“Perfect Vacation”
Review of Cayman Suites

Cayman Suites
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I just got back from probably one of the best vacations ever, mostly due to the accomidations from the Cayman Suites. I booked this kind of last minute and forgot that it was Senior Week. To my surprise there weren't to many high schoolers in the hotel and the hotel was really quiet. Great location and the balcony was really cool to hang out on. The weather was kind of crappy most of the week and the Friday we were supposed to leave was going to be the best day of the week. I asked the gentleman at the front desk if he could possibly work out us staying another night. He was cool enough to let us stay another night which really made the vacation worth it. Great place to stay and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scoops42

Reviewed 17 May 2009

The furniture was dated and the kitchen area is small and had ants. Not a good shower. BUT the room itself was huge. The staff was very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KittyAB
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2009

We appreciate your thoughts on our five year old furniture, but this year decided to replace TV's much older than that with new flat screen LCD's in the living area of the suite. We plan on some replacement furniture in the near future. We have kitchenettes in each of our 57 units and work diligently to keep them clean and free of garbage, crumbs, etc. We also have a monthly contracted service to reinforce our avoidance of ants or insect problems. While looking into your particular visit, I believe on the fourth floor, I find that you had daily service but our attendant did not remove your garbage. That is not acceptable and our housekeeper has been given a warning notice for her inefficiency. We called the contracted service and they made a special visit and with the warning notice given the housekeeper, I am positive the situation will not repeat itself. Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to us. We can only improve if we are properly informed of our shortcomings. Mary Eastman

Reviewed 17 May 2009

Although the location was great (right on the main strip and on the beach), the room was just under our comfort level- dank, humid, dark and with ants all over one of the dressers. There was a nice balcony where you can sit and see the ocean. Not really worth it for the price-- it's okay if you don't really care about the room, but not if you're looking for a very comfortable vacation.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Butterfly123Maryland
Reviewed 19 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night during the state teachers convention. I had tried to book other hotels but they wanted you to stay at lease two nights. This property came up when I went to hotels. com and I checked the reviews on tripadvisor. They were very favorable. I booked it for one night. I did not know it was a suite until I arrived. It was large with a living and dining area and a separate sleep area with two double beds. A friend went along for the ride and we both thought it was great. It was very clean with plenty of towels and an extra sink. The management was great. It was right on Coastal Hwy which is the main strip. There were lots of places to eat and an easy commute to the convention center. I am looking at taking my grandchildren there next summer. If you are looking for a luxury hotel this will not be for you but if you want clean and comfort with space enough to sleep six comfortably then stay here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tch912
Reviewed 6 September 2008

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at the cayman suites hotel. We were very pleased with the room as well as the service. For the past several years, we got away from vacationing in OC and have vacationed int Myrtle Beach South Carolina
We got used to staying at 4 star hotels on the beach for affordable prices.
When booking our vacation, I found that the hotels in OC can be overpriced.
However, I found a great package deal with Cayman. Not only was the price right, but we received a little gift basket including a beach bag, kite, sweet treats and coupons.

I was weary at first when I read some of the reviews. However, we were quite pleased.
Don't let the outside of the hotel fool you. Definately don't judge this book by its cover.

It is your typical beach hotel. Don't expect anything fancy or 4 star. But do expect super clean rooms and an awesome, helpful staff.
The only bad thing that I can say about the hotel is that there is no outdoor pool. The indoor pool is heated and in 90 degree weather was not very refreshing.

I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Murraa10
Reviewed 27 August 2008

To whom it may concern: The stay was decent .No complaints.The room was perfect for 5 persons.The staff was helpful and friendly with the setting up of the room and of the local happenings in the area.(The owner is a local) The room was clean and comfortable.Our family will be staying there again.For those of you looking for the lap of luxury O. C. is not the place.(Go to the Med.)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank surfboat
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Cayman Suites is located just south of the Delaware border in North Ocean City. My family arrived here on August 19, and spent two nights and three days for a end of the season beach getaway. First off if you want quick access to the boardwalk, this is not the place for you. The boardwalk is about a mile away. That being said it’s a mixed blessing. The closer to the boards, the higher the rates. More noise. More traffic. The boardwalk and for that matter all of the main strip of Ocean City is easily accessible by a clean safe bus service that runs all day and well into the night for $2.00 all day access. Definitely the way to go. The beach however is just one block up. The hotel provides two free beach chairs and an umbrella. It was very easy to set up first thing in the morning, come back and forth for bathroom trips or for lunch. The four of us stayed in a king suite which had a separate bedroom for the king and a twin pullout sofa in the living area. A small fridge, microwave and two burner stove top as well as silverware, cookware and dishes are supplied. The hotel also has a small heated indoor pool which we didn’t get a chance to use. The room was neat and clean, but was starting to show some age. Also the walls in the living area are thin. We fortunately had neighbors that were respectful of this fact but I could see where this may become an issue. The one thing that makes this hotel stand out was the staff. From the folks at the front desk to housekeeping, everyone had a friendly hello and were more than willing to help. All in all it was a good value for the price. We were near to the beach and in a nice part of town. No complaints, just a nice place to stay.

The Good -
Price was reasonable
Room was clean and well appointed
Beach just one block away with no streets to cross
Many restaurants, food and beach supply stores within walking distance
Service was above average
Free use of beach chairs and umbrella

The Bad -
Far from boardwalk
Thin walls
Clean room but starting to show some age

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family