“Hot rod weekend”

Ranked #62 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
gambrills
“Hot rod weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We still had a great time/with all the rain!!!Boo. This time we all stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage. I must say it was like a house.Great with full kitchen was a plus.T.V in all bedrooms and nice living room. The best part was large front porch. Parking at the rear by kitchen was good for carring every thing in.Nice bath and also a 1/2 bath. It is a little old but has that charm of back in the day of great O.C Everything is in walking distance and beautiful views. Must add the staff is great. We will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank blewis_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We vacation at the Oceanic every year.. The location, staff and prices are amazing.. You're pretty much in your own little haven on the Inlet and yet just a walk across the street from the beautiful boardwalk. Views are breath taking from pretty much anywhere you look. The staff are always there with a smile on their faces and eager to help when needed.

Room Tip: We prefer the bay/inlet side the views are just beautiful..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Christina S
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have always wanted to stay here but it was always full. I finally got to stay here on the weekend of October 4,5,6, 2013 and was very pleased with everything from the service received in the office to the cleaning of the room. I was very pleased with the cleaned rooms and the location every thing was just wonderful when I left I told the lady in the office I will stay no where else when I come to Ocean City. I love the view and the short walk to the boardwalk and all. I will be back in July 2014. See you then and thanks for everything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoseSantos55
tulipg17
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've stayed at the Oceanic before and I would stay again if the price was right for my needs. I have found them to be consistent in their quality and a good choice for a comfortable (but not luxurious) OC stay.
In this instance I came for 3 nights during Bike Weekend in Sept and stayed in the West Apartment with 3 other adults. The apartment was clean and stocked with the necessities. I enjoy this motel and want them to succeed so my suggestions are in the spirit of constructive criticism in hopes that the motel will use them to improve.
1) The fold out couch bed was reasonably comfortable and the bedding was clean, but the blanket has a noticeable stain and ought to be replaced. I would also suggest a fitted sheet that fits a bit better, since this one easily comes off because it's too large.
2) The kitchen was well stocked with the basic cooking utensils and the only thing we noticed that we did not have were napkins. Please include some napkins. We noticed the appearance of ants around the kitchen after a few days but this was due to us leaving out food in unsecure containers and not the fault of the hotel. Just be aware of this.
3) The room was clean but very much in need of updating (worn out carpeting, some wall scratches and trimmings). This may give the appearance that the room isn't so clean, so some updating will go a long way to a neater look.
4) The bathroom could really use some more shelving space and hooks to hang up towels.
5) The stairs leading to the upper level could be more clearly marked (it's a little confusing with the door to the stairs closed) and often the stairway smelled a bit smoke filled due to smokers on the lower level outside. I'm sure some fresh carpet and air freshening in the stairway would help quite a bit.
6) Consider offering some pet friendly rooms. I would come here much more often if I could bring my (quiet and well mannered) dog.
Overall, I like this motel and it has a lot of that ocean city motel charm. The location is one of my favorite in Ocean City and the prices are reasonable. I enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: The waterfront rooms have the best location I think.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tulipg17
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Sunfest 2013 is when we stayed at the Oceanic Motel. We chose it because of its perfect location at the Inlet. Upon arrival I immediately inspected the beds to rule out bedbugs. The beds passed inspection for that. I was pleased to see the mattresses were encased with a decent protector. The bedding however, was old and stained. One bed had a fitted sheet and bedspread only, no blanket. The other bed had a cover sheet and bedspread, still no blanket.

We had an Inlet Suite, a three-night stay was $643. Cheaper than an oceanfront chain but hardly worth the money. Upon arrival the room smelled very nice, although after a few minutes the strength of the aroma choked me. The living area was an ok size but you couldn't really sit at the table because one chair would put you in front of the door and the other was tucked in between the table and a side table to the sofa.

The bedroom area had to full-size beds. The room is too small for two beds. One bed was against the interior wall and the other bed was against the wall of windows. No curtains, just cheap thin 1 inch plastic white mini-blinds. Cars were parked within inches of the windows. At night the headlights beamed in through the windows. The window AC unit was actually resting on the foot-end of the bed. Each time the compressor turned on it buzzed with vibration which also vibrated the old window panes and the bed. There was a broken-down dresser and two chairs squeezed into the room too. The furniture took up so much room that there was only about 14 inches between the two beds. At the foot end there was about the same space between the beds and the dresser. The drawers were dirty so we lived out of our suitcases which left hardly any room for walking.

The motel claims to allow only one parking space per room but they will issue as many parking permits as you need. Several rooms near us had 2 or 3 cars for the 6 person room capacity.

We arrived on a Thursday and chose to keep our do not disturb sign on the door because we don't need daily maid service for only three of us. By Saturday I figured out why they use the overload of air-freshener when preparing a room for arrival. The room stank of urine.

We were in a first floor room and spent much of our time outside. I found the room to be disgusting. Each room has two rocking chairs in front of it and because there were no individual porches there was a large group from upstairs who used the area as a communal area.

The wifi was practically non-existent. Our phones couldn't hook up to it because each time you attempt to use the wifi it takes you to their website to agree to the terms and then to another page with motel info.

Electrical outlets were limited, old and not convenient for charging phones. I found an available outlet behind our nightstand between the headends of the two beds. I pulled the nightstand away from the wall to reach the outlet and I was shocked at the filth I had found. I don't think they can even fit a vacuum cleaner in much of the bedroom. There was dirt, dust, hair, paint chips, change and a blister pack from medication behind the beds. I left the furniture pulled out hoping they would see it and clean it before the next guest arrived.

This place had to have been flooded during hurricane Sandy and nothing has been replaced. Floors, walls and paint are all peeling and curling up. Someone needs to inspect that place for health violations.

It's a shame to have such a prime location go to waste on these owners. It wasn't nearly as cheap as it should have been considering the condition. I've stayed at places half the price that were better maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank lmartin1025

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

i come to ocmd twice a yr and always stay at the oceanic motel. it is a great location for me, will be back next yr ,if i can i will be there in a week or so ,if i can not make it then i will be back next year i frelly like the place

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I spent a week here with my family: 4 adults and three children ages 3-8. We stayed in two rooms. A family room (2 double beds) and a communicating room. The communicating room was useful because it gave us more space to store our stuff. We could also shut the door between the living room and bedroom so the children or adults depending on who woke up first, could sleep without being disturbed. We had a great stay. The rooms are small, clean, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family