Grand Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Eden Roc Motel(Ocean City)
Empress Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Ocean Mecca Motel(Ocean City)
Sahara Motel(Ocean City)
  • Pool
The Islander Motel(Ocean City)
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)
Cabana Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Kings Arms Motel(Ocean City)
3,853 results
All reviewshour coffee shopepic barpizza shoppizza placeoff seasonparking garageocean viewoutdoor poolplenty of parkingboard walkfamily vacationbeds were comfortablefloorbalconyboardwalkhousekeepingjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I loved your hotel! We still talk about it. We have reccomended it to several friends. i have been going to OC for years and haven't stayed in a nicer room. We had an Oceanfront room and it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was not your usual beach hotel room, it was much fancier. We got a really good rate because of it being Thanksgiving week, and for $10 more we were able to upgrade. Location was awesome. Lobby was beautiful, with Christmas music playing and everyone was friendly including the front desk staff and the bartender. Would consider going back this Thanksgiving and staying with you again. Do you offer any packages for Thanksgiving?

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerryandKathy
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Got the room through an Ocean City web site... I have been going to OC for 31 years and I know a lot of horrible hotels in OC. Never heard any reviews of the Grand so I relied on this site for help. We got the room overnight for $127 including tax and I couldn't have been more impressed. The room was clean and that's all I can ask for. Yes, the wall paper is kinda coming up a bit but I don't care about that. I am just happy that it was clean, comfy, not bugs, pretty quiet, etc. I did notice the smell that someone may have smoked in there and it was covered up but it happens. The staff was very helpful and nice. There's a 24 hour cafe which is way over priced but it's convienient if you don't want to drive some place. The balconies are HUGE which was very nice. The outdoor pool was kinda small but not bad. We were able to use the pool after checkout which was very nice. I am very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank arthistorynut
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed at the Grand with my wife and two kids. Our room was extremely large and comfortable compared to most hotels in the area. We were able to thrown down a blow up mattress and still have plenty of room to move around. The ice machine was right outside my door and I never heard a peep late at night. The rooms seem to be very quite and soundproof compared to other hotels I have stayed in. We did not use the pools, but they seemed well maintained to me. The beach outside of the hotel is the best selling point - it's GRAND!!! When compared to staying in other locations in Ocean City, the beach at this location is very large and accommodates large crowds without making you feel like a sardine. The front desk staff was very friendly and helped with any issues and/or questions we had. Yes, I'll be back...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank WestRiverCmore
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

Thank you for the kind words! We're very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2010

Great hotel layout and a great location. Other than that the Hotel is horrible. Our room was musty, the bed was terrible, had wrinkled carpet, ripped wallpaper, stains on the ceiling, broken tile in the bathroom, and a sliding door to the balcony that could only be unlocked and locked with much effort. This was the upgraded room that we were given after refusing to stay in the second floor room that we were given at check-in. It appears that there is no form of maintenance at all in the rooms. There are two pools that are nice other than they are used by anyone (not hotel guests) that wants to use them. The hotel restrooms and exterior showers are also used by anyone and everyone in the area. This would not be a problem if the hotel guests were not impacted by "public" use of all of the amenities that we paid for. There was never a hotel employee around at the pools, restrooms, or showers to check to see who was a guest and who was not. If you want to wait by the outside shower to clean off your feet after being at the beach while a family of 10 showers (soap and shampoo included) this is the place for you.
I took my son to the game room and we could only find two out of the many games available that would actually work.
I would not be so disappointed by the condition of the hotel if I had pulled off of 95 and got a $59.00 room. We paid well over $200.00 per night. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank 44x
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

Please accept our apologies, we are always disappointed when we do not meet a guests expectations. I have reported the items noted to our maintenance department for review. I can assure you that your experiences are the exception to the rule. While it is true that our furnishing are a little dated, they are still in good repair and we have the biggest and cleanest rooms in Ocean City. The rooms also receive thorough preventative maintainance each winter, but unfortunately rooms can take a beating here in OC.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

My daughters and I came to Grand Hotel for a long weekend vacation. I'm not sure what other people experienced that caused them to write bad reviews because we found the hotel to be fantastic. We loved everything about it. The view from our room on the 8th floor of the ocean and bay was fantastic!! The convenience of the hotel to the beach and boardwalk was great! The rooms were clean and very large. It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed! The only issue we had was some loud men in the room nextdoor who decided to stay up all night. They would slam the door as they came in and then when they left, but we heard nothing once they got in the room. We will definitely vacation here again, and I'm hoping to book a trip with my husband for a romantic getaway this fall.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pfranklin
ChrisGrandManager, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2010

We are so glad to hear you had a great time with us. Check out our Romance Package for the off season for you and your husband it is a favorite of returning guests!