“Location”

Ranked #58 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Pennsylvania
“Location”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been visiting OCM just about every summer for the last 30 years. While I usually stay in owner-owned condos for a week, I couldn't make a whole week this year. So I decided to look for a hotel. I knew I was in for a hard time because hotels are so expensive in OCM. But I found the Flamingo for a good price. I stayed in the old section. I have to say, the room for being old was very clean and the staff was wonderful. Even providing a shower with towels and changing room well after checkout. With only about 3 blocks from the boardwalk the location was great. The beach was not too crowded.
I would definitely stay again if visiting OC for less then a week.

3 Thank NortheastPA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hampton Bays, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was looking for a cheaper motel close to the boardwalk and attractions. Motel has a perfect location, however rooms were dated and had some weird smell, but they were clean. I think for that price I would expect a little better quality, motel definitely need some renovations. There is a parking for guests, which was very convenient, since street parking is an issue during the summer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roksolana S
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Right or wrong, I tend to be a bit less critical with beach hotels/motels because they tend to take a beating from beach chairs, humidity, kids, sand, etc. However, there's no reason to accept a lower standard of cleanliness. First, the hotel & room itself. The location is excellent and access to the beach within 50 yards. The layout of the room was fine - small kitchenette including a microwave, sink, and midsize fridge. (And a decent sized balcony.) They all worked fine except the fridge, which was missing the thermostat knob. Using a fork worked but should I have to? No. The shower head looked like it was installed in 1973. Small, low flow and whistled constantly - probably due to blockage of the nozzle. Mildew was quite evident in it. Unfortunately, it was also quite evident in the toilet bowl rim which is unforgivable. House keeping issues need to be addressed by management. A small amount of attention could elevate this motel significantly. A modern $40 shower head, some 'real' house cleaning and a cosmetic touch up here & there should do it. Would I stay here again? Probably. But I'd like to see some improvements.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank robmac57
theflamingomotel, Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I apologize if the housekeeper missed some details in your room. I will certainly follow up on this, we usually get rave reviews about our housekeeping.

We did intentionally pre-set the fridges and remove the control knobs.. We have had problems with guests turning the temperature to the coldest setting and getting excess frost in the freezer allowing no space for freezer items.

I hope this helps address your concerns and we hope to see you back at the Flamingo again soon.

Joel-GM
Palmyra
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this motel 3 years ago and had a great experience. This time, not so much. We walked in our room and there was sticky hand prints on the cabinets and walls, a sticky kitchen floor, and other peoples hair all over the bathroom (in the tub, in the towels) and on our pillows. After spending even more money on cleaning products, we spend the first hour of our vacation doing the job that someone failed to complete by cleaning our kitchen, bathroom, and floors. We couldn't walk around barefoot (especially right after showering, since our feet were wet and would pick up more dirt) because our feet would turn black from the dirty floors. Our fill in housekeeper was great, she got us things we didn't even ask for, considering our regular housekeeper wouldn't get us anything unless we asked for it specifically. The front desk staff was also helpful and accommodating in getting things that we needed for us. I'm not sure if it was because the 3 story motel is older and therefore is cared for less than the towers, but if I stay here again, I definitely won't be picking anything other than the towers, and even then, one has to question if it's worth having to spend a vacation cleaning your room...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Adoug238
theflamingomotel, Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I apologize that you were disappointed in your last stay.

We do have a very good housekeeping staff and our carpets are professionally cleaned before the start of every season and throughout the summer as needed.

Joel-GM

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

rockville, md
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel mid-week for a short vacation. The hotel was very competitively priced, and we were very happy with the view from our ocean side view room. Nice indoor and outdoor pool. The bathrooms in the hotel are dated, but the room was very clean. The staff were also very cheerful, friendly, and accommodating. I was staying with my father, who has a hard time walking due to asthma and they graciously offered us a close parking space, without me having to ask.

I usually stay at Flagship, but will be staying at this hotel again instead, because it is much more reasonably priced and cleaner. If you don’t want to shell out $300 a night, but want a decent ocean block room, this is your best bet. It is just 1-2 blocks up from the end of the boardwalk. AC is extra cold and Wifi works well.

Room Tip: Side ocean view in lobby building was very good, looks like it is just as good in other building, bu...
Vineland, NJ
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my first trip to Ocean City and I was impressed with the town in general. The Hotel was a good value for the location, and the room (375) was very clean, and my housekeeper was friendly and efficient. The air conditioner and TV both worked well, and the room was comfortable. I didn't care for the old fashioned blankets though. I would stay there again if I ever return to OC.

2 Thank gingerbread5
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My Husband and I stayed at the Flamingo Motel August of 2013. We paid for a Ocean View room and we were on the second floor. I would have rathered something a bit higher for a better view but we could still see the sun rise over the ocean.
The rooms were very clean for how old they are. Great water pressure and hot water. I think that is so important when you go down to the beach. Beds were ok, we would rather the option of 1 king bed instead of 2 double beds. The staff is so nice, and the Maids are usually done by 12:00. The outside pool is very clean, unlike most hotel's in the area. The parking lot get's very full, but the staff is always willing to help you get a spot even if it is right outside of the check in area. The beach is litterally a parking lot away. That is the best feature of the Motel.

It was a great stay last year, we are going there again in 3 weeks. They will have our business for years to come!!

Room Tip: Pick an Ocean View Room, Request for one higher than the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple