“Very clean and awesome staff. Great place to stay in OC”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Very clean and awesome staff. Great place to stay in OC”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We always stay at the spinnaker when on vacation. We have a great time when staying as a family with the kids and grandchildren or as a couple with just my husband an myself. It is always clean and the staff are always so nice and helpful. They go out of there way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It's very close to the beach and lots of other thing in OC. It's my favorite place in OC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First off when arriving to check-in I mentioned the offer for the free breakfast online and showed her on my phone. She stated that I would have to print out that offer. She said that is what I would have to show at the restaurant. I then proceded to have it faxed when I picked it up they handed me a voucher card. What was the point of printing it out when you are going to give me the actual coupon? That was such a hassle to do while on vacation. Rooms were a bit outdated but somewhat clean as in the beds and bathrooms but no attention to windows and corners filled with muck and spider webs.

1 Thank JV1177
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Surprised by our stay at the Spinnaker. We were pleasantly surprised that we did not need to move our vehicle one time after we got there. Everything is very easily accessible with plenty of good restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The beach access is perfect. The only complaint I could think of was the bed size. We are a tall family and the double beds were a bit short and small. Queen sized beds would have been much better. None the less...the rooms were clean and the staff was awesome...we will go again!

Room Tip: Some rooms have been updated and the cost for the upgraded rooms in not that much. I would definite...
1 Thank Dianne B
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me first start by saying our usual go to place was booked for our trip so i picked the Spinnaker based on its reviews....and I am so glad we did!! This is not a 5 star hotel but hey you aren't paying a 5 star price either!! I gave this Motel 5 stars based on its cleanliness, its proximity to the beach and boardwalk, the price, and the friendliness of the staff!! Everything you need is within walking distance and the busline is only 1 block away! From the time I parked my car at check in, i didn't move it again until check out!! Small kitchenette which was perfect for keeping our drinks and food cold, table to eat at, balcony of the beach views.... we didn't spend much time in our room but when we did it served it's purpose!! I do believe we have found our new go to spot!! Pool does get a little crowded but i love that the lounge chairs are on a seperate deck from the actual pool...great if you didn't come with children! I would definately recommend the Spinnaker!!

Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We love the Spinnaker, and it's the only place we stay in OC.

You have great views whether you're in the North building or the South building. If you're room is closer to Coastal Highway, you get amazing beach views as well as sunset views over the bay. If you're room is closer to the beach, of course, you get great beach views. I was a little bummed that we had a room that was smack dab in the middle this time, on the North side, but not for long, because the views were still terrific, and we found out that the two rooms closest to the elevator have a balcony that's twice as big, which was awesome!

The rooms are great, great kitchenettes, clean. Shower pressure and temperature is great. Plenty of cabinet space, a decent sized fridge. The beds are super comfortable and come with four pillows each.

Not super fancy, by any means, but absolutely perfect for our beach needs. Simple, clean, incredibly friendly staff. You can walk to CVS, have breakfast at Malia's, or walk to Layton's on 17th. It's away from all the congestion down at the inlet, but still an easy walk down on the boardwalk if you stay for Sunfest or Springfest like us.

The Spinnaker makes renting a room at the beach a no-brainer. The only place we stay in OC!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank micahdshockney
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a great location on the boardwalk for us. The restaurant, Melina's was excellent...great breakfast and coffee. The staff was nice. The rooms were good. It was nice to have a kitchen with frig and was a great alternative to renting an expensive condo. I think it could have been a little cleaner though. We had a non smoking room, but it clearly smelled of smoke. We would probably stay again, but will bring a tub of Clorox Wipes.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view from my room, ocean view, maybe 100 feet from the beach. I called and asked for more blankets and they were delivered within 5 minutes. Had an issue with the tv, maintenance was here in a few minutes, very friendly! Most definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014