“Great location- would stay again!”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #87 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Was nervous about this hotel after some of the reviews....but glad we stayed here! Rooms and oceanfront balcony were very spacious! Staff was very nice......stayed on the 5th floor, oceanfront view was great! Again, location was great, parked the vehicle and didn't have to get back in it until we checked out. Only complaint I have is regarding the Wi-Fi.... no internet access the whole time we were there, we were given the password, however there was never a strong enough signal for any internet connection (we were on an end- corner room) apparently each floor has it's own internet connection, where we were located did not pick any of this up.....regarding the stairs, I'm not sure if we were allowed or not, but at times we used them! and our room was very clean upon arrival, carpets were shampooed and still a little damp. no outdoor pool, yes the indoor pool is somewhat small, but heated which my 7 month old baby enjoyed very much! There are 2 elevators, yes they are somewhat slow, but I didn't think it was too bad, I've seen worse... If you're looking for a decent, average hotel, in a great location with a great view...this hotel is for you. Afterall, you're going for the BEACH right?! I think the people that are complaining so much should stay in a 5 star hotel if that's what they're looking for ;) I would definitely stay here again! PS.....Beds were clean....room service only came 2 days, we ran downstairs for more toilet paper and asked them to come for towels, and they did.... Very pleased with our stay!

1  Thank Melissa C
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We are delighted that me meant you expectation for a great hotel stay.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a few days for a summer trip. When we first got there the images online looked nothing like the hotel. The inside was old and crusty looking. The staff were extremely rude and barely spoke any English. When we got to our room the sheets were yellow and the pillows were brown and I am not talking about the pillow cases or sheet colors. We had to bring our own sleeping blankets because the bed was nasty and I feared I was going to get an STD. We were in our room for less than an hour when we decided to step out on to our balcony for a drink. Our view was a old dumpster from the restaurant beside the hotel which wreaked and there were birds everywhere. While we were on the balcony we had the door locked and bolted from the inside. Once we came back in to our room the door was open only to be stopped by the dead bolt. The staff tried to come in to our room thinking we were not there. This all happened less than 2 hours into our stay. We approached the desk and questioned them about why our door was open and all the sudden no one could speak English at all. They had no explanation and for the rest of the trip we took all of our valuables to the beach with us. I have never in my life written a hotel review but I feel people should know to NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zack T
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Thank you for the review, we have upgraded the lock systems for your safety. We try to keep everything clean and working right. What you describe is not normal for our hotel.

Management

Reviewed 29 July 2013

First off, I have a phobia about elevators!! They have stairs but no one is allowed to use them unless you are dying!!!! My answer to the question about what to do about this was find another hotel (of course at the last minute in peak season!!!) The rooms were small and dirty! Mattress was so old and saggy that they had boards between the mattress and box spring, which did not help and I came home with an aching back!!! Bathroom floor was filthy and the carpet smelled like urine!!! The indoor pool they brag about was so dirty that you could not see the bottom of the pool because of the dirty water. Opening your eyes underwater was a no-no!!!! Plus they failed to mention that the pool was kiddie sized and not good for adults!!!!! Not worth the $1800.00 we paid to stay there and will DEFINITELY not go there again!!!! The staff was snobby and very inconsiderate, even laughing when we complained!!! This place needs to be condemned!!!!!!!

Room Tip: best place on the boardwalk is the Rideau!!!!!
2  Thank pam018

Thank you for taking time to review the Americana Hotel, The stairway doorsare always locked. The town requires we keep them locked from the outside at all times. At the Americana Hotel we try to keep everything as clean as possible, and in good working condition. What you describe is not normal for our hotel.

Management

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel has an awesome location. We stayed on the 6th floor on the south side. We heard no outside noises at all. No trash trucks or delivery trucks. The curtain across the sliding glass door was heavy enough that it kept out the morning sunlight. You heard no noises from any rooms. Sleeping was great! The beds were comfy. Yes the pillows were a little on the flat side. The room was HUGE and very very clean. Our bed sheets were changed DAILY, the bathroom and kitchen floors were washed everyday. The carpeting was swept everyday. Clean bath towels were given to us daily. Our 2 housekeepers were awesome. The staff is very friendly. We had a balcony with a sideview of the ocean. Honestly this hotel is a great deal and priced right for being on the boardwalk at 10th street. Will stay here again!!

2  Thank Robin260
americanamanager, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We a thrilled to hear that your stay with us meant your expectations, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family booked this hotel, then read all the bad reviews. We checked in & were quite surprised to find that our rooms were super large & nice!! The hotel itself could be updated, & there were some plumbing issues, but it was fixed quickly. The housekeeping service was AWESOME!! Our rooms were left VERY clean & they even made little animals & flowers with our towels!! We had a total of 3 rooms & no issues. The front desk was nice to deal with as well. Great location, great value. Don't let the bad reviews turn you away!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Girlyhead

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay at he Americana. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. We like to get away by ourselves mostly in the off season . Our grandson loved it here to. Staff very friendly. We have stayed here numerous times and will continue to do so . We love to just sit on the ocean front balcony and people watch, read, etc. Beautifull view of ocean.

Room Tip: Ocean front very nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank repomike

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

After reading the reviews I was very worried and almost canceled. I'm glad I didn't! Yes, the hotel could definately be freshened up - it's old and shows wear. It is also in a great location, had a big private balcony, very clean and the staff was very helpful. My only complaint is about the parking. I wasn't told there was a second parking lot about a block away until I went in to complain about no parking. On the flip side they did offer free parking for a second car (at the Grand Hotel). It was far away but it was free so no complaints here.

3  Thank Sherry P

We appreciate your review of the Americana. We have completed some upgrades and planning more this winter. We hope to see you again soon.