“Great room for a great price”

Coastal Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #67 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
ASHLAND
“Great room for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am currently staying at the Ocean Palms Inn and Suites. The room has recently been remodelled and is very nice. As far as any bad review i've seen on here, I don't understand. Everything is clean and the room is very spacious. You can't get a better room for the price anywhere in Ocean City, in my opionion (and I've stayed at some dives here in the past). It's a short walk to the beach and far enough north of the boardwalk that you don't have near the crowds you do in that area. I would definitely stay here again and would recommed this hotel tonmy friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear valued guest, thanks for choosing The Coastal Palms for your vacation destination! We have worked hard to remodel our rooms. We pride ourselves on quality assurance and being one of the most economical finds in Ocean City. Thanks again for the great review, we cannot wait to have you as our guest again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

We already had another place to stay for 3 nights but we decided to stay an extra night and this had vacancy. We got an oceanview room and I was suprised how clean and spacious it was. It had a pull out couch, a seprate room with a door that had two queen beds, and a balcony. There were two flat screen TV's; one infront of the chouch/table and one in the bedroom area. Everything was clean except some yellow stuff in the sink which I think was just a stain. The location is pretty good, short walk to the beach and restaurants but not near the boardwalk. The restaurant next door, the Crabcake Factory, has the best crab dip! For the one night we were here it was very comfortable, I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank nds579
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing the Coastal Palms as your vacation accommodations! We have recently renovated many of the features in all the rooms are are happy you noticed! We do have a great location close to many local attractions and nightlife. Be sure to check out Northside Park next time you visit for a great escape to enjoy some Eastern Shore Beauty! Thanks again for being our guest!
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was excited to be able to get a room during the prime 4th of July week 2012. The rates were commensurate with the season and lower than other hotels in the area. They allowed me to check in early which was wonderful. The room was clean and neat and cool, which is vitally important during the heat wave we had this year. It was nice to have the coffee pot in the room and it was an added benefit to have a tiny freezer area in the fridge for a frozen snack or two. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone. The sitting room was especially nice as my granddaughter had her own tv and a comfy place to sit while I vegged out in my own room with MY tv. No fighting over what to watch when we were not at the beach. This location is within easy walking distance to almost anything you would need.

1 Thank Lisa M
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your kind review! We keep our price point lower than the competition as a courtesy to our guests. We work hard to make sure your vacation is one to remember! Thanks again for being our guest, we can't wait to see you again in the future!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Was looking for a affordable 1 night stay for my family of 5 which always proves challenging. This place was great! The room was huge & clean. 2 beds and a sleeper sofa, and a ocean view for under a $150. Never expected such a nice place for the price. The service was great as well. Only wish the pool was open later so we could swim after hitting the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mbeal112
Dear valued guest, thank you so much for all your kind words! It truly makes our jobs that much more rewarding to know our guests are enjoying their stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Let me begin by stating I was a bit nervous with booking the room based on the recent experiences. I figure some people just expect alot. With that said... I will go to my review.

Location: Its definitely close to the beach. Facing the street the walkway is narrow (not cliff narrow, but narrow) Off Coastal Highway there are various places to get food, groceries etc. For some entertainment for family (you can go to the Carousel on 118th street). Remember this is 120th street so the inlet is on the southern part of Coastal Highway (15 minute drive) which is nice because you get a chance to go down the strip see all OC has to offer. Jolly Roger is on 50 something street. Now if you don’t mind a 10 minute trip north into Fenwick you can enjoy tax-free shopping, and the mini (I mean cute-mini 5 store) boardwalk next to Aussie mini-golf course.

Hotel to Beach Distance: You walk about 2 minutes and you hit sand (no traffic/main road to cross). It’s not over crowded, find some good spots in the sand.

Traffic Noise Level: It is fine even for the light sleepers. I only heard sirens and loud Harleys on occasion (I was awake at that time). Otherwise, it is a quiet stay.

Reservation Desk: The staff in the front office is friendly and informative. Even when I checked out they asked "how was your stay?". Information pieces available for area attractions, they even offer a discount to Jolly Roger. They had my coupons from the internet in a package and the carousel stay-package available for a limited time (ice show,free picture, skating, dining discount and in-store credit) NICE added bonus!

Parking: No issues, spaces are same as a shopping center.

Hotel Area: Clean, orderless

Elevator: Yes, very cozy (4 people)

Luggage Carts: Yes

Room: First impression clean and open. The bathroom was spacious with all the new toiletries and towels. The flushing was an issue at times (maybe due to the pressure or maybe someone put items that did not belong down in there).The room had a nice color theme (deep ocean blue). The beds and pillow were super comfy, good night’s sleep. The closet was tall ,but narrow. The dresser had 4 long deep drawers with a mirror. The flat-screen TV was nice (32-37 inches?) and worked great and swivels (its glued to the dresser ha-ha, no moving). There is a bar fridge which is not a mini-fridge (its taller), microwave and coffee maker. There is a round dining table with two chairs. There is a 2 dresser night stand between the queen beds with an alarm clock (that worked, scared me when it went off).

AC: worked great; when I opened the door it was on and what a refresher after loading the cart.

Balcony: Yes, big with two chairs and a round table. Scenery not much for people watchers, mine faced the parking lot (I could keep an eye on my car though).
Here is my dislike: If curtain is open; people can see in. No twist blinds, only a slide curtain :( I like to have natural light, it lacked here because I personally kept my curtains closed.

*****Recommend to owners/office: Change out the sliding curtain for a twist open shut panel blinds and provide a table lamp (glue it if you want).****

Lighting: Dim, wall lamps do not provide lots of light.

Pool: Outdoor only. Looked clean to me, but didn't take advantage of it. I am at the beach ya know.

Your at the beach, get an umbrella, put on some tanning oil/lotion/sun block, dig your feet in the sand, make a sand castle, catch a couple of waves and enjoy.

I would recommend this Inn to others.
Stayed July 29-31, 2012

3 Thank iluvgreatdeals D
York, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just got back from staying at the Coastal Palms. Everything was clean in the room, loved the short walk to the beach and the free beach chairs to use. Hotel said they are still working on upgrades to the rooms like new sliding doors to the balconies. Room didn't have list of tv channels and when I asked for one no one had any. They have a late check in time (4pm) didn't like that too much and there wasn't a place to change to go to the beach while you waited for your room. Hotel said they are working on that also.Would like to check out the beach house rental next time.

Room Tip: liked our ocean view room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mindy M
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for choosing Coastal Palms. Your request about the sliding screen doors and channel guide have been heard. We will be working on many upgrades this winter, stay tuned for great renovations and great rates for your next vacation. Thanks again for being our guest!
Blairstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and I just came back from Ocean City, MD and stayed at this hotel. We booked a pet suite which consisted of 1 bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a full size sofa bed. The room was a good size. The bathroom was very small. Also, we were supposed to have a coffemaker and iron in the room but didn't so that was a little disappointing. Overall, a good suite for those that take their little ones on vacation with them.

2 Thank araquelffl
carouselresort, Manager at Coastal Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear valued customer, thanks for being our guest. We have done a lot to update these rooms from their previous condition. All of our rooms have new carpet, paint, granite counter tops, flat screen LCD TV's, sinks as well as drapes. Were sorry about the mis communication, all of our rooms do have a coffee maker but only a few rooms have an ironing board. The front desk would absolutely provide a coffee maker if their hadn't been one in the room already. Thanks for being the first one to review our pet friendly suites! Thanks again for being our guest, we cannot wait to have you again next time!