“Eat at own risk”

Ranked #338 of 449 Restaurants in Ocean City
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and i and a family friend ate there in Aug of 2013. Our first time to Ocean City so thought we would give it a try. Bill ended up being over $100.00 for the 6 of us and the food was terrible. Our family friend ended up getting sick five mins as soon as we walked out. I will never eat there again.

1  Thank Michael2972

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can say without a doubt this is the worst place I've ever eaten. Dark, musty restaurant ended up being a $40 bill for two people which included food which made a school cafeteria look good. The tomatoes at the salad bar tasted like armpit, the macaroni and cheese was noodles with canned nacho cheese sauce, all the meat was old and dry, the mashed potatoes tasted like chunky sour cream, the apple "crisp" was so runny it wouldn't stay on my plate... Asked for Diet Coke and got tea. I don't know if I'm more offended that they charged us $40 with a straight or added 15% gratuity for staff who has no idea how to run a restaurant. you know it's bad when you look around and everyone's face looks despondent. I wouldn't eat here again even if it was free.

5  Thank Nuzzums
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were on the boardwalk and got hungry and decided to stop in Paul Reveres to eat, it was convenient and the price was cheap. We should have known something was wrong when there was no line to get in and it was around diner time. We went in and paid before we ate, like most buffets. Right away we could smell this musty mildew odor. We sat down and the waitress came over and we gave her our drink order. As we started to go to the food stations, the food looked like it was sitting there for days. I got a bowl of soup, my wife got some chicken and my daughter got what appeared to be chicken strips and some mac and "cheese" I guess. Our drinks came, I got iced tea and they got sodas. I tried the soup and it was about room temp. My iced tea was warm. The chicken dry and barely room temp and the mac and whatever was like what you would use to make macaroni art in grade school. none of us had another bite it was so bad. We got up and I asked for a refund and they would not refund the money for the drinks and were reluctant to refund the food bill. Also keep in mind that this place is actually in the basement of one of the Boardwalk hotels, complete with a beautiful view of the elevator shaft and the mechanical room for the hotel. What this place really needs is Paul Revere to stand outside to warn people away.

2  Thank Kirk M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been here 2 times and both times we have been happy with our food.
There is a wide variety of food to choose from and it tastes good.
The price is right for a family.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have eaten here every year for the last 15 years. Yes the place is dark. Yes somewhat mysterious. But the food is acceptable if you open your eyes and stay away from some.
Salad bar was adequate, lettuce was fresh and Macaroni Salad was excellent as well as dressings. Main buffet Turkey was real turkey with real mashed potatoes and stuffing. Vegetables were very nice. Some things including fried chicken and pasta and meat balls looked like they have been there since last year so you stay away from them.

Desert Bar was excellent, waitress service was fine.

It is not fine dining but it serves a purpose. At $12.99 it is still a good bargain but be aware a two party bill explodes to $38.00 after tax and mandated 15% tip added on.

So go, enjoy, just watch what you choose....