“Absolutely do not go here.”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #86 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Absolutely do not go here.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel was the worst choice I have ever made. The room was musty and looked nothing like the picture, the beds were hard, the pillows were flat, the curtains were moldy, the elevators were sketchy, the pool was tiny and dirty, there was no water pressure in the bathroom, the furniture was either burned or broken, the sheets were dirty, the staff hardly spoke English and were very rude, and best of all, I asked not to have the maid come in, but I was laying in bed and she came in and started looking in my bathroom, I asked why she was in there and started explaining I didn't want the service, she say "No English" several times, later on I was leaving for the beach and she was clearly speaking English in the lobby. When I came back to my room, my beds were made my prescription was missing! NEVER COME HERE!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank StacyLunds
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the Americana Hotel, This is all not normal for the Americana Hotel. We strive to keep our hotel as clean as possible, in good repair, and to have honest and polite employees.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
anurse98
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed here in August of 2012. We found this hotel by accident but so thankful we did! It does need updated but it was very clean and they have very friendly staff!!! It is in a great location on the boardwalk and we were able to walk to must places. I would recommend to anyone! Very reasonable rates, great view from balcony ocean and bay! We will be back to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank anurse98
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I've stayed here many times.
The location is very good. It's relatively clean and the staff does their best to keep people happy.
You have to understand that this place gets destroyed by college kids on a daily basis. It's an Ocean City Boardwalk hotel. It's not a suite at the Waldorf or the Wynn. The hotel does need some upgrades, but it is what it is. It's a decent room with an ocean view at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DirtbikeCowboy
Abbottstown, PA
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We just stayed at the Americana over Labor Day weekend. In total we had 3 different rooms on 2 floors. I'll start out by saying this is an older hotel. The wall paper is peeling in some places. The elevator is crazy slow and I had to go to the lobby twice to get towels becasue they werent finished doing laundry when they cleaned our room. Those are the worst things I can say about this hotel. It is on the boardwalk. I paid $427 total for a 3 day holiday weekend. The staff was very freindly and accomodating. We had a balcony with a side view, which was a great view. If that is important I would suggest requesting a room on floor 4 or 5. If you get a lower room on the one side you might be looking at the building next door. Our room was cleaned every day. Overall it was a good experience. I would definately reccommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 4th or 5th floor to get a better view, if you are renting a side view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rluvsheep
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was very nervous to stay at the Americana after reading the reviews, but my stay was JUST FINE. I feel the need to put a good review on here to help the place out! For the VERY cheap price, the few bumps along the road are completely worth it! Let me first say that as a 23 year old female, I'm a little picky and easily grossed out by dirty rooms - this place had no effect on me. It was clean, spacious, and lets be honest.. I didn't expect to spend much time in the room anyway! I only have 2 things to complain about after a week long stay;

1. The door to the back patio was difficult to open, and difficult to close/lock.

2. All of the stairway doors had a sign that said "Emergency Exit Only - Alarm Will Sound If Opened" so we were forced to take the elevators. However, there may have been an alternative had I asked the front desk.

Thats it! So, if you're thinking about cancelling and you expect to spend 90% if your vaca in the room, maybe you want somewhere with a flat screen and free WIFI. But if you're just looking for a cheap, clean place to lay your head after a day on the beach and a night on the boardwalk, STAY HERE! :)

Room Tip: - Bring a clock! Only source of time is the microwave - Bring filters & coffee if you expect to...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank smgraci89
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My family and I traveled from NJ to Ocean City,MD for our annual vacation. I read the previous reviews and I must admit I was very nervous. But to my great surprise the Americana was great, clean, peaceful etc. I honestly do not have one complaint. Great family enviorment for a great price!! I recommend the Americana.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Gr8tApostle
nj
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was told about this hotel through a friend of my fiance and i have to say after reading the reviews I was going to cancel, but after deciding to try the place out, I'm glad we didnt. The place was great, the rooms were nice and clean and the view from my room spectacular, and the staff was very nice, not to mention the price we paid to be right on the broadwalk was a steal, the only complaint I have is that you need a strong man to open the balcony door and the water pressure was low. Other than that, this is a place I'd recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple