“from porch to boardwalk to beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harrison Hall

Harrison Hall
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Frederick, Maryland
“from porch to boardwalk to beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

first, love the location, big porch to sit & watch & relax or few steps & on boardwalk to check out shops & eateries or right onto beach for sun & water fun. has it's own pool with a bar! serves fruit & coffee in lobby that has computer to use or tv to watch along with sitting & reading free daily paper. Staff very familiar with area & gave helpful suggestions

Room Tip: stairs & elevator at front of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kevin L, Public Relations Manager at Harrison Hall, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed all that Harrison Hall has to offer. Thank you also for pointing out that our staff was able to give helpful suggestions. We want all of our guests to feel confident that the staff is able to help in any way possible. I would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacation, and we hope to see you next time you're in Ocean City!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Clayton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is in a fantastic location. My only complaint was that the room was extremely small. The bathroom was extremely small. Paid extra for a ocean view and the windows were filthy. It was a clouded view. Service was good. Pool area clean. Atmosphere very friendly. I do not think I would stay at this place again. As a last resort probably. For the money, the rooms could have been a lot bigger. And the price could be cheaper.

1 Thank Qball77
Kevin L, Public Relations Manager at Harrison Hall, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Ocean City and also for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate feedback, both good and bad, as it helps us and our future guests when they are booking our hotel. We apologize that the rooms were smaller than expected and we will look into detailing the size of the rooms on our website so there is no confusion in the future. We also are sorry that the cleanliness of the windows in your room were not up to standard. I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are choosing a hotel in Ocean City. Again, we thank you for your feedback.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here a week ago. It was very nice I was very happy and that is not easy to do. I am picky. You are just steps away from the beach. great location / clean we are going back in sept for sunfest. All ready booked.

Room Tip: Book early they go fast.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so glad that your recent stay was a wonderful experience for you and we can't wait to have you back for Sunfest. We appreciate you leaving your feedback as it helps our future guests. Your tip about booking early is indeed a good one, rooms do go fast this time of year. Once again, I am glad you enjoyed your trip and we will see you in September.
Sunbury Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Small rooms but how long are you actually in your room? Great location. The beds are old and they sag. That's the only negative i would say. Would stay again. Our room was mixed up but they took care of us. The staff was very attentive and the rooms were very clean. Can't find another hotel right in the boardwalk for the price. Beautiful pool. Very relaxing.

2 Thank Winklema
Thank you for choosing us for your recent vacation. I apologize for the mix up on your reservation, but am happy to hear that our staff was able to fix this issue. We certainly pride ourselves on offering exceptional customer service. I would also like to apologize for the condition of your bed. We try our best to make sure that all our beds are up to standard and we are sorry to hear that yours was not during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the location and relaxing atmosphere of our hotel and I hope that you will choose us when booking a future vacation to Ocean City.
Upper Darby, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I will most definitely return to Harrison Hall for vacation. The location exceeded expectations. The hotel service specialists treated me and my family very well. I work as a customer service specialist with a major insurance company and I look for excellent service where ever I go. Although the rooms were very small, we were a bit cramped but we made it work with 2 children and 2 adults in the room. My 11 year old boy slept on the floor on a blow up matress, my 4 year old girl slept with me, daddy slept alone (he was okay with it) and we still had a marvelous time. Did I mention the location was perfect and hotel guests got a discount on the boardwalk bikes which was another plus.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin L, Public Relations Manager at Harrison Hall, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience about your stay with us. It is always nice to hear when someone appreciates our customer service as we strive to offer our guests the best service around. I hope that we come to mind the next time you plan a vacation for Ocean City. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We like older family run hotels and this fit the bill perfectly. Our room was a front room that over looked the ocean so it had a great view. The bed was a king and was very comfortable. Front porch was a great place to sit and relax with a cup of coffee in the morning. We will go back and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great feedback and review! We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere that we have to offer. We pride ourselves on being one of the few family run hotels left in Ocean City and we are grateful that you appreciated it. We hope that you think of us next time you book a vacation in Ocean City, and we look forward to having you back in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a great stay at Harrison Hall. The hotel itself is a slightly rundown but our room was nicely renovated. Room was small for my family of 4, but very clean. Hotel is family friendly and we did not experience any noise problems. Awesome pool with bar. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great boardwalk location, not too close to craziness at end of boardwalk, but close enough that it's not a tiresome walk :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. We appreciate your feedback as it certainly helps our future guests. I am glad that you got to experience one of the renovated rooms. Do know we are in the process of renovating all of the rooms in the hotel. I also appreciate your feedback on our staff. We pride ourselves on offering superb customer service and a family friendly atmosphere. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.