“Love it!”

Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Reston, Virginia
“Love it!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived early for a one night stay on a Friday morning at 10:30. Asked the lovely lady at the desk (Lesley) for a parking placard so we could hit the beach while waiting for our room and she said "I think I have a room ready, would you like to check in early?" Awesome! Was delighted by the bay front suite...large, clean, modern and just what I needed with 2 teenage boys! All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was hot, plentiful, and delicious (and free of course.) there were cheese omelettes, bacon, French toast sticks, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, juices, milk, coffee, something for everyone! The view of the bay from our balcony was stunning. There were tiki lamps and a fire pit going next to the pool on a cool Aug night where folks clearly enjoyed themselves. Just one block walk to the ocean. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in OC but this fantastic Hampton Inn.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Maura M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Eastchester, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel has one of the best I've ever stayed in the price range. The popular amenities include free breakfast (great variety), friendly staff, nicely furnished rooms, cleanliness, outdoor pool and bar, trolley service to the beach. Would highly recommend and definitely stay there again. Best deal for the money.

Lancaster, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just a really bad experience from the manager not knowing how to contact maintenance to housekeeping sweeping dirt into our food. The breakfast bar would run out food like bananas and yogurt. I do not recommend this Hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Francine M
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Laurel
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I enjoyed the view from the pool and tiki bar. The firepit was a nice touch. The sunset over the bay was gorgeous. I was able to enjoy the view from the gym as well. Excellent location and front desk staff were very helpful with tips for local restaurants.

Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a stay at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. There were 7 of us in 3 separate rooms (5 adults and 2 kids). We went in with no real expectations and had not looked at photos of the hotel since we booked (and I forgot). Everything was nice and if there was an issue, it was remediate quickly.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by two nice ladies at the desk. Our rooms were not available yet. After driving down, our children were ready to move. They advised me we could change and use the pool. When asked for lunch suggestions, they provided me with some suggestions. While at lunch, my parents arrived and went to the desk. One room of the two we were getting that day was ready. She checked in and we unloaded our stuff so the children could change and swim. Our room was clean. It had view of the road. That was fine but could be noisy. My husband joked it was an Ocean view because you could see the ocean between two hotels across the street. Again, our room was great, clean and comfortable.

Shortly after our room was ready, the second one was ready. There were a few minor things with that room such a as a stain on the floor (when my mother told housekeeping, they immediately cleaned it) and a refrigerator that was broken. It was replaced but noisy. My mom eventually unplugged it at night to sleep better. Otherwise their room was fine.

The pool area was one of the nice surprises. We used it twice and it was not very crowded. The view from the pool deck to the bay was breathtaking. There are towels available at the front desk for pool use. We ate lunch at the pool from the tiki bar. The food was fine. Nothing spectacular.

As for the continental breakfast, it is your standard Hampton inn breakfast. My parents ate it twice and said it wast fine.

Overall, a very nice hotel experience. We will definitely stay again. Cannot wait! Went in with no expectations and really was surprised.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is nice and clean as the usual Hampton experience. I appreciate the clean duvet covers for each new guest. We had hoped from the website photos for a bayfront room but we booked a senior rate and was told upon arrival that there were no waterfront rooms available. All full. I was skeptical as a frequent traveler thinking that the waterfront was held for the higher paying customers. Our balcony faced the very noisy highway. Not interested in staying here again unless I can score a bayfront room. Otherwise it was a good hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HapiTraveler
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in on a Saturday and The entire hotel was sold out. I got there early so the ladies at the front desk (Lindsey and Nicola) gave me a key to go hang out by the pool and the tiki bar. The bartender Eric at Kunus tiki bar was so great to talk to and kept me company while I waited for my room.

Nicola was the woman at the front desk who was so accommodating and had great advice as to what attractions were worth visiting and restaurants were worth eating at. She was so pleasant and helpful.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. We had a balcony that looked out onto the bay. The 24 hour coffee came in handy. And unlimited fruit around the clock. The location was great for us. Restaurants and night life was walking distance. And anything else we wanted to see the bus stop was right out front our hotel front door and it was $3 for an all day bus pass.

This hampton inn is where we will be staying every time we make a trip to ocean city. I highly recommend!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple