“Next time I'd choose another hotel”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The four elevators are slow and inadequate for the number of rooms and conference traffic. The only saving grace being that it was the off season and the hotel was half empty otherwise moving between ballroom / hotel room / vendor display in lobby would have been impossible.

Aside from the elevators the most annoying thing about the hotel was the near constant hotel maintenance traffic through the lobby and conference vendor area.

Given the maintenance traffic and with the start of the season only a month away I would have expected the hotel to be in better shape. Carpeting was worn and door and jams needed to be painted. May seem minor but impressions are important

The conference food was below average at best even for conference food. Nothing worth talking about except the cookies at the afternoon break were warm and very nice

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank GV27OCMD
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all comments, both positive and negative, as it is the only way to assure we continue to grow and develop as a property. I'm saddened to hear your stay could have been more enjoyable. Our elevators are properly functioning, however it is possible they run slower when the entire capacity of the hotel is attempting to board at the same time due to conference schedules. Our busiest season has not yet begun, so the hotel is still working on getting the hotel ready for the summer. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the food to our Food and Beverage Department. Once again, thank you for your comments, and we hope you will choose to visit us again the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This review is more about superior and friendly service than the property's amenities. Michelle welcomed me warmly at check-in and also helped a group of lobby-based trade show vendors stay organized and stay warm. Late March snow with high winds made for some interesting lobby experiences every time the doors opened. The hotel was still operating at "low season" staffing so getting things done often meant that hotel staff wore multiple hats much of the time. Michelle was a great example of poise, professionalism, and hospitality during my stay at The Grand Hotel & Spa.

Room Tip: Rooms four stories up or more offer the best ocean views. Rooms near the staircase are preferable b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. Customer satisfaction is the foundation of any hospitality company and a practice we take very seriously at our property. All of our Guest Services staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. Again, our sincere thanks for your generous response to your stay, and we hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The room was amazing! We opened the door and we were staring at the ocean. Absolutely gorgeous view. Ordered room service the next morning and our attendant was extremely professional and courteous. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was a bit noisy with the ballroom above up but it was tolerable-loved the kitchenette
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for choosing The Grand Hotel for your recent trip to Ocean City and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. It was very rewarding to learn that you have indeed enjoyed your stay with us. It was also great to hear you enjoyed our beautiful ocean views as much as we do. Thanks again, and we hope that on your next trip to Ocean City we will once again have the pleasure of having you stay with us.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had a 90 minute massage with Karen. It was the best massage I ever had! She was fantastic!!! We were there during the snow and at first I had scheduled a 60 minute massage, but because of the weather, I asked for a 90 minute massage and Karen was able to accommodate me. Will only go to Karen when in OC!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review of spa at the hotel. It is one of our most prized services we offer at the hotel. Its always great to hear kind words about our staff. We hope you always remember us at The Grand Hotel and Spa, and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Purchased online. Paid for room. Drove 3 hours to get there. I was not at all
Impressed with exterior of building nor was I the least bit impressed with employees smoking out front as I entered. Young lady at front desk was not in my top 50 list of friendly people. Checked in. Viewed hotel and room and left. I threw money away because I did not sleep in what appeared and felt like a non-disinfected room. Website is not true replication of what I saw. Would not recommend and would never ever stay there...not even for free.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alecia l
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I am totally dumbfounded and astonished with this review. Firstly, all our photos were taken this year and are up-to-date. We also do not allow the hotel employees to smoke in front of the hotel. I checked with all our managers and we had no customer complaints that would reflect such a malicious and negative review. One can only assume after looking at our previous dozen or so reviews that this person must have the wrong hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Hotel In Oc Md many of times I have a group of people that have gone for the past 7 years and each year the hotel staff have always been very helpful in Keeping our stay a pleasant stay sign us up for next year we are coming back Thank You La Fabian Marshall for staying on top of things you treated the group like we were Kings & Queens you are surly a true Professional in what you do Thank You Dan Hasselberger

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan h
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

What a wonderful review! It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. Not only are we fortunate to have great staff members like La Fabian but we are also fortunate to have guests that are willing to spread the word about their great stays. Again were so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us each year, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My girls and I go away for our "Girls Weekend Away" every year and we always stay at the Grand Hotel & Spa. The rooms are clean and the staff are very nice. It's right on the boardwalk and has several shops on the first floor in case you forgot to bring anything. I would highly recommend you stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 room suite and loved it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you found our staff friendly and helpful and our rooms clean. It is our top priority to give you the best experience, and we are so glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again next year!