“one hell of a great place”

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
florida
“one hell of a great place”
Reviewed 20 August 2006

After reading previous reviews, I admit I was a bit worried. Upon our arrival It appeared to be like any other "beach" hotel, til we went inside and encountered friendly, helpful people. I immediatly new this was going to be fun, and nice. We had an ocean front room on the top floor, wow! what a view! I couldn't get enough. beautiful is all I can say... The room was nice and pretty, very inviting! the bed comfy, cozy and, with pillows as soft as the look. My hats off to you folks there at HJ.. Thank you for a very memorable stay, and I look forward to coming back again next year..

I highly recommend this hotel!!!!!!

• Liked — room/view
  • Disliked — bed
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank breezo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Pennyslvania
Reviewed 18 October 2005

This was mine and my husband's trip to the ocean in 20 years. I booked the hotel on line and was not sure what it would be like. I viewed the pictures on line and was very impressed. My daughter goes to ocean city every year but stay at a different hotel. My granddaughter saw Howard Johnsons, ocean front and she was happy that we was going to stay there. Well we arrived in Ocean City and proceeded to the hotel. We arrived then went to our room. We were both very happy. It was a spacious room for us. We had a nice balcony and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and most of all the beach. The staff was very courteus and helpful to us. We had a wonderful week there. We will most defitnely return to Howard Johnson Ocean Front the next time. It was a fair price and the room was very nice.

• Stayed July 2005
11 Thank PennyslvaniaSlushie
Nesquehoning, Penna
Reviewed 6 October 2005

I had a terrible experience at this hotel. Th room was dirty, service was terrible. We had no tissues, asked housekeeping & she said we'd get them, it took 2 days for a box to arrive. We ran out of toilet paper & had to get our own, not enough towels for 3 guests in the small room they gave us. By the way we requested an ocean front room & didn't get it, then when we asked about it, it was like "we'll get back to you." Guess what?? We never got any answer. I can tell you we will NEVER stay there again.

Linda in Pa.

Stayed September 2005
6 Thank Linda N
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2005

We were very disappointed in our hotel. We traveled with a senior group and requested an room oceanfront. We got a room facing the side street. That wasn't disappointing enough but then the room was small for 3 people and the maid service was really bad. When we got there we had no tissues, not enough towels, our bathroom was dirty, there were pumpkin seeds on the floor (and they were still there when we left 5 days later.) We had to get toilet paper ourselves.

A breakfast buffet was included with our trip. The restaurant was DIRTY. The ceilings had mold on, the vents were filthy with black soot. The food was greasy. We ate cereal and fruit to stay away from the grease.

I really like the beach but I would NEVER stay at this hotel again and I would not recommend it. Lou - Pa.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2005

They changed the rate after months of planning with them. Management offered us the same space we had at triple the price. Unprofessional at best! Do not count on your reservation here. We had a large group staying at the hotel but could not afford to pay triple. Bad.

• Stayed April 2005
Holiday Inn Ocean City
Holiday Inn Ocean City
#29 of 103 in Ocean City
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Ocean City Oceanfront? Share your experiences!