“Great Location, Bad Service, Bad Room”
Review of Talbot Inn

Talbot Inn
Ranked #68 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Binghamton, New York
“Great Location, Bad Service, Bad Room”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Been coming to OCM for many years and decided to stay at Talbot Inn because it"s walking distance to beach. This was my worst experience ever. Starting with checking in. Front desk staff was rude, inpatient and charged different rates than quoted on reservation. They not only did this to me but to other patrons who were checking in. Mold smell in rooms, broken air conditions, cracked toilet seats, the worse cheapest towels I ever seen and felt in all my hotel stays and I had to ask housekeeping everyday to give me those crappy towels, clean and vaccum the filthy rugs. When I Addressed my complaints to front desk they were never pleasant. They were defensive and arrogant. They need to shut this place down upgrade replace the nasty carpets, beds, toilets and towels Not worth the view and convenience to beach. Stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tana G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

M R Ducks store, band, restaurant with outside seating. Very nice atmosphere to have drinks and watch the sunset and get pictures. We rented a fishing trip on the Happy Hooker $25.00 each for 2hrs. Fishing for flounder. Had a great time! Free valet parking.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennifersK7196LI
mrducksOc_Md, General Manager at Talbot Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks for your kind review. We are glad you enjoy your stays at the Talbot Inn and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lewistown Pa.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We always stay here when we visit Ocean City M.D. As always we had a great time with no problems. The bayside rooms are the smallest and oldest, but you cant beat the views!! Not to mention the weekend entertainment which you can watch right from your balcony!! If you want afternoon quiet time on the weekends, stay in the street side rooms which are larger and more modern. You do have to haul everything up the steps in either location, but that's fine with us. The kitchen area is not very big in the bayside rooms, but its big enough to get the job done with all the utensils you need. Cant wait to get back!!!!

Room Tip: Family travelers should consider street side rooms especially if you have children as the bayside ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank clangonly
Gettysburg
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is old and dated but the location is great. Last year we had a terrible experience with a desk clerk drinking on the job and a lax attitude about 3 inch dust bunnies and black mold on the AC. This year much better. Room very clean. Desk clerk, Patty, a real asset to the establishment. Glad we gave the place another chance.

Room Tip: Rooms on bayside are great if you don't go to bed early.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Lucky i just found this website. I stayed back here in May for the 2013 car show. I booked my room a few weeks in advance and got a great deal since I chose a room up 3 flights of steps. But I was told the total amount for my 3 nights and sent one nights deposit. I called 2 more times before my stay to check if they got the deposit and to check on the balance. So I have gotten the amount verified THREE times. I had 4 people total for a room that fit 6. I understand it was extra for more than two people but I was reassured that was included. So when I checked in I had to fill out a slip and I put down 4 persons staying in the room. Not untill the day after I get a phone call saying I own another $60 plus tax for my 2 extra guests. When I said I would be down after I showered they were banging on my door in less than an hour withan invoice. I was furious that the people giving me reassurance can't keep anything straight. And its funny to think the people next to us had 5-6 adults and 3 children in their room, they even brought air mattresses!!! I will not be staying here ever again!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank stephanie32891
mrducksOc_Md, General Manager at Talbot Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
-We do NOT provide the total amount for a guest's upcoming stay prior to their arrival. We do inform them of the nightly rate(s) and the applicable state and county tax rates.
-Our published rates are for two persons. Each additional person over two is $10/night per person with no charge for children under 4. Our rates and policies are published online and a rate card with prices and policies was sent to stephanie32891 with her confirmation receipt.
-Upon check in, our desk clerk did under charge stephanie32891 by two persons. This was noticed by our night auditor and a call was made to stephanie32891's room the following day to inform her of this and also asking her to stop by our front desk to reconcile her account. At no time did we send anyone to "bang on her door."
-The maximum occupancy for the type room that stephanie32891 stayed in is 6 persons and we do request our guests to abide by this.
-We are sorry for any misconception that stephanie32891 experienced.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 19 August 2013

When we showed up we were charged more than quoted! They charged us for a 3rd adult which would have been fine, if they would have supplied towels and a chair for the 3rd person. We even went to the office, after asking the maid for more towels and she said ok but never brought them, and the lady at the desk said our maid doesn't speak English and probably had no clue what we said. She said she will make sure we get 3 sets of towels and an extra chair. Guess what we never got!!! We had to go to the front desk each day for towels. The bar had a band scheduled Thursday Friday and Saturday which was nice to sit on the patio and listen. The bands were scheduled till 9 or 10 which was great but the scream and yelling of people from the bar till 2am was rediculous!!!!! Then comes Sunday night. Now where does it tell you the is a party at the bar from 10pm to 2am with a DJ. At mid night I called the front desk to see how long the party went till and the very cocky boy at the front desk said till 2am. I asked him how can they say this is a family establishment and have music that loud right outside your room. His comment was he would say something to the bar manager but they don't really care about our opinion. He hung up on me after that. A few minutes later the music gets louder so I call again. I asked the cocky boy why did the music get louder, he told me I was crazy and hung up again. He calls back 5 mins later and talks to my husband. They offered to put us in another room away from the bar. So here we go at 12:30am changing rooms. Every time I had to deal with an employee over the weekend and I ask to speak with a manager I was told the managers were the owners and they would not be in till Monday after 9:00am. Guess what when we checked out on Monday we were told the owners were both on vacation for the week. Yeah right!!!! Well they don't want to refund anything because they don't care how your stay was!!! They didn't even want to give back the $10 difference in the room from bayside to street room which is where we moved to after midnight. By the way did I mention all the mold all over the shower and shower curtain in our room. I had to go buy my own cleaning supplies to clean our bathroom!!! Again this was the most disgusting and ignorant place we ever stayed. Sooo glad this was our 1 weekend of the year we go away without our children, I would not have wanted to subject them to such a horrible place!!!! Talbot Inn in OCMD is NOT for families. It is ONLY for people who want to party all night, sleep all day and don't mind showering with mold!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank AmyRomanKnapp
mrducksOc_Md, General Manager at Talbot Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
In response to Ms. RomanKnapp's comments:
-Our published rates are for two persons. Each additional person over 2 are $10/night per person with no charge for children under 4. We were not informed that there were three people when she made her reservation. A rate card stating our rates/policies was sent to Ms. RomanKnapp with her confirmation receipt.
-The room rented by Ms. RomanKnapp sleeps 4 persons and housekeeping provides towels for 4 persons daily.
-We do have entertainment at our bar on Thursday through Sundays but the music ends by 10PM. We DO NOT have a DJ on Sunday night from 10PM-2AM.
-Ms. RomanKnapp was given a refund both for the difference in the room rate and for the extra person charge.
-As for the room condition, our housekeeping supervisor checks each room after cleaning to insure quality. There was no indication of mold in Ms. RomanKnapp's room either before or after her stay.
-Here at the Talbot Inn we strive to maintain 100% customer satisfaction. We are sorry to hear about Ms. RomanKnapp's complaints but they were addressed by our staff and management at check out and we had no other concerns/complaints from any of our other guests that entire weekend.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Excellent hotel. Paid extra for superior named room- enjoyed its comfort and spaciousness. Staff very friendly though reception failed to tell us actual number of our room which led to wandering around until we stumbled across it. Nice touch at breakfast was the loose tea with a gorgeous aroma - so much better than a dull green tea bag.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple