“Great Stay!!!”

Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Elkton, Maryland
“Great Stay!!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a great stay as always. We come here at least once a year to go to Seacrets. Upon check in we got an upgrade, which is always a nice surprise. I will continue to stay here in the future. I would like to come here during the summer months.

Room Tip: Choose a bayfront room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cheryl b
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel is pleased you had a "Great Stay!!!". Thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Nepa
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had a great time at the princess bayside for st. Patricks day!!! Rooms were clean and we got a great price. The whole entire staff was great!! We alsowill enjoyed the indoor pool. Cant wait to book for next year!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kerok29
The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel is pleased you enjoyed your "St patricks day stay", thank you!
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had such a great time at the princess bayside. We recieved an upgrade to a bayfront suite that was very clean and spacious. Our housekeeper was very friendly and thorough when cleaning our room during our stay. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly. Will definetly be back!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mek40
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel for your recent stay in Ocean City. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit with us.
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here before. Upon checking in front desk staff was extremely friendly. The rooms seem pretty clean and I was okay until the morning when I took a shower and realized there was an OPEN bar of soap in the tub. I asked the front desk if they usually open fresh ones prior to arrival and they stated NO. It makes me question exactly how the housekeeping staff is cleaning. Not sure if I will return or not. I expect when paying a high dollar to receive a clean room. Just check your rooms thoroughly when checking in.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jch_31
Thank you for your continued patronage. The front desk staff is appreciative of you nice comment. Your room issue has been addressed with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for your comments.
Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

best location for going to Secrets which is one of the top ten clubs in the county, hotel has a nice roof top bar your not supposed to bring your own drinks up to it but we managed too..spring for the bayside room & you'll have a great view of the sunset..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
We are pleased you enjoyed our rooftop pool and great views during your recent stay. When enjoying the rooftop pool you may only consume beverage purchase from the Hotel pool bar. This is in compliance with our food & beverage license and will be enforced.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Based on the reviews, I took the advice of people and paid the higher price for a bayside balcony room. Other than the sound of the waves lapping up on the beach, it was pretty quiet. The bedding was average beach hotel bedding but the beds and pillows were comfortable and the room was equipped with a new flat screen tv. There was also a full kitchen with pots, pans, plates, and microwave and coffee maker. Even a full sized fridge. The room was too big for just my husband and I but this would be great for two couples or a family. The location was also great with Seacrets basically next door and Belly Busters across the street. The beach itself also a block away. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmvigna
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Princess Bayside for your recent visit to Ocean City. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here over the summer for 3 nights. The hotel has two separate buildings. I don't know if one building is more up to date than the other but we stayed at the main building that has the reception area. The other building has the outdoor pool on upper level. I found this room "deal" for $175 per night on Hotels.com. Other sites had this same room for $250. I thought, perfect, what a deal, I'll take it. I wasn't expecting too much as I had read other reviews. Many which were mixed. Well, our room (and it seemed like the entire building) needed major updating. The reception area decor and certainly our room decor were stuck in the 80s! Furniture was old, comforter was thin and had tons of floral peach colors mixed with blues which matched the curtains but it was just not pretty. Looked really cheesy. Bathroom was old. Curtain had mold on very bottom! Outdoor pool was fine. Indoor pool, however, needs some renovations. I had read it's suppose to be heated... well, it wasn't. We had one rainy day there and it was actually windy and cold and the water was super cold! My kids wouldn't go in and usually they'd go in no matter how cold. So our stay there was ok. I guess for the price I got it for during that month and in comparison to all other prices in other hotels for that month, I can't complain much but.... Must say, we loved the location. It's not close to boardwalk but beach area cross the street is great and we were really happy there. We felt no need to be near boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AracelyCF
Thank you for choosing the Princess Bayside for your recent visit to Ocean City. We will share your comment with the staff. The indoor pool is heated and maintained at 80, during the summer often the water temperature rises above 80 and the pool heater is then turned off. We hope you return to the Princess Bayside on your next visit to Ocean City.