“TERRIBLE FLIES AND GROSS”
Review of Oceanic Motel

Oceanic Motel
Ranked #62 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
mcdaniel
“TERRIBLE FLIES AND GROSS”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Spent Thursday JUNE 19 Room 26The Room is Filthy Nasty And Thrir Where Literally Dozens of Flies.......The Best Part Is When We Checked out We Left A Bag By Mistake And my Kindle was in it and when I WENT BACK to get it The Flies HAD Carried Away My Kindle Cause Its Gone......Never WiiL I Stay in This Bed Bug Infested Pig Sty!!!.

Room Tip: stay away as far as possible
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank waterman56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Earleville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here Memorial day weekend 2014. First the location is perfect, literally they are at the tip of the boardwalk and after I parked the car I did not need it again until the day that I left. They have deals with a couple places to save you some money, there are picnic tables and hammocks out back so you can sit down to watch the water (great view) and relax. The front desk and cleaning people were friendly and very helpful plus they must have had every coupon book they made for you to take. The building is older but that is not a bad thing, I liked having an actual key for my room. The only problem I had was that the bathroom was very small in my room but it had all I needed so no worrys on my end. I will be staying here again, this was a great trip.

Room Tip: Make sure you lock your door by hand each time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Tony P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 May 2014

the views are great! Near the bay, ocean, and boardwalk, what more could you ask for. this place is definitely worth it great price, great service, great views! This place also includes free fishing off the fishing pier.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank rodgers63
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The most fantastic views and experiences in all of ocean city. This place is a treasure. Nothing like it anywhere. Not fancy. CLEAN. Friendly. Comfortable. Bring your binoculars. You will always see something new.

Room Tip: They all have their special attraction. Bayyside for sunset. Patio for quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kathy d
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We USED to love staying here until they ripped me off $100 on my credit card. So beware if u want to stay in a hotel of thieves. Its not worth it. My uncle had died and I was told I would lose the deposit which OK I get it or we could just rescheduled for another time and my deposit would go to that. So that's what we did. But after our stay they added on a hundred dollars when I confronted them about it they said nothing could be done. Rip offs!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank sarah l

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Dover, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every year we try to make it to the beach twice. We always stay at the Oceanic because it is so convenient to everything! Yes, the rooms are dated but what really counts is that our rooms are always clean and the customer service is top notch!. From the ladies in the office keeping my brother and friend in continuous fresh hot coffee, helping with directions and to the maintenance crew for their prompt service you can't find none better! They are real gems!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Georgia S
Newark, DE
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked two nights at the Oceanic Motel and was very happy with what I saw online and the low price, but upon arrival I found employees who were aggressive and rude, rooms that were dirty and small, and a motel that is run down. The location is nice - too bad they don't just tear down the Oceanic and put a place people might actually enjoy there. I checked in, went to my room, realized how gross it was, and went back to say I had changed my mind and was informed that there is a no refund policy. That must be because they have so many people who want a refund after being disappointed. DO NOT GO!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple