“We could not bring ourselves to stay here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Alamo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
Ranked #98 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“We could not bring ourselves to stay here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We saw the room. It may be a good sleep here but don't expect anything newish as the furnishings are seemingly worn with age. There is no ice machine for your drink nor do they have any ice freely proffered at the office. The best features of this place is all the staff is especially nice, warm and friendly so that must count for a lot but not if you are expecting what you'd normally get as a fresh newer feeling motel room. For $40. more you can fix it by staying elsewhere otherwise save a bunch and this is the place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Bill W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Could take place in a Tarentino movie. All comments you read are exact and accurate. I paid in advance and finaly dis not stay. Too dirty and felt unsafe. But somehow i am happy to have been there. It makes a good story to tell for my wife and I

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank DioViSalviRegina

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Dirty, the room was so smoky you could hit the curtains and smoke seeped out! Dirty, holes in the mattress, black mold on wall, broken tv. When the electric went out we left - we felt it was a dangerous place to be especially with no lights. I we had looked at the room before we rented we never would have stayed, no surprise, no refunds. why this place is still in business is beyond me, which is a shame, looks like it was a cute place at one time, maybe 50 years ago.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms. stay in your car it's safer and cleaner.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Mark A
Vienna, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our family went to the beach for the weekend and only stayed because it was the only one left vacant. As soon as you entered the room smelt rank of mold and was horrible! there was a bunk bed in my room and it was so shaky i was forced to sleep on the floor as i thought i was going to fall off. everything in the room was connected to a single extension chord and there were no outlets. lit by a single lamp the room was dark smelled and looked dirty. the mattresses were eaten up by mice and one of the sheets was stiff and looked like someone had previously wet the bed.
There was a t/v but it didn't work and was ancient. The bathroom was disgusting and for some reason all the towels and even the toilet paper was wet. The shower was either too hot or too cold and i could not sleep because of the extremely loud air conditioner and squeaky beds.
I would NEVER stay in this motel again as sleeping in the car would in my opinion be cleaner and safer

Room Tip: Find someplace else or sleep in the car!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Pedro Q
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here because we were stuck. Room smelled strongly of smoke and mildew. We asked the manager about the mild in the shower and he said it was hard to get rid of. Dirty. Old junk furniture everywhere. Horrible. Just horrible.

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank Vchu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was a night mare and I had to stay here because I came with my friends on a Fourth of July weekend and my friends claim this was the only thing available and that they paid $250 a night wish is outrageous! I don't believe them but it is just horrible. The bathroom was terrible and gross. The doors kept getting hammed and I just had a really bad experience with this place. Never again I would prefer to sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank Aalanso03
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The alamo motel is $75 a night for a reason, though, from my perspective that's still too much for the type of service you get. We needed a cheap place to stay for an extra day, and my parents "remembered the alamo" as a thrifty one night stop. It was my parents, brother, sister and I who were staying, so we got a room with two double beds, though my brother and i ended up sleeping on a SINGLE PERSON BLOWUP MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR! That's how disgusting it was. The sheets looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a year and the pillows smelled bad. I was afraid of catching something from it. The walls did have dents in them but not full out holes. You could see right through the curtains, so it was like having no curtains at all. The tv did work and had basic cable. But the door, as another reviewer accurately described, did appear to have been kicked in. There was a noticablely large space b/w the door and it's frame, and because of that i did not feel safe. Now there is only one word to describe the bathroom: filthy. Toilet sagged off the wall and rocked when you sat on it, you could hear the water splashing around(gross). Bugs and spiders galore, occupying every corner. There was mold in the sink and in the shower, and the water's smell varied between rust and rotten eggs. I was showering at night and the power went off TWICE, talk about scary. So basically the room sucked, but Roscoe (the owner) seemed nice enough, and even brought us extra blankets at night. The pool appeared clean and was good for a swim, but cleanliness is the #1 most important necessity for a motel (in my opinion), and this place just doesn't cut it.

• Stayed August 2012