“Good spot for Bike Week”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Rio Grande, New Jersey
“Good spot for Bike Week”
Reviewed 28 November 2010

My wife and I joined up with a group of about 5 couples who have spent several years staying at the Spinnaker for Delmarva Bike week. The hotel is a little worn, but the location is prime, the staff helpful, and the rooms clean and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank jerseymariner
spinn1800, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
Thank you so much for writing your review. I am really glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay.
We have been doing some renovations and updating this winter to the Spinnaker. I hope you
will come and visit us again for Bikeweek 2011 (Sept 15-17).
Heather Ward-Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Maryland
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I just returned from spending Sunfest weekend at the Spinnaker. This hotel consistently provides clean comfortable rooms at a fair price. The location is perfect for going to the beach or taking in the boardwalk attractions.
Over the years, we have stayed at many of the hotels in Ocean City, ranging from the best to the worst. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where price is no indication of quality. In fact, some of the hotels in OC should have been shut down by the Health Dept years ago but yet they continue to operate AND charge exhorbitant rates for what is basically a dirty dump.
We take several weekend trips to Ocean City during the year and The Spinnaker is always our first choice for accomodations. The rooms are spacious with full kitchen capacities and appliances. The equipment is clean and always in good working condition. The bathroom is a nice size and again, always kept sparkling clean. The beds, bed linens, and furniture are well taken care of and very comfortable. My favorite feature is the private balcony that provides a great view of the ocean even though the hotel is not technically oceanfront.
Finally, the most overwhelming reason we choose the Spinnaker time and again is the wonderful staff who make you feel like family while you are staying there. They will do ANYTHING to make sure every guest is happy and well taken care of during their stay. Thanks to the office and the housekeeping staff for the hard work you do that makes this hotel our home away from home.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OC4me
Lyons, PA
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This is a great hotel. I was down there with my family and we had a great time and will be back next year.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank mmiller1156
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The view here is one that can't be beat especially from the room closest to the boards on the 5th floor. Everyone that works here makes you feel like you are a part of their family. The service is awesome and the coffee shop has awesome cheap food.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank ToesNdeSand
Dayton
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I just returned from a weekend in Ocean City, and this time I decided to stay at the Spinnaker. I'd seen it during previous trips and thought it looked like a decent motel. After reading the reviews on the property, most of them seemed overwhelmingly positive. Now having been to the Spinnaker, I feel the reviews were quite accurate.

The room was large, which is always a plus in my eyes. The efficiency kitchen was perfect for stocking food and beverages so that we didn't have to go to restaurants for some of our smaller meals. An even bigger plus for me was the cleanliness of the property -- the bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom were immaculate. But the top billing goes to the location of the place: right on the boardwalk, being walkable distance to just about anything.

I also couldn't get over how friendly everyone was. The staff (in particular the front desk and housekeeping staff) made you feel like they knew you, even though they'd never met you in their lives. They know how to make someone feel like a genuine "guest".

If I had anything negative to say, it would be a minimal comment about the poor water pressure on the 5th floor. That being said, it just required me to stand under the shower a bit longer to rinse off the soap. Not a biggie to me, although to others it might be a bit more of a problem.

I'm already planning my next trip there, and I'll be sure to stay at the Spinnaker again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stormchaser1966
brooklyn, ny
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My daughter and I had a wonderful time while staying at this motel. At first I had my concerns about staying at a motel but those concerns quickly faded the minute we checked into the hotel. The motel had spacious accommodations with a private balcony and a side view of the ocean. We were just steps away from the ocean and boardwalk. The only thing negative thing I have to say is the wi -fi connection was slow and it kept freezing but no biggie. What a great idea to separate the pool area from the lounge area for those who wanted to just relax and not have to worry about being splashed by swimmers. We were so sad to leave but we had to go back to the real word. Thank you Sinnakers for an awesome time!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank citygirlBrooklyn_Ny
Rockaway Township
Reviewed 1 September 2010

The motel is conveniently located a block beach and boardwalk. Although it is quiet a walk to the pier where the rides are, that is nice because there is less noise and crowds where the motel is. The Spinnaker offers a small heated out door pool and a very nice sun deck. The rooms are clean, staff is accomodating and sweet, and the views are awesome. It was a little tight for two grown 12 year olds and a couple, but great for the price!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family