“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Ocean High Condominium Association
Reviewed 7 May 2013

When you book trips online sometimes you just never know what you're really going to get. Not with this place! Everything was exactly as it was described and pictured. I took pictures but there really is no need to post them because the ones already posted are accurate. Although I just stayed for a weekend, I would have stayed a couple of days longer if I had the opportunity. From the moment you drive onto the property and walk through the door you feel like you are home. I stayed in the two bedroom unit (#22) and I can't think of one thing that I didn't like about the space. The full sized kitchen came in handy and since it was a little on the cool side the fire place was a huge plus! Yes that's right...an automatic fireplace. The condo was beyond spacious and spotless! Although this unit isn't on the bay side there are so many other things that will make your stay enjoyable. The second floor balcony, Jacuzzi, washer and dryer, dishes, coffee maker, blender, I could go on and on! Oh wait how could I forget the heated pool! The woman at the front desk is a gem, beyond helpful and sincere about wanting to make your stay enjoyable. There is an amusement park right next door which is great if you are travelling with kids.

Know before you go...
The only down side is the late check-in, 6pm...eeek, that may take some working around but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
If you are a beach bum, you might not like not being right on the beach. The good news is there is a bus nearby that'll have you at the beach in no time!
The second floor master bedroom has a ledge that overlooks the living room below which is pretty cool, but if you're travelling with little ones you definitely want to keep them on the lower floors.

The bottom line is if you're thinking about booking here...don't wait another minute!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Natasha B
Ocean High b, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean High Condominium Association, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear guest ,thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Ocean High .I m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to apologize for the late check in due to the occupancy level in the summer.
I have shared your opinion of the check-in-policy with our management team .We would also like to thank you for not giving up on us because of the late check in .
We will be delighted to welcome you back at Ocean High,shall your plans bring you back .
Best regards from Ocean High

Reviewed 4 April 2013

this is a place you want to stay when you are away from home but still want the comfort of home. Nice view of the bay from the spacious living room and the main bedroom. Fully equipped kitchen, whirlpool, and fireplace makes it ideal place to stay. Very accommodating staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SiggyT2013

Dear guest ,thank you very much for your feedback .It s been a pleasure to have you here at Ocean High .We would love to have you back .
Best regards from Ocean High.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed here twice this year, once in early May and again at the end of June, and enjoyed it both times! Both times we stayed in a two bedroom condo with a wonderful view down the canal. The condo was great! I loved having a full kitchen that was stocked with every utensil. The fire place was perfect when we came back the first night we got there (in June) soaking wet from insane rain. The rooms were nice and we loved having two bathrooms plus a washer/dryer. Being able to walk right out onto the dock was awesome. The view down the canal made for amazing sunset pictures every night. The location was great! This is the first time we've stayed bayside and further down from Seacret's (normally we're right around 45/46th street). Calling a taxi every night we went to Seacret's (be sure you tell them exactly where they're supposed to be going, we had problems with some drivers not finding the building) ended up being pretty cheap ($10ish). Having Jolly Roger a short distance was great when we didn't feel like going to the beach.

There are some things that we weren't really thrilled about... The downstairs shower leaked REALLY bad on the tile which made the bathroom really slippery stepping out of the shower. The air worked great if you stayed in the room downstairs, but there either aren't any vents in the loft room or the ventilation is poor. Most nights the two of us who stayed downstairs were so cold we were shaking and our friend who slept in the loft sweat all night. I know there was construction going on all over, but the room downstairs had a lot of open wires outside the wall near the power box.

Overall, we'll definitely be back. My friend has a timeshare there, which makes going to the beach so much easier than trying to find a hotel room. I plan on looking into getting a timeshare because it is some place I'd like to go year after year. The staff was wonderful. Jen was the easiest person we've ever dealt with and she even gave us her cell phone if we needed anything. The staff made our stay great.

Room Tip: Go for canal or bayside, they both have really awesome views!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jennafxr
Ocean High b, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean High Condominium Association, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear guest ,thank you very much for your feedback .Your opinion is greatly appreciated .I m very pleased that you enjoyed staying with us at Ocean High .I would like to let you know, that we have taken steps on improving the overall look of our units and I would definitely share your feedback with my General manager, Jennifer .We would be delighted to book your next vacation at one of our units by the bay area or the canal,whenever your plans will bring you back at Ocean High.

Best regards from Ocean High

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We used our timeshare to stay here. I have used my timeshare for other places in Ocean City such as Coconut Malorie, and Ocean Villas and would stay at one of those two next time instead. We had a 2 bedroom townhouse on the water. The place wasn't extremely clean and it was kinda run down. All of the plugs in the walls were loose, and the door lock on the outside of the property came completely out so we used the upper lock to lock the door. The upstairs bedroom is loft style which is kinda terrible because you can hear every word from anyone or the tv in the family room below. This means everyone has to be on the same sleep schedule.The access downstairs to the pier is really nice and we had ample parking out front. The cleaning fee is 90 dollars a week which takes the value of a trade in down even more. When its humid the whole place gets very muggy, the floors in the kitchen get wet and the furniture even feels musty. That's with the thermostat set to 68 or 69. The woman at the front desk is really really nice and helpful. Check in is really late though! Not till 6pm which is pretty crazy! You basically lose a entire day! Overall this is a good location but needs some work and a more reasonable check in time.

Room Tip: Remember that check in isn't till 6pm!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dyad6336

Dear guest ,thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us .I m very happy that you enjoyed you vacation here at Ocean High and I would like to apologize for the late check in due to the occupancy level in the summer.
I have shared your opinion of the check-in-policy with our management team and we want to thank you for choosing us .I would also like to let you know that we have"check -in after hours ",we get everything ready for you in a box that is located outside our office(key,map to your unit,even a list with a restaurants and a welcome letter ).This way you do not have to rush to check-in :)

Please,if your future plans brings you back to Ocean City ,we would be delighted to have you here with us again.
Kind regards from Ocean High

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was a nice place, with a couple of flaws. It was spotless and spacious. A wonderful feature was the gas fireplace, which, at this time in early April, we flipped on almost every night.

A downside was the second bedroom in the basement, which creeped out our 14 year old a bit. The main bedroom, a nice size, was in a loft above the living areas so she was quite far from us at night. And her bedroom lacked a TV. Also, the bathrooms are tiny. We had to remove the toilet paper from the roll and still had to sit almost sideways on the toilet seat. The downstairs toilet/shower area was a bit bigger. The sink areas, however, are spacious. The kitchen was wonderful and very functional - and well stocked.

Since we were there over the Easter weekend, the reception office was pretty much closed, except for the RCI points rep - Mike - a very helpful person. But Jennifer, the person in charge of reception, had everything laid out wonderfully for us - keys, map to the resort, info on the happenings over Easter weekend, etc. Thanks to her thinking ahead, we had everything we needed - thank you, Jennifer.

Since we are RCI points members, there was no cleaning fee, as this is a RCI points resort. There was no additional charges and no sales pressure. All in all, a wonderful, relaxing mini-vacation!

Room Tip: Jennifer is wonderful! Contact her before you arrive and ask for open water views. Only three bedroo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank mijayati

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Ocean High.
I m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I can assure you, that I have personally discussed the matter you mention with my General manger Jennifer and we have taken steps in improving the units .I will also make Mike and Jennifer aware of your nice comments about them .
Please,if your future plans bring you back to Ocean City ,we would be delighted to have you here with us.
Kind regards from Ocean High