“Wonderfully cozy hotel with surprising upgrades”
Review of Ocean Lodge Hotel

Ocean Lodge Hotel
Ranked #67 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderfully cozy hotel with surprising upgrades”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

On the exterior ocean lodge looks like just another cheap ocean city motel but that is far from the truth. After checking in with the incredibly friendly staff I proceeded to my room witch was surprisingly modern. A brand new led lcd tv with a full satellite package laid before me as I sat on my almost trampoline like bed. Off to one side a small mini fridge and microwave oven and the other an elegantly designed bathroom. The room was small but extremely cozy and the location couldn't be beat. A stones throw away from pickles pub and 2 blocks to the beach!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexander B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I would never stay here again, even if they paid me. It was cheap and there's a nice balcony; thats the only thing positive I have to say. Handprints and dirt on walls. The two double beds took up nearly the entire room. The one mattress didnt even fit the bed and kept sliding off. The bathroom, though newly renovated, looked as though my kids did the work on it. The small shower was moldy and the drain was scary (tetanus anyone?) and had to wear flip flips in it. You could not bend down to wash your legs, because of the small space! We immediately started looking for other places but could not find one so we were stuck there for almost a week! We hightailed it to the closest walmart for cleaning supplies to make the place a little better. We bought sheets and towels as well, because we, frankly, did not trust it. Shower curtain was moldy as well (got a brand new one, fresh out of the packaging, from the staff-which makes me wonder why it wasnt just changed). We used their towels for a pathway through the tiny room and treated their carpets like hot lava because they were that filthy! Needless to say we spent as little time possible in the room and got most of our sleep on the beach because we were still uncomfortable even after cleaning it. Please, if you value your money and cleanliness, save up and splurge on better lodgings!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Danielle R
Ocean L, Owner at Ocean Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
We appreciate all the comments and the criticism we receive from our guests. At Ocean Lodge Hotel, we seriously take every comment that has been made in order to improve the overall customer satisfaction. We would like to agree with the statement that “the customer is always right!” But, in this case, (which many months have passed from the guests stay and new updates are in progress), it would have been very helpful if any evidence could have been provided to us in order to respond in a fairly matter.
Before the last season started (from early January 2013 - mid April 2013) we updated all the internal facilities including painting, carpets, furniture, mattresses, etc. In addition, we had new sheets, pillows, towels, refrigerators, mattresses protection with zippers, pillow protection with zippers, shower curtains, etc. Currently, we are working tirelessly toward the new season by improving even more our facilities. We are installing flat screen TVs, room curtains, upgrading satellite channel packages, new microwaves in each room, alarm clocks etc.
So, during last season (sometime from mid April 2013 - mid October 2013)…we are not sure which dates the guests is referring to, it is impossible for the guests to have experienced handprints/dirt on the walls, or issues with mattresses, or mold in the shower. We are a family business and the cleanness is our top priority. We are one of the few small hotels in OC to have a housekeeping supervisor at all the time throughout the season.
Furthermore, it is hard to believe that the guests had so many issues at our hotel, yet they did not report any of them to the management or the supervisor on duty. It is even harder to believe that the guests spent additional money at Wal-Mart from their vacation budget in order to accommodate themselves in the room that have already paid for the entire week without reporting the “issues” or seeking any compensation.
Regarding the room sizes – our hotel is fairly old building but very well maintained. It is our belief that the room sizes are serving very well the purpose of it. In addition, they are fairly priced, very clean, in a great location, and we deliver a terrific customer service. Most of our guests were very pleased to stay at Ocean Lodge last season, and many of them are returning this coming up season. We are looking forward to seeing all of them and many others.
Ocean Lodge Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Being a native Marylander, I've definitely had my share of Ocean City. My boyfriend and I love to fish and we are always on the go. After a failed attempt to camp at Assateague, due to no vacant sites... I did some searching online for affordable rooms at the ocean. I almost said Forget It because all of the rooms were soo expensive or the cheaper hotels were booked. Then I came across Ocean Lodge. I am soo glad I did because its a great place to stay! Very inexpensive and awesome location. Walk over 2 short streets and youre on the boardwalk and 2 streets behind is the bay! The staff are very friendly. All linens, towels, and toilet paper are stocked daily. The room was chilled for us when we got there. We took a small room with only 1 double bed. It had a tv, compact fridge and window ac. Thats all we needed! Just a place to sleep and shower. The only "problem" we had was the bathroom was very small and compact. Nowhere to put soap and shampoo in the shower. But, If youre on the go like us... this is a PERFECT hotel for you! You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Decide how much you are going to be in that room. Then decide how much you are willing to pay for us...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JennM3543
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Let me start by saying that this is not a 5-star hotel. This being said, it is not a dump either.
Any staff member that we had to deal with was absolutely amazing and did every thing in their power to make our stay as nice as possible.
The location is just perfect. The Boardwak is very close and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.
The room was quite old but it was clean when we arrived and it was cleaned every day. The air conditionner, Wi-Fi, refrigerator and TV all worked well.
My major complaint would be about the bathroom. It is really small and is lacking into major amenities that you usually need in a bathroom. As an example, there is no electrical outlet in the bathroom. There are also no place to put the soap and shampoo in the small shower so I had to leave my stuff on the floor next to the shower and water would spill out everytime I needed to get something. There are also no phone or alarm clock in the room.
Overall, some improvements are needed but I would probably choose this hotel again if I had to go back to OC in the future because of it's location and the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Marie-Eve_08
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was there with my friends last weekend. We stayed there for three nights. The rooms were very nice and clean. The service was excellent. The owners were on top of things in order to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Very great location and close to boardwalk. I am definitely coming back next year. Next time is going to be a family vacation. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank KrisG55
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Where do I even start. First off, the pictures on the website are not accurate at all. We had a group of 8 people, the rooms were extremely small. No place to put anything, and there is one bathroom which is located in the middle of the two connected rooms which is stupid. The air conditioner was moldy, so we asked someone twice to come fix it. Nope, never did anything about it. Fridge was leaking everywhere so the maid came and wiped it with a towel... thanks I could have just as easily done that myself. We all wore flip flops to take showers because there's just a nasty hole in the ground as the "drain". We didn't bring any extra toilet paper because who would have though they don't supply you with any? Ridiculous. Also, we didn't receive any of our security deposit back, so if you plan on staying here, don't plan on getting that back because they will tell you some absurd reason as to why they're keeping your money. Oh, also there was no room service the entire week so we were left with a scummy room full of dirt on the floor and sheets that were not changed daily. Please don't stay here is my advice to you.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lexie246
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The advertisements online are not very accurate. I expected the rooms to apperar as they did in the photos, but they were much smaller and not nearly as well kept. Upon arrival, the refrigerator was leaking onto the floor, the air conditioner was moldy (making my allergies act up, which in turn effected my sleep), we had to wait an extra hour and a half to check in in after our scheduled check in time, and the shower did not have a drain, just a dirty sharp edged hole, and as a whole the room was rather dirty and had minimal lighting. The only thing done to make any of it better was that the maid wiped the water from the fridge up. We were told maintenance would clean the ac unit, but after asking two days in a row, nothing was done to clean it. We had to supply our own toilet paper, the hotel said it is not their job, and were limited to one towel per person. The location is not too bad, it is a few blocks from the boardwalk, not on it or even across the street. Overall, I would not recommend this place for an enjoyable stay, the workers were not very helpful and it was hard to figure anything there out. The only plus was that we could walk to the boardwalk in like 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. People from Beach Bum Motel told me that thet we satisfied with their room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends