“Definitely a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Definitely a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

great place to stay, clean and very professional, great views and everything in an awesome location in Ocean City

special thanks to the person that was in charge of cleaning our room! Darko you are GREAT!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GhettoDc
Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy you were able to experience the amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean that the Grand Hotel & Spa was able to offer! I'll also be sure to tell the Executive Housekeeper about your positive experience with Darko. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Mohrsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed again at the Grand Hotel during our annual trip for the air show. Room very clean. Maid service excellent. They worked with our odd schedule. Front desk very helpful. In storing a bike. Great location! See you next year.

Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to write a review of us on Tripadvisor. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff, we strive to meet or exceed the needs of each individual guest, and I am thrilled we were able to accommodate you. It's through feedback such as yours that we see where we are excelling and where we need improving. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Words cannot express how pleased I was with this hotel. I am one of these people who are very picky about where they stay/sleep etc. and this place exceeds my expectations. We had actually booked a hotel with the Paradise Plaza Inn, and what a disaster that was, it isn't worth what you pay for. We ended up at The Grand with no reservations at 11Pm Sunday night. Upon arrival the employees, TY and Vlad, made us feel welcomed and helped set us up with an amazing room for a reasonable price. Our room, on the 12th floor, was outstanding. Loved the fact of being right on the boardwalk and being able to just walk out to the beach. Also enjoyed the Java Coffee shop being open all night for my late night munchies. Both indoor and outdoor pools were nice and clean. All floors must have a nice view because we had some family come in for a visit and their view on the 4th floor was nice. We locked ourselves out of the hotel once and Sam was very nice about helping us get a new key. We just loved every bit of our stay, we hated leaving. But we will be back before the summer is over with!

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean. Staff is very friendly and they like to make an impression. Room service is aw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
I remember the night you came to us! I am so happy we had a room for you on that busy night, and were even able to give you an upgrade. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us, we appreciate that you took the time to recommend our property on Tripadvisor. All of our Guest Services staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. It was also pleasing to hear that you were able to take advantage of many of the hotel’s amenities and our fantastic location. Once again, thank you very much – the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a great time at the Grand... always do. I love sitting on the balcony and listening to the ocean! Everyone is friendly and helpful! The beds a super comfortable, you will get a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: I love a direct ocean view but all rooms seem to be a great spot!
1 Thank kt8881
Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have guests such as yourself that enjoy what the Grand Hotel & Spa has to offer, and take their valuable time to spread the word about us on Tripadvisor. Again, I thank you.
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beautiful view from balcony. Didn't like the fact that your balcony is not private but lovely nonetheless. Room was well appointed (some peeling wall paper) and functional. The housekeeping staff were attentive and unobtrusive. Coffee shop in lobby was very convenient (would of liked some more choices besides plain creamer/sugar to add to it). We were on 10th floor and were not disturbed by noise from the boardwalk below. Have already booked our next visit later this month and again in August! Didn't try the pool or the bar out there so I'm pretty sure I'll hit them both next week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeaniegirl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had read a few reviews about the Grand before booking where customers had complained about the hotel being a little dated. I did not find this to be the case. We checked in and without asking, were upgraded from a partial view to an ocean view room on the 11th floor. It was one of the recently renovated rooms and I was quite impressed. The room smelled great and was very clean. Our view of the beach was incredible. We were able to see a family of Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins (It was funny to see people run away when they thought they were sharks) swimming close to the beach every morning from the balcony.

The 6th floor restaurant has a great, reasonably priced breakfast with polite staff. I also love that there is a coffee shop downstairs that's open 24 hours and serves Krispy Kreme donuts.

My only gripe is that there is ZERO privacy on the balcony. Each balcony is separated only by a floor to ceiling railing which means that you can see three neighboring guests on each side. The railing was possibly wide enough for my skinny nephew to slip through which wasn't very comforting. Each morning, instead of being able to have a pre-shower cup of coffee while watching the ocean, I had to actually bother to comb my hair and look presentable for fear that one of the neighbors would be outside. And they always were.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room
1 Thank Kelly301
Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
I want to personally thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am happy to hear that you were able to spot some dolphins, it's always a fascinating sight. Also, I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast at our 6th floor Terrace Restaurant, it's so nice to view the bay from such a vantage point. I apologize for you having an issue with the balcony, though. Fortunately, such a design is able to afford every single room an ocean view. Again, thank you for taking your time to review the Grand Hotel & Spa, and we hope to see you in the future.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed at The Grand quite a few times but my mother never has so I splurged for our little mother/daughter getaway. She was quite impressed with the location, the amenities, the convenience and the hospitality. I was especially impressed with the great customer service I got when 3 hours into our stay, my flip-flop ( a nice pair,not junky ones) broke and I went to the front desk looking for help in the form of glue. While they did not have any glue, Hakeem was kind enough to attempt to sew my shoe back together and when that only semi did the trick, Matt from maintenance brought me 2 different rolls of duct tape to try and help. Both gentleman were kind enough to ask me the next day if my shoe was holding up (it was!) I was quite happy with their help and look forward to seeing them both again when my husband and I return to The Grand Hotel for Delmarva Bike Week, as we do every year!

1 Thank newlywedMD
Ty T, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to write such a great review. I'll be sure to let Hakeem and Matt know you mentioned them! I am so happy they were able to provide you with great, personalized customer service. We are always striving to provide those extra services, and going the extra mile to take care of your every need (even if it does include sewing flip-flops back together!). It's through reviews such as yours that we can monitor how we are doing, and also how we can improve. So, for that I thank you. We hope to see you again soon.