“oh my god, i cant believe they can stay in business...”
Review of Alamo Motel

Alamo Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
Ranked #101 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This could be the funniest thing I have ever read, I stayed there back in 05 with my gf and a few friends... We decided to go to Oc for a one day getaway... This is the most disgusting place ever!!! I remember the lights didnt work, bathroom door didnt close, bed were crooked!!! writing on the walls, pool had green slime in it, looked like someone flicked boogers on the walls....
I travel quite a bit and still cant believe how bad this place is... Take your video camera as we recorded a video of how bad it is, we still laugh bout it to this day....I didnt even sleep nervous about being shot

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank cwsth29

Reviewed 30 August 2010

When went down to ocean city md for one day and we was looking for a cheap motel or hotel. We only paid 150 dollars for 7 people. We had one master bed and two bunk beds. There was hair on the sheets and pillows cases on the master bed and we smelled the sheets and the pillows cases and they smelled clean. There was a hole in the master bed wall. And also in the master bed room there was two bulett holes in the window. There was dust on the a.c in both rooms. The master bed felt like you was sleeping on the floor. The bunk beds felt like you was sleeping on spings. There was sinks that was stained in the bed rooms. And yes the there is a sink in each room. The cold water smelled like eggs. And the shower was cracked. There was hair in the shower. No t.p on the roll. Stains in the tub and in each sink. We went to the oecean for the day and we locked the door before we lefted and we got back and the door was unlocked thank god we took are money and stuff with us. I seen a sign that said hot fresh coffee for 2 dollars in the restraunt. So in the a.m i went down to get some coffee for 2 dollars and the ower that only has one arm told me that they had no coffee and that they sell coffee at the wawa. The pool looked clean but there was no one in there. The resturant/bar looked small but was clean. If this place had better mangerment and better house keepers it may look better. And work on redoing the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank tashybaby28
Reviewed 28 August 2010

terrible place with a worst owner rocoe the one arm bandit is a ignorant person who rents sub standard rooms at high class dollars on top of that i have come to learn by a staff member a convicted child molester in the third degree lives there year round stay away if you have children wow what a dump

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank kredvette
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Went on a small vacation to Ocean City, MD and prebooked this hotel. Wish I would have looked into this more. My mistake was not looking at the room before paying. We went into the room, rugs filthy, air conditioner didn't cool room, the bathroom had bugs crawling up the walls. Toilet handle broke and when you sat on toilet it wobbled. Mold and mildew in bathroom, with shower curtain hanging by a handful of hooks. Windowsills had dead bugs on it. Room air conditioner must have had a 1/2 inch of dust on the vents. I was afraid to sleep in the bed if the rest of the room was this filthy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J-Lynn53519
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I booked this hotel for one night. When I went to check in the room I had reserved had a small refridgerator in it and it was leaking on the floor so I moved to the room next to it. I only dropped off my luggage and went out right away before inspecting the room. The carpet was disgusting. The bathroom had dozens of bugs (small ants and spiders) in it, not to mention the tub. The sink was falling off the wall and the window was - not boarded up - but a piece of foam covered the window and was duct taped to the wall. I was afraid to turn off the lights. There was a used soap package on the bathroom floor and a used/empty water bottle next to the bed. There were cob webs on the walls like it hadn't been cleaned for the season. The door didn't close properly as it appeard to have been kicked in prior our stay and fixed enough to close. It was unhealthy, unsafe, noisy, and overall a disgusting experience.

I would discourage anyone who wanted to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hdfan09
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We don't like to make reservations but after this last experience I think we might start doing that. We were tired and hot, the AC in the car was out. I was wanted to take a shower, maybe have a drink and go to bed. We knew after driving around the place that The Alamo wasn't a five star hotel, there were folks out back playing horse shoes but we thought what the heck, how bad could it be??? I didn't go in the office but I was told it was dirty. There were no real parking places so I drive up as close as I could to the building with our room in it. As I walked in my bf said "The receipt says no refunds." The musty smell, lack of carpet, one ragged curtain over each of the two windows and falling apart dressers helped me understand why. I went to look at the bathroom and it was worse than I could have imagined. The toilet was wedged in the corner so that even I being only five foot two would not be able to use it properly; there was NO room for my knees. The sink was stained beyond belief and the shower was a tiled hole complete with the echoing drip, drip of a rusted shower head and two spigots. It was late, I was hot and tired and cranky. I took a shower being careful not to touch the walls. The water was warm enough and the pressure was good. I came out of the shower to see my bf fiddling with the TV, it would NOT work and there was no remote. We don't watch TV anyway so not a big deal. I did want a drink so we went to the bar which was part of the property. I won't go into THAT because this is a review of the hotel, but EW! Back in the room we decided the sheets were clean enough to sleep on and we got ready for bed. Looking at the door I noticed light streaming through on all four sides. I was glad it's summer. To drown out the sound of the people playing horseshoes behind our room we turned the AC on, it clunked! It did bring in some cool air but it was loud. I had a drink in me, and I didn't care anymore. It wasn't an uncomfortable bed and the pillows were nice. After a so-so rest, we got up and left before seven. All that was $75. We stayed at a very nice place for less than 40 the next night.
We would not have stayed if we had a child with us.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MiddleburyTravelers
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I booked our reservations prior to reading these reviews. I was appalled at what i read and was very upset. my family and i have a tight buget since my husband works for the state and is currently not getting paid. So we did not have a lot of money but needed a weekend getaway. I wanted to cancel my reservations after reading the blogs, however it was to late and we would have lost our money. We decided to go anyway to see what is was like. When we arrived they had my key ready and our room was clean, the pool was clean and tidy. We had fresh clean towels and the worker were very helpful. The motel does not compare to the newer fancy hotels in ocean city it is old but the rooms were clean, there were no bugs, and it was close to everything. We weren't in our room very much but for a cheap getaway it was nice. Not fancy but clean. I am glad we went and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family