“Wouldn't stay here again”
Review of Cayman Suites

Cayman Suites
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I found the hotel disappointing. Our room was on the 4th floor and we had a slight view of the bay over the buildings across the street and the ocean on the opposite side. The balcony is on the side of Coastal Highway so we could hear traffic from inside the room. When I booked the room, I didn't realize the balcony was on the road and not on the side facing the ocean. The room itself was in need of updating and renovating: wallpaper was peeling, the bathroom showed its age, and the mattress on the sleeper sofa was terrible. The mattresses on the two double beds weren't very comfortable either. My husband and I did not sleep well the three nights during our stay. There were stains on one of the towels and the A/C unit in the bedroom did not work. The location itself is good; it is a short walk to the beach and a short walk to Northside Park across the highway. Overall, if you're looking for a suite on a budget instead of a single hotel room, then this is a fair option. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank saltwaterluv
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

I am sorry that you are disappointed in your stay with us. I keep trying to reiterate that we are not an oceanfront hotel but on the oceanside of Coastal Highway. While taking the current photo on our website, I asked the photographer to show part of Coastal Highway in front of the hotel so visitors to our site would definitely understand the location. I am puzzled as to how to better convey the location. We are renovating the bathrooms on the 4th floor this fall. However, we just replaced the mattresses and purchased new drapes and spreads this season for that floor so I am not sure why the mattresses did not seem comfortable. Since we are "a short walk to the beach" and "a short walk to Northside Park", please consider visiting us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I decided at the last minute to take a short vacation close to home. I chose this motel because I had stayed here with my family about 11 years ago and liked the size of the suites. The place is basiclly the same with some decoration updates. I brought 2 14 year olds on this trip and we had ample space. We liked that it was close to the beach and had a small kitchenette for our use. I would have liked a better mattress on the sofa bed though. All in all we will probably come back here next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelby9720
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We are happy that you remembered us and decided to return after a number of years. The upgrading and redecorating is constant and we decide on projects while we are closed each winter. Last winter we renovated bathrooms on two floors and this winter we plan to finish the remainder of them. Guests like you keep us motivated. We hope that you do decide to visit with us next year.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel and so did my family. The rooms were roomy and clean! The beach was a short walk away. They loan u beach chairs that you could carry on your back to the beach area of your choice. You also can save money on food, by cooking in your suite. The Market is across the street and dollar tree. A nice game room for rainy days. I wish my stay was longer. GREAT HOTEL. I would stay again for the money I paid!!!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Aisha A

Thank you, thank you for such a wonderful positive review. So often guests only write reviews on Trip Advisor when they think their stay was a disaster. Taking time out of a busy day does require effort so we appreciate your kindness. Please come visit with us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room was clean and stocked with all the pillows, towels, and blankets we could need. Staff was courteous. Great place for us to stay for the weekend with just a short walk to the beach. Very close to some good restaurants and easy to take the bus anywhere we wanted to go in Ocean City.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaylyn C

We are delighted that Cayman Suites was "Just what we needed"! We always try to point out that we are a short walk to the beach, many fine and affordable restaurants, shops, and the City's Northside Recreation Complex. Thank you for including the bus as it is also a great asset.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I got the room on priceline, and Cannot say it was a great deal. The location is satisfactory, and the pool and room Were OK. I would not be excited to go back. Ask for room 407 and not 409; Customer servrvice was OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Most of our suites have a balcony located outside the bedroom (such as 407). However, we have a few king suites without balcony and the bedroom is located away from Coastal Highway. Some guests request these suites. Hopefully, you will return and we will make sure that you get a balcony.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Room 401-402 are great, you get a view of the ocean from the balcony .The trash collection happens way too early and is extremely noisy, south side has to be quieter. Staff was very pleasant except for the male evening service desk staff. Just seems like he didn't want to be bothered and appeared annoyed at simple questions. Housekeeping was courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AnthonyH356

Thanks for your observation that the rooms are clean. Our housekeepers not only have bathrooms to clean but the kitchenettes as well. Most guests are helpful in leaving the kitchenettes, including dishes, pots and pans, almost as clean as they found them. We have our own laundry so linens including extra bath towels, complimentary beach towels and pool towels are part of our routine.
Mary Eastman

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Cayman Suites had the best customer service! The hotel was reasonably cheap. The only downfall is that the hotel is located all the way on 127th street but other than that, it was a very good place to stay at for a good price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy N

Hotel surveys maintain that of all the things guests request, customer service is still the most important. Our goal is to please everyone and we do try! Thanks for the encouragement.
Mary Eastman