“You get what you pay for!”
Review of Alamo Motel

Alamo Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
Ranked #101 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The alamo motel is $75 a night for a reason, though, from my perspective that's still too much for the type of service you get. We needed a cheap place to stay for an extra day, and my parents "remembered the alamo" as a thrifty one night stop. It was my parents, brother, sister and I who were staying, so we got a room with two double beds, though my brother and i ended up sleeping on a SINGLE PERSON BLOWUP MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR! That's how disgusting it was. The sheets looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a year and the pillows smelled bad. I was afraid of catching something from it. The walls did have dents in them but not full out holes. You could see right through the curtains, so it was like having no curtains at all. The tv did work and had basic cable. But the door, as another reviewer accurately described, did appear to have been kicked in. There was a noticablely large space b/w the door and it's frame, and because of that i did not feel safe. Now there is only one word to describe the bathroom: filthy. Toilet sagged off the wall and rocked when you sat on it, you could hear the water splashing around(gross). Bugs and spiders galore, occupying every corner. There was mold in the sink and in the shower, and the water's smell varied between rust and rotten eggs. I was showering at night and the power went off TWICE, talk about scary. So basically the room sucked, but Roscoe (the owner) seemed nice enough, and even brought us extra blankets at night. The pool appeared clean and was good for a swim, but cleanliness is the #1 most important necessity for a motel (in my opinion), and this place just doesn't cut it.

6  Thank hirenemh

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Room smelled horrible. Black mold in bathroom, tv didn't work, no hot water. Briken furniture Sewage smell. Rude owner. We took pictures for a health department complaint. We stayed here because we were stick here fourth if July. We should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Not the ritz Just and old beach place. Nice swimming pool nice ac. A bed and bath that's all nothing special. For the price in season you can't beat it. Like I said it's not the ritz but you don't pay for mints on your pillows you pay for the shower and bed.

6  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friends and I went to ocean city for the weekend on a really low budget. We were so happy to hear that the alamo was giving rooms away for 85 dollars. This was the only exciting thing upon renting a room here. As soon as we walked in, it smelled of a mixture between moldy cheese and dead bodies. Laughing, we looked up to notice just a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. We entered the bathroom, the shower was small with just a pipe hanging from the wall. This all was but humorous until we noticed the massive amounts of black mold all over the sink and around the entire bathroom. Also, long black hairs were at the bottom of the shower and where u put the soap was crud and a razor blade that had probably been there for 3 years. This bathroom had never been cleaned. Ever. It was also easy to tell this since there was poop smeared all over the wall next to the toilet and on the wall next to the bed. The towels were blatantly dirty and merely refolded. I then heard this place is known for prostitution. I'm surprised we didn't end up with bed bugs or something because the blankets on top of the beds had burn holes and stains (which looked like blood). I understand that "you get what you pay for" but this place is hazardous to a homeless mans health.

16  Thank ls1653
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room smelled like mildew, the floor was dirty the cable and tv did not work and the bathroom was disgusting the door had not handle and the tub, I would not think about taking a shower in there much less putting my child in it. The whole place needs to be cleaned up inside and out, the pool had rust in it and I would not even think about eating there. SOmeone needs to call the chamber of commerence and the health inspector in ocean city to let them check it out and maybe there family could stay there. We only stayed one night and that was enough. Will never go back agin.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This place has a strict "no refund" policy so be sure to ask to see the room BEFORE you pay.

The shower stall was stained, the carpet was ripped and stained, the ceiling and bathroom lights are bare bulbs. The sheet was clean, but thin and placed over a stained mattress with no mattress pad. There was a 1/4" space of light shining in between the door and the door frame.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SusanGJC
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We have stayed at the Alamo a few times and have found that even though its old and outdated, its a place. I have not seen any prostitution or rude employees. Yes, the bathroom was tiny and old but it worked. We where there for the beach not the damn hotel! We had 7 people and only paid $95 a night which allowed our family (we have small children) the ability to do more fun things while on vacation. The bed was hard but you can't expect 5 star pillow top beds at a tiny motel just trying to get by. Also, someone had reviewed this place that stayed in 1985.....uh, it's changed owners since then. I had no bugs, no mildew, no loud teenagers, no rude staff and the pool was clean and inviting! I also did not have to walk through the bar to enter the pool. There are two entrances one gate in the fence and one in the bar (makes it nice when you need a drink). Let's figure this, people have died in other motels in Ocean City and all over the country, as long your not sharing a room with a dead body, that's not really a good point. If you were struggling trying to reach the American Dream by being a business owner, then all the negative reviews stop people from going, which in turn slows any money they could have for renovations. As I see it, if your looking for a place, not a palace then this isn't too bad. You can't find another room this cheap, hell you can't even CAMP there for this cheap. It's a room. It has locks, beds, water and a/c. Who the hell cares what it looks like? seech

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family