“great place wonderful people”

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
maryland
“great place wonderful people”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

this is a great place to stay. we stay here every year for st.pattys day the people and staff are first class and ready to help in any way. conveint to secrets. always have a good time,we bring in guests from other states and they really enjoy their time at the prade.
great golf packages too.

Room Tip: the suites are good but we stay in the main hotel for the price
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank fordman02
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thanks for your continued patronage! See you next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Port Clinton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 March 2013

first off the location is great for the parade ect. The rooms were nothing special, the major problem was no hot water the entire weekend... Called the front desk sat. morning and was told to wait about an hour and try to get a shower then???? ended up going across the street to where a friend was staying to get a shower. The desk clerk was ok and told me she would take 25% off that day. The next morning again no hot water, told a different desk clerk upon check-out, was given another 25% off. From what I understood no one from the third floor down had hot water... I don't know what they do in the summer when its super crowed, schedule shower times??? The wait staff in the bar is a joke, we were waiting 30mins for a drink Friday nite when it wasn't crowed, sat after the parade was a mess..alot of people left and went to other bars. I would not stay here during a summer vacation, will I do another st. pattys weekend, not sure.
oh one other thing, we stayed in a room with 2 double beds, on mattress was good the other, I think was from a futon, when you sat in the middle of the bed both the top and bottom folded up like a sandwich...seriously my dogs dog bed was thicker than that..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kellil475
Thank you for your comments. The majority of our guest had great and festive St. Patty's Day parade weekend. I apologize we did not meet your expectation and I have discussed your issues with my staff. Measures will be made to eliminate your concerns.
new yrok
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Honestly besides the bed there was nothing good about this hotel. Every single person I dealt with in my 12 hours of being there was extremely rude and inconsiderate. They're "hall way cops" are on a power trip. If you want to have any kind of fun i recommend not staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kferrara916
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
We would like all of our guest to have a fun and great time during their stay at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel. But if your fun become disruptive and interferes with the safety and comfort of our other guest than we are forced to act like "hall way cops". If you are respectful of others during your stay, I'm sure their will be no need for a visit from our security staff.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed at the PBBH for the last three years when attending the MSEA convention. It is clean, accessible and to my knowledge free of bugs. The hallways smelled very fresh and the rooms were very nice with tempurpedic beds. The TV's are definately outdated but who goes to the beach to watch TV anyway. The view alone is enough for me, What a sunset......I also liked the fact that a security guard roamed the area in the evenings, which made us feel very safe. I suggest Ms. Itchy and Mr. Scratchy. her husband, consider closing the screen when napping. Mosquitos are usually out until the first frost hits, and if I remember correctly, it was very warm that whole week. Either way, I love the place and would recommend it for three reasons, affordability, location and very friendly staff. They have my vote for a good place to stay when in OC.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sue B
Thank you for your comments and acknowledging our friendly staff and clean Hotel. We have installed new 32" LCD TV's in all of our Efficiencies and updated to 27" TV's in all standard rooms. We look forward to your return in 2013.
York, PA
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I arrived at the Princess Bayside at 8 a.m. and met my husband outside so that we could go to the convention center. I didn't actually go inside our room until 5 p.m. I took a nap. After an hour, I awoke and started to get dressed. I noticed bites and swelling under my breasts, upper belly and back. That evening, we came back to the hotel and I dressed for bed and lay down to watch TV. I fell asleep and several hours later awoke due to itching all over. I had bites from my head/neck down to my knees, all over my back, stomach and belly. I also had bites all over my arms. We notified the management and they came with flashlights to inspect the mattress and bedding. Like us, nothing was visible to the naked eye. Since the mattress, box spring, headboard, and linens are all beige (the same color as a bed bug) nothing was immediately visible. They transferred us to another room, but I think I may be been bitten more there. The next day, my husband took me to the ER at Atlantic General Hospital. The diagnosis: multiple insect bites. They really couldn't do anything for me they said and sent me on my way without a prescription or anything. The hotel front desk manager made copies of the report from the ER and comped us one night due to this ordeal. She also let us briefly use one of the rooms so that my husband could apply calamine lotion to all the bites all over my body. I was and am still in so much pain and discomfort. My lips and eyes are even swollen now. Benydryl helps a little bit, but only lasts for a few hours. Aside from the bed bugs, the hotel and it's furnishings are very worn, outdated, and drab. How can I say things were clean when I was bitten up by bed bugs? The bathroom was adequate, but they need to get rid of the ruffly pink shower curtain and just stick with the white liner. I feel like I have been in bad 80's horror movie.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you get a room where they have the new Tempurpedic beds. Those might not be...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bittenatthebayside
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
We wish our guest a speedy recovery and hope she is doing well now, but after several thorough inspections by myself, hotel staff, and Terminix we found NO bed bugs or evidence of activity in the room. The room was immediately taken out of service until our pest control company gave us the all clear to use the room. Our rooms are constantly being check for any pest activity and we would not knowingly rent a room with such issues.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2012

stayed there four days for my sons wedding..bayside wedding on the beach..bad storm, very bad...finished the wedding under an overhang of the backside of the hotel..service was great, but dont plan a wedding in the rain...not good idea...accommodations were very good..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EatteryAdvisor
Thank you for having your sons wedding and room block for the guests during your special event. Wish the weather could have been better, but glad you were please with the Hotel. Please visit us on your next trip to Ocean City. We wish the best for your son and new bride!
California, Maryland
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had previously stay here. The room was clean and the bar and breakfast were great. I was very disappointed this visit because of the following: (1) I recommended this hotel to another couple that we travel with because of the bar and breakfast. The bar was closed and the next morning no breakfast was served. (2) The hotel bill board reflected open bar and breakfast served at 7.
(2) The staff in the morning told to go next door for breakfast in which we did. Their breakfast was terrible and over priced. (3) The hall going to our room had a bad ordor.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick M
During the fall season our Restaurant is open on a limited schedule during the weekdays Monday to Thursday. We resume full service on the weekends. The Restaurant will be closed the end of October until the first of April. Finnigans will be open in March for the St. Patrick's Day weekend parade.