“Perfect location, beautiful view.”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #88 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Moundsville
“Perfect location, beautiful view.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

You get what you pay for. The location and view of the hotel was perfect. The indoor poor is a little small but does it's job. Most of the staff is very helpful and on top of complaints. We rented 3 rooms and one wasn't cleaned at all at check in. But the male staff took care of it immediately. The room size is good.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank brittany9769
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We hope to have you stay again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting OC for the past 15 years at least once or twice a summer and have stayed in a lot of hotels there this hotel is truly not as bad as some say! Is it the Hilton of course not but the room was clean and it's right on the boardwalk for a great location(I stayed at the 6th St. location) so if you are looking for a boardwalk hotel on a budget then I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank heather h
Thank you for your kind review and sharing your experiences with us.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Horrible service, stayed on first floor and the hall stunk so bad and was 90degrees, no housekeeping, when they so-call clean empty rooms they would leave trashbags in hall for 2days. Iwe would rather have stayed in a card board box, NEVER EVER WILL WE RETURN...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mariah s
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Americana Hotel, I assure you this is not normal for the Americana Hotel. We try to keep our hotel as clean as possible. We have staff on duty 24/7 if this were brought to our attention we would take care of the problems as soon as possible.

Managment

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Reading the horrible reviews worried me, but needing a vacation on a budget I booked a room with Americana Hotel. It was the 10 th street location, they have a Americana Motor inn on 6th Street. Which led To some confusion. True fact is If your looking luxury dont stay here but, if you don't mind a budget place this one is for you. Check in was quick, the service desk helpful. Location was great, in front of beach access and umbrella rental close by was Hammerheads for great drinks. Pus an Arcade for the kids. The room was spacious, the A/C worked really well in fact we had to turn it off, the room got so cold.

Room had small fridge, full size sink,microwave and coffee pot.Bring your own coffee and fixings with mugs. There were none provided but I always bring my own anyway. The fridge was very cold our milk froze, sodas didn't but were very cold. Bathroom had soap, shampoo and hair dryer. I guess my only complaint would be the pillows, recommend bring yours..I always do. the beds were
firm but good. Yes there was a funny smell in the elevators,halls but I think it was wet beach smell, you got used to it. No room safe, or instructions to access the Internet a quick call to front desk took care of that. They were folding sheets in the lobby ( which is small) but hey, at least you knew they were washed. Walls throughout did have wall paper coming loose, pool is very small.good parking in a garage just across the street if the hotel lot is full. We chose to leave our car in the garage it stayed cool and clean.Overall good stay, would do it again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank klf009
Thank you for the feedback we appreciate your thorough review.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel really sucks the people there cannot be trusted with your jewelry or anything else left in your room I stayed there last year and my stuff was stolen they said that my jewelry was not in my room I know for sure that it was somebody there is wearing a few thousand dollars worth of gold

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marsha M
Thank you for taking the time to review the Americana Hotel, We have available safety deposit boxes at the front desk. No one here remembers someone reporting thousands of dollars worth of jewlry stolen from their room on or around June 19, 2014. If you think anything is missing from your room, please report it to the manager on duty, and call a policeman and file a police report.

Management
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

this hotel was one of the nastiest hotels I've ever stayed in. the rooms weren't even clean when we arrived, we had to have room service come andvclean them once again. the staff members that run the hotel are very rude, the so-called manager was not even in the hotel when we were trying to tell them about our dirty, nasty room. we were then told the manager would come up to our room and look at it himself. Once I finally got to talk to the manager it was when I arrived back home.he called my phone and was very rude he seemed to understand he had a nasty hotel by stating we should not have stayed here and to not ask for a discount after the stay. he then told me I could get a 15% discount for the terrible stay. one of the main reasons we stayed at the Americana wasfor the indoor pool, which happened to be closed down. we arrived back home on May 4th and we have still not received a discount from the day we have talked to him. I advise people to not stay at this hotel even if the price is cheap you get for what you paid for this nasty hotel

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank ryan_81613
Thank you for taking the time to review the Americana Hotel, I assure you the problems you described are not normal for the Americana Hotel, our housekeepers are trained to clean throughly. When you check in if you are not pleased with the hotel room we will cheerfuly refund the price of the room, so you can find another room on Ocean City, MD.

Management
Baltimore County
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I am here now. It is clean and a great location! What else could you ask for? I would recommend bringing your own coffee tho. They have coffee in the lounge but it's not that good but does the trick. There is a coffee pot in the room. Also, I have read some reviews about the staff here not speaking English... Well, I don't have a problem at all! Everyone has been very nice! The staff does have an accent, but come on... It is called The Americana Hotel! Lol overall if you are looking for a great price and a clean room book this place! I am on 10th street! :)

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank Kelly A
We appreciate the nice review of the hotel. We do have great staff from all over the world.