“Older hotel with a friendly feeling”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #61 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This motel would get 3 stars since it is older and a bit dated, but the staff is so friendly and accomodating that I had to give it 4 stars. The motel itself is divided into 3 building all of which have some ocean views. We stayed (myself and tow kids) in Tower 2 and had a large room with a side ocean view. The rooms are dated and minimally furnished, but it was clean and everything functioned as it should have. The air conditioning worked fine, the bathroom was small and had older finishes, but was in decent condition. There were only a couple of bars of soap provided (no shampoo, etc), so I recommend bringing your own toiletries. The property has 2 pools, one indoor and one outdoor which are both about average sizes for hotels. The location of the motel is very convenient to the boardwalk which begins only 2 blocks south and to Jolly Roger amusement rides which is across the street, and of course to the beach which is across the parking lot. The thing that stands out the most at this motel is the friendly, helpful staff. Unlike most hotels, the hotel will let you stay parked in their lot until 5 pm on the day of check-out which makes a big defference if you want to stay for a day at the beach. In addition, they let you use the pool facilties for the whole day after check-out as well. They even have a chnging room with a shower and bathroom to clean up before you hit the road. Just ask the desk for the key. These kind of extra touches along with the family feeling atmosphere and reasonable prices make me recommend the Flamingo Motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Nicole L

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The location was great and the rooms were clean. Could use some updating but you can't beat the location for the price. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and a view of the ocean from tower I where we stayed. Will go there again!'

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank KristaReed
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Hotel itself is old and rundown a friend of mine warned me before I went but it was to late to change. The toilet seat was very old and shower head looked broken, but the water did come out warm. The beds were lumpy like very heavy people had been using them. I felt like things were crawling over me when I laid down on the bed. The one bright spot about this motel is the staff they were very helpful and did the best they could for what they are working with.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darren W
theflamingomotel, General Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

I am glad to hear that you were happy with our staff's service, but I apologize that you were dissatisfied with the condition of your guest room. You stayed in one of our older buildings but it is well maintained building. Your guest room just did get a new kitchen floor, fridge, dresser and bed spreads this past year.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Joel-GM

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Weather was horrible, was able to get room with no problem, very nice to us, however room heater was either on or totally off, needed to be fixed. We needed a downstairs room, however and they were very accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Del V

I am glad to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your need for a lower floor and to address your heater problem in a timely fashion.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and keep us in mind with your future reservation plans. Joel-GM

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend over the summer everything was ok at first. Later that night some kids got busted for underage drinking or having drugs on them. We were stitting out on the balcony watching it all. The manager was very rude to us and ended up asking us to leave the hotel. we didnt even stay 1 of the 3 nights there and didnt even refund me my money back for the other 2 nights! I would stay there every summer for the last 6 years. Not no more ill stay at a place with some class and with a nicer staff.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Addison P
theflamingomotel, General Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are a family oriented hotel with a zero tolerance policy for excessive noise. Joel-GM

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This place is the best place to stay for winefest!.. Love the choice of indoor/outdoor pool. Have been in both during September. My cousin and I have made this a tradition for the past 6 yrs. We love winefest and Flamingo is where we ALWAYS stay. Great rooms, Tower II, Ocean view; great staff, friendly to greet us every morning and have a brief chat.. they ask us how we are and talk about the kind of day it has been or going to be. Never stay anywhere else during winefest.; Highly recommend this motel/hotel. It is 5 star in my opinion, great rates, great views, close t beach and easily accessible to bus stop..which is a plus if you're going to winefest to drink and enjoy, you don't have to drive. Will be coming back 2014!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank stephen e e

Looking forward to having you back at Winefest again this year.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance! Joel-GM

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We decided to stay here last minute in October 2013. The price we paid was great, but you do get what you pay for. It was nice for 3 days, but I do not think I could stay here for a week. The pool was great but you have to walk outside to get to the pool because the hotel is split up into 3 buildings. The building with the pool had a very odd smell that needs to be taken care of. The bathrooms are run down and outdated. They should be remodeled. The location of this place is great! It's right by the ocean and close to a lot of attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple