“Food was okay. Waiter too talkative.”
Review of Angelo's Italian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Angelo's Italian Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian
Charlottesville, VA
“Food was okay. Waiter too talkative.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I really have to stop going to Italian restaurants in Ocean City. *Sigh*. I went here with a friend who had been here before and who insisted she had to return. I think she was sorry but she's the polite sort who won't say anything bad about anybody or anything. The food was okay but frankly I'm tired of paying high prices in Ocean City for Italian food. It's mostly pasta, people! Pasta is not expensive. And I could grow the wheat, grind it into flour, make my own pasta, boil it, grow the tomatoes and put my home-made tomato sauce on it in less time and for less money than it takes these Italian restaurants in Ocean City to deliver a meal worthy of Italy. Really. This is not rocket science. The waiter didn't even know the difference between angel hair pasta and linguine and talked our heads off. Friendly but professional--this is good. Friendly and overbearing--not so good. A tip to all the young international students out there--welcome to America and enjoy your stay but I really don't want to be your new best friend. On a more positive note, my salad was really fresh and the house Italian dressing was yummy (although my friend didn't eat any of hers, which she had requested on the side, so I'm assuming she didn't like it).

• Visited September 2013

New Freedom
“Awful from start to finish”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We never, I mean NEVER write reviews but this must be shared. We are still in a daze after the horrible experience we just sat through, and actually paid for. First, there was a 25 minute wait with the majority of the tables open. After a while, we could tell it was due to the lack of staff. There was no music, no candles, nothing dinner/Italian like other than some random statues. Granted it was a late meal (around 8:45pm), we could hear the karaoke bar singing from the place next door. Not only could we hear it, our waiter began to say how in parts of the restaurant you can smell smoke from their kitchen in Angelo's restaurant, pot/cigarette both. Who wants that?! Also, wouldn't you try to drown out that background noise with your own music? Next, the food. Honestly, there are no words as to how bad the food was. The bread was so stale it was actually sticking to the back of my throat and almost made me choke. When we were ordering, the server said they were out of what my husband wanted and almost walked away to get our salads but said he can't without the full order. He didn't even give us a chance to look at the menu to get something else. After feeling rushed, my husband got something quick, just to get the order in (chicken fran). I ordered the red snapper, as it states exactly on the menu. The waiter asked for my order again, not understanding what I had said it seemed, and then asked if that's exactly how it's stated on the menu like he doesn't even know it's a fish! He did tell us during our meal that he used to be a chef in this restaurant prior to serving, which if he doesn't even know what Red Snapper is, there is a major problem there. We ordered water and soda with our meals since with the high cost of the meal itself, we didn't want to spend any more at this point. The meals arrive and literally my husband got a smashed piece of chicken swimming in a sauce that looked like something served to people in an old age home. It was horrible. My fish was tasteless and came with a little bit of broccoli that was a huge portion of stems. How can they call either of these plates a meal? Mine was a little better at least having a salad and ANOTHER veggie but for his, just a small salad and a horrible piece of chicken? We wound up spending about $46. The only way we can not be upset about spending this much for such a horrible experience is to think we have a really funny story out of it. Don't make this same mistake and pay just for a funny story.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Danielle C
Ridgely, Maryland, United States
“Relaxing Atmosphere and Good Food”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My daughter and I went here on the last night of our vacation and I'm so glad we did! There was no wait to be seated.
We were forgotten by our waiter for about 10 minutes after being seated, and he came back and apologized profusely and gave us a free order of garlic bread. Note: The bread was spicy hot! I didn't expect that.
The service from that point on was prompt, and the atmosphere, relaxing. Beautiful décor, and the dress is casual. We got there about 5 pm, so it might have been a little early for the average diner. We didn't get any wine or appetizers but, both of us enjoyed our meal, and with tip, came to under $40.

• Visited August 2013
Philly, PA
“Worse Restaurant EVER”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stopped at Angelo's because we wanted Italian - we didn't check reviews before hand, with smart phones we should have and we have saved ourselves from expereincing the absolute worst restaurant, food and waiter of our lives. The "highlights" of this incredibly bad meal -
I asked if the fettucini could be substitued with another pasta (penne was on the menu) and was told no the dish only comes with that (made you think they already had it pre-made up or it was possibly frozen - definitely not fresh. I settled on an appetizer the shrimp wrapped in bacon - from the looks of it was sitting around for days and the smell made me nausea. My husband, order chicken parm and gave his salad to me because he doesn't eat it. The waiter tried to charge us for an extra salad! Since my meal was virtually non-existent, I survied on the bread, which was just an italian loaf - we asked for more bread - when the waiter told us it would be an additional charge - I told him to forget it, we didn't want any more. So what happens, when the rest of my family was done eating (daughter had ravioli- yes pitiful amount and son chicken parm), the waiter brings out another bread. I told him, we didn't ask for this that we told him not to bring it. He didn't know what to do. When he finally brought our check, he told us he couldn't take the bread off as we had already been charged for it, but he would get a reimbursement after we paid our check. Our reimbursement came in the form of a $1 bill and a $1.50 in change including pennies. Seriously? Worst waiter, he couldn't even understand basic english (I know they hire college students from european countries, but he was horrible), the food was horrible, the atmosphere was horrible and Yes, the wait was ridiculous - my husband swears that they are not even making the food there, but running out somewhere else to get it as taking over an hour for your entree is crazy. Stay far away!!!

• Visited July 2013
“Go to another restaurant!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Silverware, plates & glasses were dirty. Waitstaff was uninformed. Described the shrimp platter as steamed with cocktail sauce, yet it was covered in spice- too spicy for the kids! The shrimp were all dried out and looked disgusting-my mother tasted it and sent them back. The server was also confused on portion size. Told me 10 raviolis came in an adult portion and 3 came in a child's. I ordered the adult portion (which was much more pricey) for my 2 & 4 yr old to share. When it arrived, there were only 5 raviolis:( Meals were served 10 mins apart and one meal was completely forgotten. When I asked the server about my meal, he replied "the kitchen forgot to bring it out". Umm, pretty sure it's not the kitchen's job to run my food out! Save yourself the trouble and go to a different Italian restaurant. This one has awful food and terrible service

• Visited July 2013