“Musty, moldy and dank ..”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #61 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This review is from our stay in late 2012.
We arrived early, hoping for early check in .. it was unclear whether our room was clean - which was odd, because the place seemed empty... As it was, they did allow us early check in, so for that we were grateful! The staff we encountered were nice.

We ended up in the old building & was it old! Thankfully our plans only included a one night stay - otherwise we'd have protested.. The bathroom, classic 1950's, small! It was one of those motels you wouldn't want to put luminol on any of the surfaces for fear of what you might discover! The plan wasn't to hang out in the room other than to sleep, so again it was tolerable, so we thought. My allergy to mold acted up during our short stay - which cleared soon after we left the next day .. I'm thinking my stuffy head/sinuses protected me from any foreign smells that wafted through the room. My poor husband had to endure it all.

I'd like to say its all been cleaned up by now - but I sort of doubt it ...

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boxertoo

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have been staying at the Flamingo Motel for years and have never been disappointed. The Staff is attentative and friendly. The Flamingo motel has a friendly atmosphere and its location is convenient to everything. Its the perfect vacation location. After parking your car, you will not need it for the rest of your stay. Fun in the sun, things to do, places to go, and total relaxation is all at the Flamingo Motel.

Room Tip: The terrace level rooms I feel are most convenient. Just walk out to the beach. :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fred B
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here April 30th, which was off-season. Reasonably clean, price is certainly good outside of peak Summer season. A little ways north of the Boardwalk, but within a couple of blocks and in Summer you can pay $3 and hop the Boardwalk tram to the "action" (nightly fireworks, etc.) down toward the inlet. Several decent eateries in this area too -- including Fractured Prune for breakfast. I stayed further down on the Boardwalk later in 2013 and the room wasn't as nice as the Flamingo! Parking is a bit tight, but at least they have some here. Kitchenette would have been useful if staying for several days.

Room Tip: The section I stayed in had no elevators, so be warned if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oydman
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been staying at the Flamingo Motel for the last 15 years and I have always been a satisfied customer! The rooms and property are always clean and well-maintained and the staff is always super friendly and helpful! I always arrive in the morning-even though check-in isn't until 3 p.m.-and I am always given a parking permit immediately. There is a changing room off of the indoor pool which allows us to change into our bathing suits and hit the beach for the day. The front desk clerk always calls my cell phone to notify me as soon as our room is ready. The motel is within walking distance of Jolly Roger Amusement Park and many stores (deli, convenience store, McDonald's, Burger King, shopping, etc.). I started staying at the Flamingo Motel years ago because the price was right for my limited budget but, even though I can now afford to stay pretty much anywhere I want, I continue to stay at the Flamingo Motel because of the cleanliness, convenience, and the outstanding staff. I'll definitely be staying at the Flamingo Motel again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The only good thing about this motel is the friendly staff and that it was close to the beach and bored walk. Other then that the bathroom was dirty, small and extremely hot with no ventilation. The room its self was ok just sooooo hot. We called about the air twice and was told it was a new air conditioner and there was nothing they could do to fix it. That it was just from being on the second floor and having the sun beating on the building and we weren't the only room complaining about the hot rooms. I will say they did finally give us a fan which did help a little bit, not that it matter since it was our last night. If you are planning on staying more then a night or two I would find a new motel unless you have low standers on cleanliness and don't mind coming back to a hot room after being out in the hot sun all day. So if that doesn't bother you then this is the top choice but if you wanna have a nice time and enjoy your vacation go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica H
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed here many times over the past 20 years or so. Don't expect the Ritz. Do expect an affordable, very clean place to stay with a short walk to the beach. In the heart of OC, close to Jolly Roger amusement park, many restaurants and only a couple of blocks to the boardwalk. The staff is always friendly & helpful. My favorite think is that if you arrive before check-in, they will issue your parking pass and allow use of changing room & swimming pools. Then they give you a courtesy call if your room is ready early! :)

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in Tower I, where the outdoor pool is. Tower II has the indoor pool and most of th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KayJayGee325
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at the Flamingo Motel for the 4th of July weekend. We arrived July 3rd at 9am and checked out July 7th. I was worried because check in is at 3pm, so I asked if I could pay to have an early check in and the very nice girl up front checked to see if the room was available and it was not. She gave us the parking permits and said go and enjoy the pool ( showed us the bathrooms); took my cell# and said she would call us as soon as the room was ready. Sure enough at around noon she called us and we checked in.
This is not a Hilton or a Sheraton.. With that said, DO not expect that kind of quality, but this is a very clean hotel. It is stock in the 70's except for the flat screen TV!!!. Bathroom is out dated, appliances outdated, decorations.. everything is outdated but CLEAN and all the staff is nice and friendly. I did bring my own sheets and pillows becauase I did not know what to expect and I also had a gigantic Lysol. We travel to OC, MD every year for the 4th of July weekend and this year we were looking for savings and I can't complaint. I realized we are not in the room, most of the day. We are there in the afternoon take a shower go out then back at night take a shower and go to bed so why keep spending all my money. We had no issues with noise or smokers or parking and we were 1 block away from the amusement park ( I have 3 kids) so that worked great! 2 block away from board walk!!
Overall, I liked it and will be coming back. Is very close to the beach and it has two great clean pools and awesome staff!! By the Way Air Conditioners were Great!!

Room Tip: I had an efficiency which is the Oldest building and it was very quiet and family friendly. 1 block...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family