“Great Vacation spot”

Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Great Vacation spot”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Let me start off with how great ocean city is. Beautiful beaches...good food...great boardwalk. This was my second time visiting ocean city.After doing hrs of research on most of the hotels in OC, I found this one for a very reasonable price and the reviews were all positive. The room was very clean. I liked the fact that i could cook. The beach was very close to the hotel. The pool was also very nice. I have nothing bad to say about the hotel...the staff was very friendly. Im already looking forward to going back next year and plan to stay in the hotel again.

4 Thank Eve G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Maryland
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We discovered the Spinnaker last year and booked again this year. Clean rooms which are good size and an easy walk to the beach and boardwalk. The staff is super friendly, helpful and right ON any problem you might have. One of the things I REALLY love is that you can check in and park, use their bathroom/changing room, and hit the pool or beach at any time before check in. I will definitely continue to stay here in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank streakerscowgurl
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Love the location of this hotel, it is half a block from the beach/boardwark. The rooms are clean and a decent size. We had an efficiency plus, there were two double beds, a table with 4 chairs, and a kitchen. The bathroom was a little small. The beds are really comfortable. Alice the housekeeper greeted us a with a smile every morning. We enjoyed seeing her every day. The location is close enough to the boardwalk to walk, but far enough away from the busy end to be nice and quiet. The staff is super friendly, we had a problem with our key and maintenance came up right away and fixed it. I would reccommend this motel to anyone visiting Ocean City. We are planning to stay here again next year!

1 Thank Riss246
COLUMBIA, PA
Reviewed 27 August 2012

If your looking for a great place to stay and is well kept and affordable this is the place. Wife and I have been staying here for years you wont find a better value and well maintain property. The office staff are amazing especially Anita she goes above her duties to make sure your stay is enjoyable. So next time your looking for a place give them a try in my opinion you cant go wrong. Cant wait to see the Spinnaker gang in 28 days for Sunfest

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrcook322
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Im writing this review as im stitting on the balcony at the Spinnaker hotel to let all who read this that this hotel is the place for you if cleanliness and refreshingly friendly service is what you're looking for. The room was immaculate and alot larger than your average sized hotel rooms. Everyone from the women working at the front desk to the maids were pleasant and more than eager to be of assistance to us. Im not one to write reviews but feel this hotel is deserving of a positive one.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Jayman1
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My family of four (includes two adult daughters) stayed at the Spinnaker Motel during mid-August 2012. Our vacation there was excellent in every way. Great service from Manager Heather Ward in getting us a reservation on short notice for the only week that we couId go to OC. Heather offered us a nice room at a discount price when other OC hotels in the area were all full with "No Vacancy." Boadwalk and beach is very close. No need to drive anywhere. The bedroom and bath are very clean; includes fridge and microwave, closet safe big enough for my IPAD and laptop! Nice flat screen TV with HD and rooms have WIFI too. Balcony view of both ocean and bay from room 519. Restaurant on-site was perfect for lunch or breakfast. Very friendly staff. We would highly recommend it andwill go back there next year.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer both Bay and Ocean views.
2 Thank Ken_21701
Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I want to start by stating we have been coming to Ocean City for 30 plus years but always stay in a condo rental. We decided to take our granddaughters on a mini vacation for three days and selected this motel based on the reviews. I did see two negative reviews but didn’t give them much merit because the majority was very positive. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a wonderful view of both the ocean and the bay. The balcony is very large and can hold quite a few people comfortably. If someone were smoking on the adjacent balconies I don’t think you would be able to smell it because there are dividers on both sides. We asked for a non-smoking room but none were available however we did not smell any kind of odors and they had even offered to put in a smoke removal machine prior to our arrival but we declined since we knew it had a balcony and we could get fresh air if needed.

The room was spacious (I included a few pictures) and well decorated. It was VERY clean so I really don’t understand the two reviews that went on about how dirty this place was. There was no smell of mildew, mold or any other offending odors. The AC cooled the room very well. The beds were very comfortable; the sheets were incredible soft and four very fluffy pillows per bed. There was a divider you could pull (picture included) so if anyone were sleeping in the sofa area there was privacy for both areas. There was a nice table and chairs, a flat screen TV with plenty of cable channels. The wifi speed was average for any hotel/motel.

The small kitchen was very clean as well as plenty of adequate dishes and pots. The bathroom was a little on the small side but clean with great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The pool area was very nice with a large deck and numerous tables and chairs. The boardwalk and beach was a short block away and we took the train to the pier one night which was fun. The beach area was nice and not too crowded.

A couple negative items: I have to say is the parking was a pain if you had to park after 8:00 PM there was nothing available. We did go ask the front desk and she was kind enough to come outside and find us a makeshift parking space behind the café but we were a bit nervous leaving our Infiniti there because we were afraid someone would back into it the way it was positioned.

The 2nd negative would be the elevator door closed a bit quick and hard for my liking. I made sure my granddaughters were in first because I was afraid it could close on them.

The 3rd would be the café. We had breakfast there the first morning and the service was extremely slow and there were not even that many customers there at the time. The food was just ok; but there are much better breakfast places in OC so I would not eat there again.

I can’t comment on housekeeping because I don’t let them in my rooms at any hotel however I did see them scrubbing the floors in the rooms (so they do clean) and they were very pleasant and always made a point of greeting you.

If I ever need a motel again I would definitely stay here for the money. It’s much more affordable than other comparable motels in the area and very nice.

1 Thank LBiship