I saw a special for this hotel and cross referenced it with tripadvisor. It was rated number 6 when i booked this hotel out of 82 and at the time of this writing, it is now number 5 out of 82 hotels in Ocean City. If this is one of the best hotels Ocean City has, then the city has some pretty terrible hotels.
The non smoking room we got was stinky. Of what? Hard to describe, but definitely a smell. The front desk personnel are completely rude, probably cause they can be - the area is packed in the summer and it seems most people stay in what's available rather than a hotel of their choosing. The outside of the hotel looked dated which was fine upon arrival because most everything in Ocean City looks dated (except the Hilton which is huge and looks brand new).
The restaurant in the hotel had a terrible band which sang covers of rock songs. Okay, at a beach front hotel, play beachy songs, not bad 70s/80s rock songs. The waitress rushed us everytime she came by the table - when ordering, when asking if our food was okay, when giving us the bill.
The room was big, but stank. We did not even peel back the covers, we slept on top of them. The toilet flooded because we learned you have to hold down the handle for a long time till everything goes down. The faucets were all loose and we were never able to get a good temperature to take a shower. Also there was absolutely no pressure from the shower. 2 trips to the room by the maintenance guy.
The good things about this hotel was that they had a pool, diving board, and it is a beachfront hotel. Plus they had great frozen adult drinks. They do not provide beach towels and the room towels for showering are all small.
Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md