all young college and exchange students which is fine but they lack the four diamond hotel service you expect when your paying $400 a night.
The balconies are small.
Its not a bad hotel but its definitely not a four or five star hotel. Having stayed in almost ever hotel in ocean city over the last 20 years i don't think there is a lux hotel in Oc.
To sum it up, i could have gotten the same views, location, and lackluster service at harrison hall, days inn, boardwalk one or Howard Johnson's and stayed for a whole week for what i paid for 3 nites.

• Stayed August 2013
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel. We encourage guests to tell us of our mistakes so we can use them as a training tool and correct them. Upon receipt of your comments I immediately spoke to our Director of Operations and the Director of Housekeeping who are investigating the matter and will respond back to me point by point to ensure that we learn from this opportunity and prevent any re-occurrence. The level of cleaning was clearly not in keeping with the high standards we strive to maintain and exceed, and I apologize for that. Please allow us to make this up to you on your next trip to Ocean City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My first time there. .
I had a awesome time and the sales department treated me like a family member. My room was ok and so was the view. The hotel was perfect to the beach in distance. Very clean and the staff was very polite. See you soon ocean city!!!!

1 Thank kittymorris
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay! We try our best to surpass all guests’ expectations and couldn’t be happier when we do so. We look forward to having you back the next time you’re in Ocean City as well!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Beds were very uncomfortable and very hard. Bath towels had make up on them and looked like they were not washed. Ocean front patio had a great view. It also had 2 soda cans and alot of beach sand that had not been cleaned up. Front desk could have been a nicer! Maid service is very poor. Left for the beach at 11 am and came back at 2pm and the maid accomplished to clean 1room!

• Stayed August 2013
Brian R, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations. From your comments, the level of cleaning was clearly not acceptable and we are most embarrassed by our performance. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered. We will be sure to address this with our staff. We set very high standards for our housekeeping department and are consistently performing quality checks in our rooms and through guest feedback. We would like to assure all guests that cleanliness is a priority at our hotel. Again, please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay and we hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Far Rockaway, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel July 14 - 19, 2013, I arrived late because of transportation issues, after traveling most of the day we were tired and in desperate need of a shower, my daughter takes a shower and when she tried to turn off the water it wouldn't shut off. the hotel responded quickly but was unable to fix the problem. So I asked for another room and I was upgraded to an ocean front room. The hotel has a lot of amenities and the staff was very nice but the hotel is in need of some serious renovations. a flat screen TV would be nice and new wall paper and furniture. for the price they can do better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachLady50
I would like to thank you for choosing The Grand Hotel and Spa for your recent trip to Ocean City and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. All hotels from time to time need to upgrade their furnishings and ownership is in the process of addressing this issue. It appears we are doing some things well, and your comments will help us improve the other areas. Again thank you for sharing your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for 2 nights . The room was surprisingly large as was the balcony. We would have preferred a better privacy screen between the balconies and a full set of chairs with a table. There were only 2 plastic chairs. The pool was great but the bar could have a larger menu but overall it was fine and substantially less $ than the holiday inn wherever usually stay. The epic bar should be open for lunch too .

• Stayed August 2013
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I am happy to hear that the majority of your stay was pleasant. We are currently researching different ways to better the privacy between our balconies. It is difficult to make them 100% private and still have a breeze that our guests can enjoy, but we know this is a growing concern so we hope to have a solution in the near future. On your next trip to the Grand Hotel & Spa please let the Front Desk staff know that you would like additional balcony chairs and it will not be an issue at all to accommodate you. We look forward to your next visit.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I did not stay at they hotel but I recently had my second massage with Karen at the spa and again it was the best ever! Karen knows how to apply just the right pressure where needed and leaves me feeling healed, refreshed and rejuvenated...once I awake from the hypnotic state of relaxation! I exercise often and I look forward to her massages to work out the muscle tightness and stress and rejuvenate me. I wish I could go more often so I can't wait for my next one! Thank you Karen!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
What a wonderful review! Not only are we fortunate to have great staff members like Karen but we are also fortunate to have guests that are willing to spread the word about their great experience. We thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.