“back in 1985 time”

DC
“back in 1985 time”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

well! spent $1,100 ($250/night, 2 nights, 2 rooms) and here is what I got:
-"full kitchen". yeah right!!! Full kitchen means it has only a sink, a microwave, and a cabinet. No stoves!!! That's all! It also means i have to spend big big bucks in restaurants in the area for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- no clock! what? no night stand clock!! Luckily, I got my cellphone.
- 25" 15 years old TV (not flat screen). You'll running out of luck if you want to hook up HDMI line to the TV.
- AC runs on the time and it has no digital control thermostat. Only a turn-knob without any number on it. I did adjusted 20 years old AC unit to the lowest temp and it still ran all day long. I ended up cut the power off completely.
-Wallpapers peel off everywhere; inside our room and in the hallways.
- Indoor swimming pool is too small. It can hold up to 10 kids maximum. Dirty!
-Front desk people have no smiles on their faces.
- No Housekeeping service at night. If you need extra towels or sheets, you'll have to drag your legs down to the front desk to get your stuffs.

Overall, it's a dirty and outdated motel. I wouldn't go back

Room Tip: Spend your hard-earned $$$ on somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank meoluoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just stayed there July23rd-25th and It was a MORE then what I expected for my money.Everyone was very nice to us and we had NO problems at all.The room was very clean and the room was large. Not to mention your right on the boardwalk.
I will stay here again!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My family and i went there for the 4th of July 2012 week and for the price that my husband paid we were better off at the Holiday Inn. I should of read all the reviews before we called them. The rooms were nasty, first let me start with the dark dirty carpet, once you close the curtain you can see holes every where. The beds yeah i read one of their responses and they said they have serta mattress yeah ok from the good will. The pillows even worst i had to ask for additional pillows. I check the sheets and it had a yellow stain. Like for real you guys keep saying we clean our hotels and we have good house keepers. The only good positive thing we got clean towels but the towels felt like the ones from the dollar store. The TV omg not even a flat screen so outdated. The walls please fix them you may get some business there however if you update your hotel i am telling you, your revenue will grow. Last but not least the AC attach to the wall displace the vents were dirty and the little tiny fridge omg defrost them before someone else checks in. The WIFI is a joke the guy keep telling me in the lobby i am log in and i was like yeah we are in the lobby i am in the first floor and couldn't log in. My recommendations get better sheets and covers, better pillows update the walls, clean your rooms better and change that dirty curtain. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE. Easy access to the beach however not a good place to sleep at.

2 Thank J R

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and i have stayed here several times. Yes there are so areas that need improved, like any hotel, but the price and the location beat all of the negatives. Its a little dated in the inside and needs a littlle TLC, but if you're looking for perfect, go spend $300-5003 per night for the Hilton! I will continue to stay each and every year, including a week in August this year!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Ashley21502
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed with 2 other families over the Canada's day weekend. The hotel is fairly clean but old. no air conditioner on hallways but every rooms has air conditioner. The one in our room was very noisy, but working. Shower had plenty of hot water.
This hotel is right on front of the beach, a fantastic beach!!! When leaving the beach , there is only one shower further down the boardwalk where you can rinse the sand off, so people end up going inside Americana full of sand, carpets and floors are a mess! A simple solution would be for the hotel to have a faucet outside so we can rinse the sand off.
The hotel could use some cosmetic renovation in the rooms. Outside by the parking lot there are to large garbage contentors that with the high temperatures release an awful smell.

2 Thank CAR0CHA
Reviewed 20 June 2012

First off , when you walk into the hotel its clean the mirrors makes it look like it could be nice . Then you hit the elevator which seems like it'll break any second . Ok , the hallways were trecherous , the floors have clearly never been cleaned , the walls look as if dirt has been smeared on them . The room was fair , it wasn't horrible but the air conditioning was broken , mind you this is in 80 degree weather . The sliding door had what looked like soap scum on it. The toilet was something off of a torture movie . Our next door neighbours paid 70$ a night , while we paid 150$ . Same days , same week , same circumstances . When it was brought to the front desks attention they say that the others were charged wrong. We never had new washclothes or anything . We actually had to buy some from cvs . The maids never came for the 4 days we were there . It was horrible , the shower had like bb gun holes in it. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone .

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank tribalcastro
, Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
We would like to respond to this review in a professional way, but without further information about time of stay, and your reasons for your dissatisfaction it is impossible to rectify your problems or issues. We have housekeeping and maintenance on 24/7 365. If there are any issues we do the best we can to expidite asap. Our customers are our number 1 concern. We want their experience in Ocean City, MD to be a memorable and unforgetable lifetime experience. Please contact us so we may make your stay memorable and unforgetable.

Americana Resorts
1-800-321-9174
Baltimore County
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel last summer. It has a very small indoor pool, but when you have small children it works out just fine. I had no problems with the place being clean. We had clean towels and our room was cleaned every day. If you are a down to earth kind of person and want to stay somewhere cheap, give it a try. It is a GREAT price for the location. Like others have said, you get what you pay for! If you want a nice little trip to the Ocean and you are on a budget, you will not be disappointed.

I am surprised to see so many bad reviews! It seems to me people read these reviews and stay at the hotel anyway and just want to complain about what others have said. I plan on staying here again. My kids had a great time and so did we. I don't go to the ocean to stay at the hotel anyway. I just want a clean place to lay my head at night. Good luck in your journey of finding a place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family