“Will definitely Return”

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #71 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Princess Bayside in Ocean City, MD for 2 nights. We were able to check in early, which is always a plus. We stayed in a suite which was very comfortable and clean. They have a pool on the roof with a tiki bar. There is also a bar called Finnigans attached to the hotel. It was in a great location in terms of restaurants and beach availability. The staff was very helpful! If you are looking for a hotel in OCMD, I would definitely suggest Princess Bayside on 48th Street.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KingsGrad10
Leslie48, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thank you for recognizing our helpful staff & clean rooms. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Princess Bayside Beach Hotel

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have stayed at Princess Bayside a couple of times a year for the past several years and this past stay was so awful that we are never going back again! The hotel management was absolutely terrible and definitely does not care at all about repeat business or customer satisfaction! For $250 a night, you would think differently. With so many other locations available in OC, why would anyone consider giving these money grubbing idiots a chance to ruin their vacation and yes, they did RUIN ours! Never ever again are they going to get that chance! I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau for changing the price on us at the last minute when we were already at the hotel and had basically no choice but to stay. If you do stay there- be careful- you can't use the beach at nights- Friday or Sat because of the pitiful weddings they have there-seems all they are about and not the rest of the entire hotel there!

Room Tip: Don't let them give you the rooms right next to the 'weddings' - you won't be able t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adnet

Unfortunately this guest may not be telling the whole story. The rate quoted would not be changed unless the guest choose to upgrade their room type or arrived with additional guests. Our beach may be reserved for wedding a ceremony or other special events. Wedding ceremonies usually last no longer than an hour. The beach may be used before and after the event. Guest may use their balconies at any time unless they become disruptive towards other guests of the Hotel which include our wedding guest. We care about all of our guest which is why security will enforce our policies if a guest disturb other guests.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

just stayed here for the weekend. Paid over $500 for 2 nights and it was a waste of money. The Beds were nasty. Our Sheets and comforters were stained. And the sheets on the bed were just thrown on there......they were flat sheets....atleast wrap them around the matress. Only thing i can say good is...its right next door to seacreats and the hotel does have good food in the bar/resturant in the lobby. But I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RonBarnes

We apologize for the housekeeping service during your stay. Please call the front desk if you have any issue with your room and we would be glad to send someone to correct the problem. If you are having issues with the sheets ask us to double sheet the mattress. During the summer month housekeeping service are available 24 hours a day. Please consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

After Expedia screwed up our reservation I found a nice clean hotel with tempurpedic beds and cold air conditioning. The hotel room had a great view and the staff was very courteous. The hotel also offered us a better rate than Expedia, I will definitely recommend calling direct to make a reservation and Thank You Princess Bayside hotel for making my vacation worth while.
-James Lee

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jlee4777

Thank you for finding us accommodating and we look forward to your family's return.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights (which was three nights too long). The first evening I arrived, just before bed, I spotted ants on the bedside table and on the wall behind it. I went down to the front desk to inform them. I was told someone would be right up. When housekeeping arrived they sprayed the table and wall with something, wiped it down, said that should take care of the ants and they could use something stronger but it would have a big odor. The second night seemed better at first. I spotted one ant. Ok, I will deal with one ant, but then we had a storm come through. Rain was leaking into the room between the ac unit and the wall above it. I called the front desk, the clerk was very abrupt and said he would send someone up. They came. I showed them where you could actually see light coming in from the outside where the rain was leaking in. They vacuumed the water and asked if I would be going out because in order to fix it properly, they would have to pull the unit out. O.k., where is the part where they just offer to give me another room? (By the way, the room was facing the highway which, between the cars and people screaming, was very noisy). Third night, I wake up to a stinging/biting sensation on my face. I put my hand up and what do I find....an ant! At this point my patience is gone. I go down to the front desk and ask to see a supervisor. After being told one is not on duty, I explain the ordeal I have been experiencing and ask for another room and the clerk (who is not very friendly) gives me another room and tells me if I have any other complaints I can make them at 7 am. I move to my new room only to have to deal with hearing the guests next door talking, etc until 2 am. I wrote a letter to the hotel once I returned home explaining what I experienced and I haven't received a response yet. Note: one positive - all of the housekeeping staff were friendly

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kily_11

The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel is concerned the guest did not enjoy their stay. Steps have been made to eliminate the issues with the room. The guest has been contacted. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I loved our short stay at the Princess Bayside. We were concerned that it might not be as nice as the website claimed, but it delivered. Our room was very clean and had a fully stocked kitchen, where we cooked crab and enjoyed it from our balcony! We really liked how the hotel employees students from around the world to help with their busy summer season. We enjoyed talking with the Irish restaurant staff and Swedish man who checked us in at the front desk. While it's not an oceanfront hotel, we didn't feel slighted but spoiled being sandwiched between the peaceful bayside and roaring ocean! The city bus stop is right in front of the hotel and for $1 you can ride all the way down the strip and not miss an inch of the boardwalk. We only regretted that we couldn't stay long enough to take in more of the local sites, but will definately return to the city and this wonderful hotel. ps. we also liked Anthony's market & wine shop for some tastey groceries to keep in our room, which cut the costs of eating every meal out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank joyfulgirl2

Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Everything was great. The nicest thing was the location. Restaurants clubs beach 2 min away. There was security 24hrs a day.

My only dissapointment was the so called Front Desk Manager. Wow what a misserable piece of work. Rude and completely unprofessional towards the desk employees and the tone of voice on the walke talke she used while in front of us not called for. If she talks about and to employees this way how does she treat guests. I think her name is barbara? either way very rude and her hygein practice needs work. Bad breath and unbrushed teeth do not show good representation of your hotel. She is a very unpleasent woman. Because of her actions we will no longer be staying here.

Room 336

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank jbala01

The Hotel apologizes for the check out experience. Your comments will be discuss with the parties involved. Although it does not excuse her actions the Front Office Manager position places her in front of guest at all times. She must take quick action to respond to guest request at the front desk. The Front Office Manager is always working to make each guest stay an enjoyable one and is very concerned when she is unable to do so. Unfortunately Barbara is currently under care for a dental health issue. We ask that you please give us another try. We look forward to your return.