Like the title of this missive states, 2014 will mark our tenth anniversary at the wonderful Castle in the Sand in Ocean City, MD.
There are tons of rave reviews here to see on Trip Advisor; there is little I can add that has not already heaped great amounts of praise on this facility, its staff and management there.
The property is clean. Very clean. Employees are seen sweeping the sidewalks every morning. The pool area is spotless. I do believe that Castle is the Sand boasts the largest pool in OCMD.
The beach is pristine...cleaned by machinery every evening. Rental beach chairs and large umbrellas are reasonably priced; the Castle employee there places the umbrella for you! A very nice touch. Waitresses can be seen delivering snacks and cool drinks all day long.
The Coconuts bar and restaurant is a must stop. The staff is excellent, a great happy hour and wonderful food can be had there. Again, the area is spotless. it is refreshing to see such a clean outdoor area (compared to a few other facilities in the area)....
When it comes to the room accommodations, we could not ask for anything more. The rooms are perfectly clean, well maintained and up to date. No nasty surprises like lack of hot water, or incessantly dripping faucets. The carpets are well vacuumed (given the amount of sand they endure); the beds are comfortable and firm....we could not be more pleased.
Finally, when it comes to the office management and staff, this is a group of the most friendly and customer-satisfaction oriented people we have ever interacted with. All smiles, very helpful, no problems, no worries, nothing is left wanting attention.
All in all, if you are looking for a GREAT place to stay in OCMD, the simply wonderful CASTLE In The SAND cannot be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md