“Do Not Stay!!!”
Review of Oceanic Motel

Oceanic Motel
Ranked #66 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We USED to love staying here until they ripped me off $100 on my credit card. So beware if u want to stay in a hotel of thieves. Its not worth it. My uncle had died and I was told I would lose the deposit which OK I get it or we could just rescheduled for another time and my deposit would go to that. So that's what we did. But after our stay they added on a hundred dollars when I confronted them about it they said nothing could be done. Rip offs!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank sarah l

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every year we try to make it to the beach twice. We always stay at the Oceanic because it is so convenient to everything! Yes, the rooms are dated but what really counts is that our rooms are always clean and the customer service is top notch!. From the ladies in the office keeping my brother and friend in continuous fresh hot coffee, helping with directions and to the maintenance crew for their prompt service you can't find none better! They are real gems!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Georgia S
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked two nights at the Oceanic Motel and was very happy with what I saw online and the low price, but upon arrival I found employees who were aggressive and rude, rooms that were dirty and small, and a motel that is run down. The location is nice - too bad they don't just tear down the Oceanic and put a place people might actually enjoy there. I checked in, went to my room, realized how gross it was, and went back to say I had changed my mind and was informed that there is a no refund policy. That must be because they have so many people who want a refund after being disappointed. DO NOT GO!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank scobb87
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love staying on the inlet. There is so much to watch especially when the weather is bad. The housekeeper did a great job. And the people behind the desk. The Oceanic is the only place I stay when they are open!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Sidestitches
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We still had a great time/with all the rain!!!Boo. This time we all stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage. I must say it was like a house.Great with full kitchen was a plus.T.V in all bedrooms and nice living room. The best part was large front porch. Parking at the rear by kitchen was good for carring every thing in.Nice bath and also a 1/2 bath. It is a little old but has that charm of back in the day of great O.C Everything is in walking distance and beautiful views. Must add the staff is great. We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank blewis_13
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We vacation at the Oceanic every year.. The location, staff and prices are amazing.. You're pretty much in your own little haven on the Inlet and yet just a walk across the street from the beautiful boardwalk. Views are breath taking from pretty much anywhere you look. The staff are always there with a smile on their faces and eager to help when needed.

Room Tip: We prefer the bay/inlet side the views are just beautiful..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have always wanted to stay here but it was always full. I finally got to stay here on the weekend of October 4,5,6, 2013 and was very pleased with everything from the service received in the office to the cleaning of the room. I was very pleased with the cleaned rooms and the location every thing was just wonderful when I left I told the lady in the office I will stay no where else when I come to Ocean City. I love the view and the short walk to the boardwalk and all. I will be back in July 2014. See you then and thanks for everything.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple