“They did it again!”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the 4th time I've reviewed this hotel. (I promise I am not connected to this hotel in anyway.) But something different happened this time that I needed to share. As usual the hotel was clean, the staff (Anita, Patty!) was friendly - they even went out of their way to get our room ready (it was the day after Memorial Day - 90 rooms were being vacated - they cleaned ours right away!). But the absolute icing on the cake - I inadvertently dropped my iPod on the floor of the room and didn't realize it until I arrived home (a 3 hour drive!). We promptly called the Spinnaker and sure enough, the cleaning woman, Jerri, had turned in my little iPod. Thank you Jerri! And thank you Spinnaker, for being so consistent! Your staff can be congratulated for its honesty and hospitality!

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far east as possible - they're closer to the ocean and have a great view.
3  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our first time staying at this property and it will not be our last! Great room on the 5th floor with beautiful views of both the ocean and the bay. Best surprise was the quality of the beds, linens, pillows, and bathroom towels. So often, OC motels have saggy mattresses, with ragged sheets, and flat pillows. The bedding was as good as you get at the Hilton! Everyone was friendly from the staff as well as the other guests. Biggest complaint is lack of counter space in the bathroom. Nice perk was the freebies given for just booking, so we are enjoyed a round of mini golf and a really nice, big bucket of Fisher's popcorn. The pool are was large and inviting but the weather was on the chilly side so we opted to stroll the boardkwalk and go hiking at Assateague Island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to really enjoy the views!
1  Thank FunGaw4
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My family had the best time at this motel. Ms. Anita and Ms. Heather and the entire staff were great. The room was clean, the pool was heated. Very professional and customer focussed. The best place to stay for sure. We will book this motel again. No problems or worries at all!!!!!

1  Thank THOMAS L
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I went to OCMD for a few days before Cruisin' OC. This wasn't our first time nor will it be our last at this hotel. Good location. Far enough from the hustle and bustle, but close enough for a nice walk to all that. Off street parking. As an added bonus, the swimming pool was heated. Friendly, helpful staff. Only problem was a/c wasn't cold at all. Cafe on bottom floor.

Room Tip: All rooms are efficiencies. Not a bad room in the place because all have private balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chevygurl35
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were pleasantly suprised by a great rate and nice stay at the Spinnaker. The Motel staff were extremely friendly and helpful with all our needs. I would recommend to all my family and friends.Not sure what the rates are like in the summertime but was a great value during off season.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I am very impressed with the service, room, space, parking, and last but not least....price! The room is very spacious, the balcony view is gorgeous, and the kitchen area make me feel right at home. I would book again, tell my friends and book Gain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kay B
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We've been to the Spinnaker at least 6 times now for the fall motorcycle rally in Ocean City, and it's one of the best values in town. Large well equipped rooms, spotless housekeeping, and the friendliest most accommodating staff we've ever dealt with in a beach resort like this. We usually stay in the south tower efficiencies, with their full kitchens, large balconies, and partial ocean view. You won't find a better place to stay for the money.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends