This was my first time staying in Ocean City, Maryland. I stayed at this hotel for 5 days, 4 nights. When I arrived, my room was ready, which was around noon. That was great The front desk management was very nice. Waiting for the only elevator to take our luggage up to our room was a bit long. When we arrived at our room (in the North side, oceanfront), I was a bit disappointed. This hotel is very old, needs some maintenance. My first impression when I walked into our room was, what a very tiny bathroom. And very outdated. The toilet seat had 2 black marks (scratches) on it and was very annoying because I always thought something was there. Actual room was acceptable but very pricey. I have stayed at the Jersey shore for years, and never spent as much on a room, even for a weekend in mid July.
Coconuts is the Bar/Grille on property and was nice. Did not eat at the buffet, it is in the basement of the hotel and not alluring. Pool was nice as well. Overall, was a nice place but a bit pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md