“Not that good in Ocean City”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #58 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Saint Albans NY
“Not that good in Ocean City”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Hotel itself is old and rundown a friend of mine warned me before I went but it was to late to change. The toilet seat was very old and shower head looked broken, but the water did come out warm. The beds were lumpy like very heavy people had been using them. I felt like things were crawling over me when I laid down on the bed. The one bright spot about this motel is the staff they were very helpful and did the best they could for what they are working with.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darren W
theflamingomotel, General Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I am glad to hear that you were happy with our staff's service, but I apologize that you were dissatisfied with the condition of your guest room. You stayed in one of our older buildings but it is well maintained building. Your guest room just did get a new kitchen floor, fridge, dresser and bed spreads this past year.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Joel-GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gallatin, Missouri
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Weather was horrible, was able to get room with no problem, very nice to us, however room heater was either on or totally off, needed to be fixed. We needed a downstairs room, however and they were very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Del V
I am glad to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your need for a lower floor and to address your heater problem in a timely fashion.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and keep us in mind with your future reservation plans. Joel-GM
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend over the summer everything was ok at first. Later that night some kids got busted for underage drinking or having drugs on them. We were stitting out on the balcony watching it all. The manager was very rude to us and ended up asking us to leave the hotel. we didnt even stay 1 of the 3 nights there and didnt even refund me my money back for the other 2 nights! I would stay there every summer for the last 6 years. Not no more ill stay at a place with some class and with a nicer staff.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Addison P
theflamingomotel, General Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
We are a family oriented hotel with a zero tolerance policy for excessive noise. Joel-GM

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This place is the best place to stay for winefest!.. Love the choice of indoor/outdoor pool. Have been in both during September. My cousin and I have made this a tradition for the past 6 yrs. We love winefest and Flamingo is where we ALWAYS stay. Great rooms, Tower II, Ocean view; great staff, friendly to greet us every morning and have a brief chat.. they ask us how we are and talk about the kind of day it has been or going to be. Never stay anywhere else during winefest.; Highly recommend this motel/hotel. It is 5 star in my opinion, great rates, great views, close t beach and easily accessible to bus stop..which is a plus if you're going to winefest to drink and enjoy, you don't have to drive. Will be coming back 2014!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank stephen e e
Looking forward to having you back at Winefest again this year.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance! Joel-GM
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We decided to stay here last minute in October 2013. The price we paid was great, but you do get what you pay for. It was nice for 3 days, but I do not think I could stay here for a week. The pool was great but you have to walk outside to get to the pool because the hotel is split up into 3 buildings. The building with the pool had a very odd smell that needs to be taken care of. The bathrooms are run down and outdated. They should be remodeled. The location of this place is great! It's right by the ocean and close to a lot of attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 28Traveler7777
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was concerned when we first got here. We had a room in the "motel building" and it was really gross smelling. I called the front desk and within minutes they upgraded our room to one in one of the towers. It had a "kitchenette", but I'd use that term loosely. It had a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (but no coffee). It had dishes, and they provided a dish towel and a small bottle of dish detergent. There was no stove or oven, which was fine with us. The service staff did a nice job keeping the room clean. It was right near the beach and a short walk to the end of the boardwalk. It is a bit of a hike to where most of the fun stuff, so you may want to drive and park (or ride the bus) closer to the inlet. The TV was a nice flat screen and my kids enjoyed the cable. They have a nice indoor pool, and my kids really liked it. My only complaint about that had nothing to do with the hotel itself. Several kids were unsupervised there, and one was really bothering my kids. There are several signs posted requesting that children under 15 have adult supervision, but I can't blame the hotel if the other guests ignore it. There is an outdoor pool as well, but we never used it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Value was great. Location was awesome. Problem in 1st room. They immediately upgraded us. We were very comfortable and satisfied. Friends stayed in higher priced hotels and were not given the same amenities we enjoyed. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013