“"A room with anew"”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Hampton Inn & Suites is a very clean & comfortable hotel with many attractions nearby. The room had efficient and modern convenience's at hand and was serene and relaxing. The breakfast in the lobby is where this hotel goes the extra mile. It is a spread fit for kings and queens. Just incredible! The downstairs lobby area also has a very nice pool, (By view.I did not go for a swim this time.) "Tranquil aquamarine beauty however!" I love the work out center. It has weights and other gym accessories that other hotel gym's just do not have.Now the staff, I have a mixed review. I go on vacation......to -be- on vacation. Treated with respect and decency, which is expected for everyone going on vacation should expect. I really do think if you work in the people pleasing industry , that you may want to be more than qualified at accommodating others. "Lisa was a joy all-around." Speaking with me personally by the lobby lounge with openness and helpful & caring conversation. She both complimented my stay and the hotel industry. For anyone! Leslie was helpful in area's that would be standard for all desk operator's. Valerie was also very helpful, yet seemed distant and preoccupied when asked for assistance. But life is tough for us all, right? Leave gloomy at home. Bring professionalism and smiles to your job that requires you to please others. Wouldn't be a complete vacation for me without a bit of shadiness or human mishap occurring...I was-just- getting ready to shower when a "maintenance man" knocked on my door three times quickly, and then to my utter surprise ,...simply entered. I kid you not! And upon closing the door he said: "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here." Well then why did you knock. Please~~. So I filed a necessary complaint with the front desk and they said they would offer me an "Honors...something." Basically a free stay.(*In which I am still waiting for a response, or follow-up by Hampton Inn in O.C.....). Which would be standard for this inconvenience, and unprofessionalism by hotel staff workers. This sort of miscommunication simply cannot happen! Especially with it being winter and there only being six rooms that were occupied on the entire floor! I really love the location and the peacefulness of how said hotel and surrounding property is located by the Bay. Without the few emendable mishaps. "I simply love to stay at this hotel when on vacation or business when in Ocean City, Maryland. Everytime!"...ty for reading. D. Tartaglia.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave T

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great room, super clean, wonderful staff. Enjoyed wonderful breakfast that was better than some of the restaurants we stopped at. The pool and hot tub were wonderful relaxers at the end of the day! We got great directions and tips of what to see in the area from the staff. Hopefully there will be another Hampton Inn in the area of our next road trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank barbarabD5566MB
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel was super clean and the staff was fantastic. I stay at the Hampton Inn every time I am in Ocean City. I hope to stay longer next time so I can use the fitness center and pool. Both looked very inviting. The cook for breakfast was excellent.

2  Thank Phyllis B
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just checked out and I just cant wait to get back just thinking about my comfortable sofa chair while I watched a movie oh so relaxing, my pillows and bed aah what a beautiful nights rest the comfort of my pillows and bed was divine, a nice hot shower in the morning accompanied by the free complimentary breakfast with a ocean side view. I just want to graciously thank each and every staff member for their wonderful hospitality and a great stay

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank yshann
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Zac and the other front desk staff were amazing as the last time. We were very happy to see they had installed a new hot tub and the pool and conversation pool were heated this year! The maintenance worker on duty was a little annoying asking if we were drinking alcohol in the pool area, using his mop around the area as we were trying to relax. Then kept yelling "five more minutes" until the pool closed. We are adults and do not need to be monitored.Since he is not security and or management he may want to stick to his "maintenance duties". We love this hotel and will be back next year.

4  Thank JoAnn H
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was great. Great clean room, great location, enjoyed the indoor pool, etc...The only thing we did not enjoy was the church groups of young children. They invaded the pool area and hot tub. They were taking clean and dirty towels from the towel basket and throwing them in the pool. Towels were flying from one end of the pool to the other, back and fourth. Not only were they using up all the towels but they were playing with the handicap seats next to the hot tub and pool. Once we had enough of their behavior, we went to the front desk and a staff member came right in to handle the situation. Thank you!

The coffee station and breakfast area was always a mess and hard to get to due to the large amount of children present. This was not the hotels fault...I just wish the children were more certious to the other guest. Another issue was the children running up and down the halls and blocking the elevator area.

I know the hotel tried to handle these issues and I appreciate that. I would stay at this hotel again because I enjoyed the room, location and amenities.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank szimmerman1
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was our first time staying at the Hampton Inn in Ocean City, MD. All I can say is WOW. The foyer is gorgeous with an immediate view of bayside. What caught my attention was the sitting area. There were very comfortable sofas for visiting or just finding your own space. The view though was spectacular and very relaxing. The dining room is equally eye catching.
Our room was located bayside and the view wonderful even from the beds. Each room has a balcony...you can go out on. The room was tastefully decorated and at the top of Hampton standards. TV selection was good, internet connection was great. Breakfast was served until 10 am...so you could sleep in a bit. The food was pretty standard but well laid out. The only thing I found awkward was the position of coffee and tea. That was found back near the front desk. There is a table in all Hamptons with hot coffee and tea that is available 24 hours. It is not anywhere near the rest of the breakfast foods. Staff was friendly and professional. Kudus for a nice , pleasant stay. Will gladly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank TigerLily1010
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you Tigerlily1010 for such a great review. We are happy you enjoyed everything about your stay with us! We hope you'll come back again the next time you're visiting Ocean City!