“Great as always”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great as always”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was our 3rd time back to this hotel. Love Hampton and couldnt think if staying anywhere else when I visit Ocean City. Everything is clean which is what counts the most for us when we travel. I will be back in September for SunFest and I cant wait!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights, July 14-15. It was a very large and nicely decorated hotel, including a few extras that puts it above other Hampton Inns that I've stayed at. I loved the outdoor pool area, Tiki bar, and shuttle service to the ocean beach across the street.
The only complaint I have are the humidity detectors that are in every room. It probably wouldn't be an issue if it's not raining, but during a rainy night, the detector went off twice in the middle of the night. We didn't have the balcony door open, and we kept the air conditioner on, but apparently it was still too moist in the room. I called the front desk the first time it went off to make sure it wasn't anything that we would have to evacuate the room for. She answered no, and told us just hit the button on the side of the detector to silence it. Apparently that only works for a couple of hours.
Other than that, the room, especially the bed, was comfortable. I loved that there is a balcony on every room, too!

Room Tip: The ocean view room was nice, but a pool/bay view would be even better!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jeterxfd
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel several times. I had never been treated so disrespected in my life. I have several health issues. I have a very low immune system.Therefore I like my room clean. I should't have to go and clean my own room before staying there. I mentioned this to Zach the front desk manager. He was very rude to me. Then later that evening went to front desk and ask for towels. There was a big note about me warning the staff I was extra picky. AND NOT TO ACCOMMODATE MY NEEDS!!!!! I was in shock a manager would do such a thing. I brought it to the ladies attention at the front desk. She said so SORRY you should have never seen that! This is not a Hilton family !!! I hope someday Zach doesn't have his own health issues in life.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank MEM1994
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hubby and I stayed in the king suite. It was nice, clean and roomie. Everyone was very helpful and kind. The view of the bay was awesome. Since the weather was cool and cloudy we didn't get to use the pool much but it was very nice as well as the Tiki bar on the pool area. The complimentary breakfasts had anything you could possibly want. The only problem was the bed being too firm and the paper thin walls. But they can't please everyone when it comes to the beds. All in all it was a great stay, as they usually are at all Hamptons.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank D H
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a suite on the second floor, which was fantastic. The pool was great and surprisingly not crowded even on sunny hot days. This Hampton Inn is on the bay. The ocean is across a busy street. Unfortunately, you MUST use the crosswalks to get to the ocean which increases the walk to the beach. The hotel does provide shuttle service to the beach, which is wonderful. You can walk to the start of the boardwalk, but it is a long walk. The staff said they are trying to get permission to have a shuttle route to the boardwalk. At the pool, there is a Tiki bar and fire pit. The prices at the Tiki bar seemed fair except the drink glasses are one size and not big. It was lovely sitting out at the pool with the fire and torches lit. There is an indoor pool and indoor hot tub, no outdoor hot tub. The breakfast offered at this Hampton Inn was better than any other Hampton Inn breakfast that we have had. They had fresh fruit each morning (blueberries, raspberries, pineapple), as well as the usual items. The staff was very helpful, the lobby very nice. We enjoyed our time there and look forward to returning.

4 Thank SammySyracuse
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bay view is great for sunsets. Breakfast is a plus, but the staff was not very friendly. Asked them to replenish some items 20 minutes before the scheduled closing and they refused, telling me to come down earlier. Free beach towels also helpful.

Room Tip: If staying on the Bay side, avoid the 1st floor. The view is better up high, and you'll be farth...
2 Thank Jkevhoops
Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been going to OCMD for 25 years and have always stayed in a beach front hotel. This time we booked late and decided to try the Hampton Inn which is on the bay. Wow, we loved it. Our room was a good size with 2 Queen beds and a very spacious bathroom. Every room has a balcony roomy enough for 2 chairs. The breakfast was excellent and included. There were indoor and outdoor pools and they provide beach towels. Many of the OCMD hotels do not provide beach towels. Very nice friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a bayside room above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family