“This place is owned and run by scam artists”

Casablanca Oceanside Inn
Ranked #85 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Two of my friends and I stayed at casablanca for only one night out of two booked nights. We got evicted on erroneous grounds. We were not partying nor drinking nor even playing music at all. We merely came back from Seacrets, attempted to enter the elevator area, yet were stopped because one of us didn't have a hotel card. Not everyone in a room needs a card we told the security guard. He let us in, yet followed us to our room. We said, sir I feel really uncomfortable with you following us to our room. This set him off. Words were exchanged, nothing about him nor race nor anything imflammatory. Yet, he kept saying, Ya'll evicted. Ya'll evicted. This was after AFTER we talked to our neighbors who the next day didn't say we were loud nor disturbed ANYONE when we talked to them. In the end, we got evicted and the security guard said, I own this hotel. We got evicted, fully charged for both nights even after being told at the front desk we were being charged our security deposit. Long story short, they evicted us under false grounds, took our money, only to rent out the room the following night. This place's security is outsourced by Bell Atlantic, whose employee acted in sheer dislike and disdain to us for NO reason. Management irresponsibly took our money and challenged us in court. Please do not feel comfortable staying at this hotel. I caution you.

11  Thank spb5040

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I booked a room at Casablanca for a Friday and Saturday night in August 2012. Myself and two friends (all aged 25) booked a 2 bedroom suite that cost $496.32 for the 2 nights. We checked in at about 9pm, dropped off our stuff in the rooms and went out for the night. We returned to the hotel at 2am to go to sleep and this is where the problems began.
To enter the hotel you must swipe a key card to get into the main lobby. Two of us entered the lobby, and my other friend was walking about a minute behind us and knocked on the door to let him in as he did not have a card key. We opened the doors to let him in and a security guard standing in the lobby told us we were not allowed to do this. We calmly explained to the security guard that he was a guest of the hotel as well. The security guard proceeded to harass us as we attempted to go to our room. He followed us all the way to our rooms, and as we went into our rooms he told us we were evicted from the hotel for being unruly and noisy. We laughed because this was clearly not the case, closed the door to our room, and went to sleep. At 4am, we awoke to knocking on our door. We opened it and 2 cops were there telling us that we were evicted from the hotel and had to gather our stuff and leave immediately. We asked why we were evicted and were given no explanation, and had no choice but to leave immediately and buy a hotel room elsewhere.
The next day we went to the main office of the hotel in an attempt to talk to the manager, just to ensure we weren't charged $500 for a room that we never got a chance to stay in due to the eviction. The people working would not get a manager for us, but assured us that we would only be charged a $220 deposit we put down.
The next week we checked if we were charged and found we were charged the full $500. We also checked sites reviewing Casablanca and found that other guests had been scammed the exact same way. I am writing this as a warning to all people considering staying here, especially if you are a young group of people, there is a good chance you will be scammed if you stay here.

14  Thank summeraugust2012111
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This place is GOD AWFUL. cockroaches everywhere and the security guard was a pervert who followed us to our room every night. The management was rude and couldn't speak a lick of English. Stay at the Holiday Inn instead.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel are a much better choice.
9  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I recently stayed at Casa Blanca Inn and Overall experience was good... The best thing I like about this hotel was its location, its half a block from the board walk and restaurants are just 1 or 2 blocks away. The Staff were very accommodating. The hotel was cleaned, decent, old, needs updating but overall its comfortable, don't expect a 5 star hotel because it is definitely not five star or modern at all, its very BASIC, cleaned room, cleaned bathroom and cleaned surroundings. I stayed in the efficiency room with the family of 4 adults. We are the type of family who likes to stay in a place were we can cook and try to save as much money as we can and make food in our hotel and thats why I chose to stayed here at Casa Blanca Inn because of its kitchenette unfortunately I was a little disappointed about it. First, the kitchenette includes an electric stove top, microwave, regular size refrigerator, and a fully equipped with cookware and dinnerware; well it just happened that one of our stove top was not working, the cookware were all tiny and if you like to cook a lot, trust me its not big enough, I ended up buying bigger cookware just to accommodate what I need, I also bought a knife because their knives in the room was so dull it can't even cut through an onion; On the bright side the dinnerware were decent and our room was equipped with more than what I needed. The bathroom, well very basic but cleaned... The room was OK, regular motel looking room, the only thing that I don't like was the kitchenette was right by the bed and when you cook the bed starts smelling like food and they don't have exhaust for the smell to come out so I had to keep the exhaust from the bathroom on and keep my balcony door open so the smell won't stay in the room but OVERALL the room was cleaned and nice enough to accommodate 4 adults comfortably. My whole experience was great, I really don't have any major complain besides the kitchenette, this HOTEL accommodate what I need which was a half a block from the boardwalk and easy access to everything...

Room Tip: Efficiency room has a kitchenette and the higher floors you have the better view of the ocean you ge...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Angel12Sweet25
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed there one night in Mid-august of 2012. I arrived at around 12 noon, receptionist gave us parking pass (parking is across the street from property). We hanged around in the beach. This hotel is very close to beach. From some rooms you can actually see the ocean clearly. Boardwalk is 5 min walk and once you are in boardwalk, you can take a tram to go in the tram which takes you end-to-end. Rooms were clean and pretty comfortable for 4 adults and 2 kids. I booked deluxe efficiency. Room was freshly painted, furnitures were decent and there were enough towels, pillows, blankets etc. Every room has balcony. I noticed that you can hear noise easily from your neighbors. But if you are going mainly to beach and come only to sleep and keep your belongings this place is really great. I would definitely stay there again. Deluxe efficiency rooms had all the utensils and silverware to cook and eat. Perfect hotel for family

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KumarRaj28970
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Having been to Ocean City, MD many times in my life, I can honestly say that Casablanca Oceanside fits right in with the vast majority of other hotels/motels of its kind. Frankly, it's old, like most properties are. I go into each stay at a new place with that in mind, and don't expect the Ritz Carlton.

With that said, Casablanca was definitely one of the better experiences that I have had. We arrived a couple of hours before the 3 PM check-in, but the front desk agents already had our paperwork ready to fill out. Even though we couldn't check in yet, we were allowed to fill it out early so as to make it easier when 3PM came. We also received a parking pass early, which allowed us to hit the beach for a few hours.

At about 2:30, the skies darkened and it became clear that a storm was coming quickly. As we packed up our things to head to the car, the front desk staff actually called us to let us know we could check in early. Seriously, great service.

Once inside, yes, the building was old. However, the room was plenty for us, and most importantly, was clean.

The location is also great. It is on 25th, right off the boardwalk. I've stayed a number of times by the inlet, which seems to be where the crowds go in the evenings. With Casablanca being further down, we could walk to the inlet and enjoy the scene, but go back to the relative quiet of our hotel. I really preferred it.

All in all, we would definitely stay at the Casablanca again. The price was very reasonable (for Ocean City), and all in all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deevamf
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I would like to start with the stench we encountered in the halls and elevator (which was broken on day 2 of our 4 day getaway.) We had to take the stairs, which smelled worse than the halls and elevator. Halls and Elevator were not air conditioned (it was in the 80's and 90's.) Room service was not very good. They came to clean at around 5 pm when I was taking a nap because we were out in the sun and surf the whole morning. When they did clean, they didn't replace the towels that we used.The beds were pretty much thrown back together. When I went down to the front desk to get more shampoo (there was only one with 2 double beds and a pull out couch there wasn't anyone there. Someone sneezed in the back, I said "God Bless You" and they still didn't come out. They kicked us out of the pool @ 8pm when the sign said 9pm.
It put quite a damper on our trip.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family